• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Great Pokemon Hunt

Wow, reading about all this Lapras pain makes me feel lucky, I got mine from Leafgreen :)

The most annoying Pokemon to find for me was Chansey in Gold. Oh god, I spent hours and hours looking for her, hoping the next wild Pokemon would be a Chansey...

Relicanth anyone...

Or how about trying to catch Dragonair in FR/LG safari zone, enh?

Munchlax, 12 hours?

My game likes giving me awesome luck, doesn't it?

Last night I was checking all of the honey trees for Pokémon. I decided it was going to be quicker to import a Snorlax and a Heracross from FireRed and Emerald, but I was checking the trees one last time to make sure none of them had a Heracross or a Munchlax...

... but I didn't expect to actually find both of them! This was my second day doing the slatherings like Butterfree's guide suggested (I never paid much attention to honey trees before then).

I started up Emerald to search for Feebas (no way in hell am I going to use the lake in Platinum) and on the... something like 120th tile I was searching in guess what I found!

Latias hates me. >_< It just won't come to me; if I could find it I might be able to catch it.

I had a dream team for Platinum with all the new Pokemon they added but half of them were either encountered too late or were nearly impossible to catch.

I'm looking at you Munchlax.

Relicanth anyone...

For some reason, I always found my Relicanth when I wasn't looking for it in particular. Once a couple of years ago in Emerald, and the second one just recently, when I was searching for a Modest, Quiet or Mild Chinchou.

I also once found a female Combee without really looking. But I can't seem to find Heracross. Of course, I could just migrate one...

I never had real pain catching anything- expect nincada. Tried feebas but gave up. Now I get all rare pokemon I don't wanna waste hours for in the GTin exchange for one of my billion starter breeds I dun need.

I never had real pain catching anything- expect nincada. Tried feebas but gave up. Now I get all rare pokemon I don't wanna waste hours for in the GTin exchange for one of my billion starter breeds I dun need.

List of pokemon I haven't been able to catch, despite my best efforts:
-Feebas
-Kangaskhan (I found one in a previous Fire Red game, foolishly deleted it. Ugghhh)
-Bagon (I can't find the place to catch it. ;_;)

Otherwise, all the pokemon have been easy to get.

Protip: Having trouble catching moltres? Out of Burn-heals? Try a Flash-fire ability ponyta, growlithe or vulpix! Moltres doesn't have any other attacks than Fire blast, so getting him caught is a piece of cake! (I've never taken so long to catch him that he'd have to use struggle. ;D)

I traded a feebas - currently in need of a raikou, though (it's the only thing not in my dex). will probably wait for heartgold and get it then

The raoming three birds in Platinum. Somewhat high leveled, always run unless you got the anti-run poke, seems to LOVE criticals at the most inappropriate moments and Dusk Balls just won't do it. :c Already spend several thousands on them just in balls for them, still don't have them. Oh and let's not start with -finding- them; one can only go up and down at the town's limit so many times and hear the beginning of the same song so often before spasming on the floor and growling madly.

Non-lengendary wise, I'd say female nidorans in platinum. Nidorina is easy to find but not the younger one (well, for me). :c Pokéradar seems to really hate me in general, actually.

Hey, everyonw woh wants roaming pokemon, here's my advice! Go to a city which is located near a routw with grass, like jubilife, and constantly switch between the city and the route till a pokemon apppears in the route.
(complicated to explain but easy! Met cressalia 10 times in 40 minutes)

Hey, everyonw woh wants roaming pokemon, here's my advice! Go to a city which is located near a routw with grass, like jubilife, and constantly switch between the city and the route till a pokemon apppears in the route.
(complicated to explain but easy! Met cressalia 10 times in 40 minutes)

Or you could do this:

I just stock up on Quick Balls, open the Marking Map, save, and fly to Hearthome and Veilstone repeatedly until a Legendary is on one of the adjacent routes. [Since if you go through a gate to a route, it doesn't change the Legendaries' locations.] If I run out of Quick Balls and don't catch anything, I turn off and do it again, to avoid wasting money.

Right now, I'm hunting for shiny Snorunt.

@_@

When I finally get to 40 in this chain, I hope my shiny is a female...

EDIT: Where I live, it's about 5:40. And my Snorunt chain just broke at 25. For no apparent reason.

*epic headdesk*

Only two and a half more hours...

Last edited:
Right now, I'm hunting for shiny Snorunt.

@_@

When I finally get to 40 in this chain, I hope my shiny is a female...

EDIT: Where I live, it's about 5:40. And my Snorunt chain just broke at 25. For no apparent reason.

I think shiny hunting with the pokéradar is among the most frustrating hunt to do. :I Way too often, chains do just break because they feel like it, no matter how hard you follow every rules stated in guides.

The Pokéradar hates us. A lot. Forever.

I think shiny hunting with the pokéradar is among the most frustrating hunt to do. :I Way too often, chains do just break because they feel like it, no matter how hard you follow every rules stated in guides.

The Pokéradar hates us. A lot. Forever.

Not quite, it just takes an insane amount of practice. I've gotten about 15 shinies with it, so...

Not quite, it just takes an insane amount of practice. I've gotten about 15 shinies with it, so...

..congrats? "Insane amount of practice" are the keywords here. Not everyone is gonna/be able to spend -that- much time to perfect chaining. Doesn't make it less hard for others if -you- can do it. :P

Still waiting for the Dunsparce swarm to show up. Dunsparce and Spiritomb are the only non-legendary Pokémon I need in Platinum before I have a Pokémon in every evolution line (well actually I also need the Johto starters but HG/SS take care of that). The completion log in my sig? It keeps going up as a result of me abusing the Experience Share and evolving all the base forms I have. I'm going in Pokédex order and I'm on Koffing.

Combee but at least i found one on THE TENTH TREE!!!

EDIT: Combee are common! EPIC FAIL

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom