• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The HeartGold/SoulSilver Status Thread

Hatched a Meowth and started training it next to New Bark Town and the first Pokémon I ran into was Entei, which I managed to catch. Not going to use it though, even though it's ten levels over my highest at the moment.

I also managed to beat Chuck with only a Murkrow that I barely trained after catching in the safari zone.

Ugh the pokemon in the Lake of Rage are so damn weak. My pokemon are Level 25-35 ish and I am about to take on Pryce, does anyone know a good training spot?

Ugh the pokemon in the Lake of Rage are so damn weak. My pokemon are Level 25-35 ish and I am about to take on Pryce, does anyone know a good training spot?
If you can get to the Johto Safari Zone yet, go to the little patch of grass just by its front gates. It's where I do most of my 20-30 training.

Wow, so, instead of editing my post, it just posted it twice. Cool. Anyway, yeah, blew through the Elite Four, probably because I think I was slightly overleveled. Only had to restart once cuz of Karen and her haxin Umbreon.

Caught me a Houndour! :3 I am happy. Named her Bad Romance. uh-hyuk

My team halfway through the Elite Four:

[Zuko] Lv. 36 Typhlosion - male, Adamant
- Cut
- Quick Attack
- Swift
- Lava Plume

[Tam Lin] Lv. 38 Quagsire - male, Gentle
- Slam
- Waterfall
- Blizzard
- Earthquake

[Adachi] Lv. 37 Crobat - male, Bold
- Bite
- Confuse Ray
- Roost
- Fly

[Wesley] Lv. 37 Scyther - male, Hardy
- Cut
- Pursuit
- Slash
- Wing Attack

[Kanji] Lv. 40 Ampharos - male, Relaxed
- Strength
- ThunderPunch
- Fire Punch
- Thunder Wave

CURRENTLY USING:

[Shih-na] Lv. 45 Lugia - Serious
Default moveset

Training up Winifred the Dratini, but she's so low-levelled right now that... yeah, not much use right now. Before I managed to get a Dratini I was using Illyria the Haunter... kind of ironic that Winifred took over from Illyria, if you know where their names came from. X3

So I said I'd have Gary beaten by yesterday, but he was causing me a bit of trouble so I think I'm gonna grind a bit more before I try him again.

[Jish] Gloom (M) Level 32
[Windmill] Electabuzz (M) Level 32
[Flamelo] Fearow (M) Level 32
[Gatorface] Feraligatr (M) Level 33
[Maya] Gengar (F) Level 33
[Firebolt] Growlithe (M) Level 33

FINALLY DONE evolving things so my caught count is 100. Now to fight Chuck! Boosting the count up to 120 should be significantly easier after that since I have pretty much the entire Safari Zone at my disposal (I didn't catch anything I didn't already have in the Zone, except for a Cubone I found when I was catching a Sandshrew for Baoba).

Not a whole lot to say, other than that I'm glad I'm FINALLY DONE EVOLVING. There were so many things I had to evolve. It was pretty annoying. x_X My time is actually 65:51 as I type this and that's kind of depressing for only four badges. Oh well.

I beat Murdertank on the second try, after a lot of grinding and such...now my team is:

Drowzee lvl 16
Pound, Hypnosis, Headbutt, Confusion

Nidorino lvl 19
Poison Sting, Peck, Focus Energy, Double Kick

Hoothoot lvl 18
Tackle, Peck, Roost, Hypnosis

Flaaffy lvl 18
Tackle, Growl, Thunder Shock, Thunder Wave

Geodude lvl 19
Tackle, Magnitude, Rock Throw, Rock Polish

Crocanaw (Todo) lvl 19
Scratch, Bite, Water Gun, Rage

Now I'm in the Pokeathlon, and I don't have my stylus whoo!

My team hasn't changed at all since my previous post, but now I'm catchin' stuffs in the Safari Zone. Just caught a Larvitar a few minutes ago, and since it was female (if it were male I would have named it Nick) I named it Huggable. I had to. D:

My team hasn't changed at all since my previous post, but now I'm catchin' stuffs in the Safari Zone. Just caught a Larvitar a few minutes ago, and since it was female (if it were male I would have named it Nick) I named it Huggable. I had to. D:

I called mine Stalin... Still, Huggable is a good name too x] I would try get a Tyranitar out of it, but that'll be impossible for the Elite 4, so I shan't bother. Plus a Tyranitar isn't very huggable.

Tyranitars are enormous monster sandstorm giant dinosaurs of death.... I can't imagine it being very cuddly :<

Got meself a Porygon since my last post, plus I have enough extra coins that I can get a Flamethrower/Thunderbolt/IceBeam TM if I wanted. Anyways, once I evolve Porygon to Porygon2, I'm kicking Kangaskhan out of my party. It was either her or Dodrio, and I need a speedy flying type. Plus Kangaskhan doesn't cover any types that Porygon Z can't. Unfortunately, I can't get a Dubious Disk until after I beat all 8 gyms. D:

If anyone wants to do a trade back and forth with me so that I can evolve my Porygon, that would be great.

Well I finally evolved my Dragonair after a insane amount of training last night and got a sense of satisfaction, but then I looked back at the rest of my team and saw how bad their levels are. I mean, i'm in BLACKTHORNE (Because the Ice Path was ridiculously easy this time around) and I have a level 26 Quilava.... -.- Anyway so i've replaced the weakling with a ENTEI called Papa :D Which is now level 52. I just need a good pokemon to replace this Quagsire, which has been my HM Slave. Of course I need something a little stronger for the E4. Any suggestions anyone? Preferably on route 45.

I have a electric, a fire, a dragon, a ice and a ghost type... help?

At the Pokémon league. I've been trying to beat the game without buying any revives or balls better than the Poké variety. (although ones found in caves or from Kurt are okay - so long as I don't use revives I find during a battle) Managed to beat the elite four but only had a Persian left for Lance and didn't get far into the battle before I died :(

Managed to catch Lugia in a fast ball too, so I'm doing pretty well. Ditched a couple of my Pokémon too, my team is now

Caradog/Persian lv.47
Branwen/Murkrow lv.41
Ty/Typhlosion lv.42
Ellen/Haunter lv.40
Ned/Arbok lv.40

EDIT: Apparently when the Dragon Master asks you what Pokémon are to you "Junior" means underling. I chose that one because it sounded more like it meant child. Goodbye extremespeed :(

Last edited:
Trying to find a Japanese Ditto on the GTS so I can do the Masuda method and get a shiny Skitty. But they all want Lv 100 legendaries, so no shiny Skitty in my future :(

I'd be willing to trade if any of you have one, though.

Elliekat, here's a tip. I did this to get a Japanese Ditto for Platinum. If you have Emerald, and can perform the cloning glitch, you clone legendaries and move them to a fourth gen game and put them on the GTS. It takes a few tries, but I got a Japanese Ditto on my second try. Anyway, I'm playing Soulsilver, currently SRing for a shiny Lugia.

[Maya] Gengar (F) Level 35
[Flamelo] Fearow (M) Level 37
[Firebolt] Growlithe (M) Level 36
[Gatorface] Feraligatr (M) Level 37
[Windmill] Electabuzz (M) Level 37
[Jish] Gloom (M) Level 37

Evolvin' crap again (which should take significantly longer than last time :<) before taking on Pryce. My Pokédex count is currently 133 - seven more to go.

(it would all be so much easier if I would just catch stuff I don't have, but I hate wasting Pokéballs on evolved forms when I could just as easily evolve them, so I end up evolving them instead... which takes FOREVER)

Ready to take on Victory Road, going to rush it then revisit later, since I hate the Victory Roads so much.

I finally caught Ho-oh as well, the thing was just plain evil really. I used Aqua Tail on it, which left it with about 2HP left. Gengar then put it to sleep, and then I wasted 15 Ultra Balls on the thing.

Been blowing through the Kanto leaders. Been pretty easy. Caught Snorlax and I had planned to use it, but I just wasn't feeling it when I did, so I'm still plugging along with Primeape and I think I will continue to use him. Finally got Houndoom caught up with every one else so as of right now my team is basically exactly how I wanted it. MIGHT train up a Dratini to replace Crobat, but I honestly cannot be assed leveling anything up just now. Not after my pre-E4 level-fest and after limping along to get my Houndoom up as well. One day, though. I do plan to have a Dragonite eventually. I'll probably breed my Totodile and put it up for a Dratini or something to try and get a traded one.

My Dudes:
BadRomance (Houndoom) level 50
Chet (Slowbro) level 50
Lurpak (Ampharos) level 51
Ysosrs (Crobat) level 51
Chuckles (Primeape) level 51
Hubert (Mamoswine) level 51

Just beat Misty, only have Blaine, Brock, and Blue left.

Managed to get through the entire Elite Four and Lance's first three Pokémon without any faintage at all, then got thwomped by his second Dragonite :(

Back
Top Bottom