• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The HeartGold/SoulSilver Status Thread

I beat Blue and am now training up more Pokemon before I go up against Red. I'm currently EV-training a Volbeat because I feel like it/ as a weird experiment of sorts. After that I'll train up my Magnemite because I desperately need an electric-type.

So I decided to jump back in time to see what I had posted as my planned team.

Feraligatr, Vaporeon, Red Gyarados, Furret, Ho-oh, and Togetic...probably. Why? This is what my team would look like 10 years ago when I didn't give a hoot about type coverage. But, knowing me, it'll end up being different to account for types anyways, so I'll make a more realistic team:

Feraligatr, Togetic/Gyarados, Ariados, Dragonite, Ho-oh, and Gligar. I'll also evolve the Gligar as soon as I can, have a few pokemon to swap out when a certain battle is coming out, and possibly a hm slave. I also want to get a Charizard when possible.

....Two out of 6 isn't bad, right? Well, I did use Togetic and Gyarados(and even Furret) up to a certain point, but they just didn't make the cut for my final team.

My final team consists of the following:

Feraligatr, Ho-oh, Magmar, Gengar, Steelix, Scizor, Snorlax, any of which may be swapped out at any given time depending on the circumstances.

I was feeling in a dumb mood and the second I got out of the (relatively easy) Victory Road I healed and then challenged the E4. Luckily, all 4 of them were powerless against my type advantages. Gengar dealt with the psychic trainer. Ho-oh dealt with the bug trainer. and Glaceon and Dragonite destroyed the other pokemon with sheer power. Lance was actually pathetic. Of course theres the second time round. Better get training.

Just got given an Event Arceus, and I'm now training my little ball of death Radamantos (Giratina). It looks so cute floating behind me~

I actually traded over a Hall of Origin Arceus from my Pearl that I got when I hacked in an Azure Flute. Hey, the Arceus itself is legit, I just used codes to make it appear.

I was torn between Giratina and Palkia, but at last I went with Giratina. The event itself is actually a bit disturbing for me. Sure, it's just a children's game, but seeing all of those pictures of buildings, cities, cells, stars and outer space, as well as hearing that epic Arceus theme playing...I dunno, it sorta makes you feel insignificant. :|

SO I FINALLY FIGURED OUT VOLTORB FLIP SO NOW I CAN GET A DRATINI.

EVEN THOUGH I WILL NEVER USE IT.

I actually traded over a Hall of Origin Arceus from my Pearl that I got when I hacked in an Azure Flute. Hey, the Arceus itself is legit, I just used codes to make it appear.

I was torn between Giratina and Palkia, but at last I went with Giratina. The event itself is actually a bit disturbing for me. Sure, it's just a children's game, but seeing all of those pictures of buildings, cities, cells, stars and outer space, as well as hearing that epic Arceus theme playing...I dunno, it sorta makes you feel insignificant. :|
You can do it twice but with different Arcei; the Hall of Origin one and the Event one.

Well I started another save file. Goodbye my 10 badges and my level 69 dragonite :<

Now i'm training nothing but a Pidgeotto and I have Falkner beat. I hope to add a Squirtle :]

I beat the game about a week ago but the Elite 4 were freakin' hard. Well, maybe it's because I chose Meganium as my starter (that Onix that Bruno had was really easy!) and used three other Pokemon, all at around Lv 45. Also, my psychic type didn't actually have any Psychic type attacks and I didn't want to use Ho-oh. Considering I didn't have any Ice type attacks either (I was standing in front of Lance when I found out that Quagsire can't learn Avalanche), I'm surprised that I actually managed to beat Lance. Well, now I'm trying to catch all the legendaries (Entei, Raikou, Kyogre and Lugia to go!) before I restart and use a team consisting of Megahorn users (there happen to be 6 in the Johto dex).

You can do it twice but with different Arcei; the Hall of Origin one and the Event one.

I know that. I just don't have an Event Arceus yet.

And I believe the plural for Arceus is Arceus. The Japanese don't really specify between plural words, so why should that change when the games are being translated?

I think the Pal Pad is in the basement of the Poke Center.

[Firebolt] Growlithe (M) Level 41
[Windmill] Electabuzz (M) Level 40
[Maya] Gengar (F) Level 40
[Flamelo] Fearow (M) Level 40
[Gatorface] Feraligatr (M) Level 40
[Jish] Bellossom (M) Level 41

Yes, you heard me, I evolved the male Gloom into a Bellossom. :P This was intentional and the reasoning behind this is tied with the reason I named it Jish.

Anyway! Currently smashing rocks in Cianwood in the hopes I'll find a Heart Scale or two to teach Jish Leaf Blade. :P After that, though, it's back to the Goldenrod Underground to kick some Rocket ass.

Trying to get enough levels to take down Chuck....Stupid pokemon

Magmar lvl 24
Smog, Faint Attack, Ember, Fire Spin

Geodude lvl 24
Tackle, Magnitude, Rock Throw, Rollout

Nidorino lvl 24
Poison Sting, Peck, Horn Attack, Double Kick

Flaaffy lvl 24
Tackle, Growl, Thunder Shock, Thunder Wave

Noctowl lvl 25
Confusion, Peck, Roost, Hypnosis

Todo (Croconaw) Lvl 25
Scratch, Bite, Surf, Ice Fang

I got a Japanese event Arceus from an awesome person on LJ, but I haven't tried triggering the SS event yet.

Took a break from training Pokemon up and played around in the Safari Zone. I caught a bunch of Abra in hopes of starting a box of different-natured ones with Synchronize, but all of them were neutral-natured except for one that was a nature I already had. >:|

Training my Absol in the grass outside Silver Cave. This is rather a fun training spot and Absol is a pleasure to train.

Also, I beat Dahlia for her Silver Print yesterday. Switched straight to my Ampharos and she managed to beat all of Dahlia's Pokémon. We did have the advantage that all of Dahlia's Pokémon were burned, but hey. I was very pleased.

Holy shit, why the hell is Blue such an asshole.

It took me SO LONG to defeat him. That damn Machamp with his damn Thunder punch and my damn team only having a damn Psychic type that's also damn Water. :|

But when I did beat him it was pretty epic. I spent quite a while figuring out the Ruins of Alph to get the charcoal there so my Houndoom would be able to one shot Exeggutor and it wouldn't use freaking Trick Room. Then his Arcanine did a wonderful job of getting my Slowbro down to orange health. Machamp fainted my Slowbro with Thunder Punch (:<) so I sent out Crobat just to have someone for Machamp to beat on while I used a Max Revive on Slowbro. Crobat wasn't, surprisingly, one shot, so I Confuse Ray'd him for giggles. The thing started hurting itself left and right and I was able to take it out with a single Fly. :D My Crobat, thanks to INCREDIBLE luck with Confuse Ray took down both Machamp and Gyrados with 12 health.

I wuz happy.

Hey Mango, didn't you get the charcoal from the Charcoal Kiln(or whatever it was) after catching the Farfetch'd? The guy that lost them gives you one as thanks(I believe, anyways). I'm pretty sure that is how I got my Charcoal...

So I ran across Raikou earlier today, threw a Fast Ball at it and failed to catch it. But then I thought "Hey, my Gengar knows Mean Look and is level 43; perhaps it's fast enough to trap this thing?"

So I chased down Raikou and used Mean Look, and proceeded to use Strength (yes my Gengar knows Strength, it's for the lulz factor) until it was in the red, then threw a Fast Ball, which caught it.

I found this so completely awesome that I spent a good few hours trying to catch Entei, which I did a few minutes ago. :D Yay for legends!

(I would totally use them on my team if I didn't want to keep the Pokémon I already have. ;~;)

Anyway... gotta get 6 more Pokémon in the 'dex, then onto Clair.

[Jish] Bellossom (M) Level 42
[Firebolt] Arcanine (M) Level 42
[Maya] Gengar (F) Level 43
[Gatorface] Feraligatr (M) Level 43
[Flamelo] Fearow (M) Level 43
[Windmill] Electabuzz (M) Level 43

... Oh, right, and somehow Jish managed to outspeed Entei and get in Sleep Powder. Despite the fact that he has only 65 speed. I would think Entei would be faster, especially considering Bellossom's base Speed is half of Entei's.

EDIT: ... yeah, Entei's speed is over thirty points higher than Jish's. o.O Explanation plzthx.

Typloshion[Baku] Lvl 36
Swift
Defense Curl
Flamethrower
Lava PLume

Haunter Lvl 31
Hypnosis
Dark Pulse
Shadow ball
Confuse ray

Bellossom Lvl 30
Energy Ball
Solarbeam
Acid
Cut

Poliwhirl[Poli] Lvl 30
Surf
Body Slam
Hypnosis
Rain Dance

Scizor Lvl36
Slash
Metal Claw
Toxic
Agility

Gyarados Lvl 31
Surf [Im going to delete that move once i get to blackthorn coty]
Bite
Tackle [Yeah, he still has thaat cuz i evolved him rather then caught]
Bite

Yeah so thats it. Righ now im hoping to evolve my Haunter, and my poliwhirl.

Someone post whether i should Evolve him into a Politoed or a Poliwrath.

@Leafpool: Does your Bellossom have chlroyphyll? Mine does, so thats probably why.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom