• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Great Fandom Crossover Mafia (MAFIA WIN)

Re: The Great Fandom Crossover Mafia (Game in Progress)

Nope, they aren't even in Skyrim at all! They were in Oblivion though, but only the scythes were really fun. I liked to hang them from the rafters in my house in the Imperal Docks.

You do NOT know how many hours that took to do. Seriously.

It's not Dishonored either. It's something I was more known for, but lately I've been a bit quiet about.

Is it Dragon Age?

Abstain

For my safety I'll only say that one of you is right.

I might wonder what superbird was up to last night, since it seemingly took a targetted action and was targetted by an action, though. I mean, perhaps the latter isn't something that can we can reasonably expect to learn, but the former, eh?

I'm as confused as you. I do believe that I got redirected by someone, because I did not hit my intended target last night.

Also, I may as well say that I'm Homestuck as well. It's not like that's going to help narrow it down or anything. Also my role doesn't really make that much sense anyway.

i'm not actually warriors, surprisingly! probs cause vehement doesn't know much bout that series?

will contribute more later, getting ready for uni. likely i'll abstain though, i just need moar time to think

Well I do have fandoms other than Homestuck and AtLA

I just don't talk about them

Also, Homestucks, doesn't it seem unlikely Gamzee was /mafia/ mafia? I can't imagine him being in an organized one unless it's with Caliborn/Kurloz, and a pure HS mafia would be... yeah.

I'd imagine it's likely that Light's from Death Note, which coming from the series would make an excellent don

abstain.

I'd imagine it's likely that Light's from Death Note, which coming from the series would make an excellent don

That would be a pretty obvious choice as well. But I'm not going to say anything right now.

Abstain too, I guess. probably the best choice for now.

Also I'm from a video game made by either Blizzard or Nintendo.

I'm as confused as you. I do believe that I got redirected by someone, because I did not hit my intended target last night.

Also, I may as well say that I'm Homestuck as well. It's not like that's going to help narrow it down or anything. Also my role doesn't really make that much sense anyway.

I simply ~happen~ to know that you have a targetted role, and also that something targetted you, you know? that's a very usual thing to know. standard procedure, extensive stalking, when I want you to make a contract with me and become a magical girl, eh? not unusual, not unusual at all.

wait, you get told you didn't get your intended target?

... you realise, when a maf just died n0, that does not make you not suspicious. that might be a bit obvious? but. I'll hold off on accusing you just yet.

because really, what is wrong with you people >||| do you just abstain as soon as the bandwagon comes along >||| that is totally unproductive >||| "we're just going to stand around doing ~nothing at all~ unless we get solid information" is, like, the key to losing as town >||| >||| >|||

for that I'll nominate orngsumb for execution for starting the abstains for absence of reasons when not all the available information is out! for by now we should all know that abstain bandwagons are hard to stop once they get started, so by doing that you have p much doomed us to getting nothing accomplished even if crucial information does come out. which is ... unlikely, but abstaining in hour 4 of 48? entirely untimely, for shame.

(the chances of orngsumb being mafia? ... about one in five, I'd say, by the quarter-mafia rule of thumb which seems to generally hold around here. I don't doubt that it's townie thoroughly indoctrinated with the misguided principle of "abstain on day 1 because that's what we always do" without understanding the reasoning behind why we p much always abstain on day 1. that's not the point. the point is ~obstruction of justice~ and the fact that abstaining before, I don't doubt, about half of players have even read the thread, is a horrid idea.)

Well I do have fandoms other than Homestuck and AtLA

I just don't talk about them

Also, Homestucks, doesn't it seem unlikely Gamzee was /mafia/ mafia? I can't imagine him being in an organized one unless it's with Caliborn/Kurloz, and a pure HS mafia would be... yeah.

abstain.

mogu mogu?

also relevant to light, although I have to say, death note shenanigan things do sound like excellent don.

i'm not actually warriors, surprisingly! probs cause vehement doesn't know much bout that series?

will contribute more later, getting ready for uni. likely i'll abstain though, i just need moar time to think

would surprise if that were so?

For my safety I'll only say that one of you is right.

I don't understand >||| surely these things have enough characters that it would be difficult to determine what any given player even with the relevant known.

My role's TF2-related, actually.

And yeah, Abstain.

I'd roleclaim but I'm too suspicious given this is the first day.

first day makes you suspicious ?? ? what, what, do you have an aversion to roleclaiming on the first day or something?

Yeah I was getting at the fact they were a race. Didn't know you couldn't use sickles though, huh.

Anyway, I dunno, my fandom is probably really obvious, and it's not Homestuck.

Also agreeing on that Abstain. We're coming out ahead right now so no need to kill anyone willy-nilly.

uh adventure time ?? or mlp ... earthbound things? ... you do seem be going through such a phase, it does seem not unlikely, but, eh, cba to care, what fandom is really not an important thing because it doesn't ... provide any information about what you are.

Maybe, Windragon is an interesting first target though.

I know nothing at all about Homestuck though. Never even bothered to look at it, so I have no ideas there.

night 1 is information-free to the present, so given equal prior knowledge, the ideal (which is not necessarily the best in practice, but it's hard to say practically, too many other factors to deal with) thing mafia and doctors can do is pick random target (constraining the mafia to random non-mafia targets, I guess).

Karkat uses sickles, but he's not a villain at all! He doesn't seem very vig-like either.

I think it was an accidental death, like healer clash maybe?

still fails to explain why only one death? healer clash is super-unlikely in that light, so if someone actually did heal dragon, they ought to speak up, because otherwise we might have an active alien running around or something, and that would be very bad.

Since several people are into homestuck here, I did some research on it for this game, and that death sounded a lot like homestuck to me. Let's see... is there a villain in homestuck that uses a sickle?

hee, research, that's cute. ... I don't generally put much stock into fluff, but eh, fandom crossover, eh, I'll leave the fluff analysis to other people, eh ... several is perhaps understate, eh?

res, by sheer virtue of what you just typed, I'm now pretty sure you're not mafia. I'll also have you know that my role probably almost the same as yours, except that they have rather opposite effects.

And whether or not you'll believe me, I'm fairly sure I'm not mafia. In fact, my role is really more or less useless. It's pretty much a downgraded version of an inspector, except that I don't actually get told their alignment. Suffice to say, I really oughtn't to be a target for the mafia but if I am it gives all you people one more day. If I'm living, it probably won't harm anything on their side.

(let me put it this way: I have pretty much no way to find who the mafia is unless I outright uncover the don. And even then, there are a multitude of ways that can go wrong, too.)

for that I'll nominate orngsumb for execution for starting the abstains for absence of reasons when not all the available information is out! for by now we should all know that abstain bandwagons are hard to stop once they get started, so by doing that you have p much doomed us to getting nothing accomplished even if crucial information does come out. which is ... unlikely, but abstaining in hour 4 of 48? entirely untimely, for shame.

(the chances of orngsumb being mafia? ... about one in five, I'd say, by the quarter-mafia rule of thumb which seems to generally hold around here. I don't doubt that it's townie thoroughly indoctrinated with the misguided principle of "abstain on day 1 because that's what we always do" without understanding the reasoning behind why we p much always abstain on day 1. that's not the point. the point is ~obstruction of justice~ and the fact that abstaining before, I don't doubt, about half of players have even read the thread, is a horrid idea.)

Interesting point, and I'm inclined to agree - after all, on day 1, if we have even a sliver of information, we should follow it.

OrngSumb

mogu mogu?

That is the opposite of a fandom. A fandom involves something I like.

res, by sheer virtue of what you just typed, I'm now pretty sure you're not mafia. I'll also have you know that my role probably almost the same as yours, except that they have rather opposite effects.

And whether or not you'll believe me, I'm fairly sure I'm not mafia.

Fairly sure??? Just fairly.

(The rest of your post... er, okay, sure?)

Also I feel like I should fill out one of those surveys now, but eh, the point?

And whether or not you'll believe me, I'm fairly sure I'm not mafia. In fact, my role is really more or less useless. It's pretty much a downgraded version of an inspector, except that I don't actually get told their alignment. Suffice to say, I really oughtn't to be a target for the mafia but if I am it gives all you people one more day. If I'm living, it probably won't harm anything on their side.

(let me put it this way: I have pretty much no way to find who the mafia is unless I outright uncover the don. And even then, there are a multitude of ways that can go wrong, too.)

ah, what's it, tracker or watcher or whatever it's usually called? ... it doesn't matter what it's called.

I must regretfully inform that my role is not quite what one might expect. it doesn't, after all, inherently report what is acting on my target nor what my target is acting on. but we'll see.

fairly sure. only fairly, eh? maybe you're wrong, eh!

Perhaps. If I am mafia, of which there is admittedly a fair possibility, I haven't yet been informed.

Well yes, tracker, pretty much. Which I consider next-to-useless unless I get really really lucky. But I gave the best estimate, res, given the information you provided.

Back
Top Bottom