• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Math Contest

oh dammit okay I'm a one show pony I can't think of anything else.

Though I have to review math for my exam once the weekend is over so could I get an extension as well..?

Doppler Effect: f=f0*(c+v1)/(c+v2) where
  • f is the observed frequency
  • f0 is the emitted frequency
  • v1 is the velocity of the receiver relative to the medium; positive if the receiver is moving towards the source
  • v2 is the velocity of the source relative to the medium; positive if the source is moving away from the receiver
  • c is the velocity of waves in the medium

For this, I'll be using Sheldon Cooper (points if you get the joke). Okay Sheldon, start off by using Bug Buzz, and I want you to keep it up while you gradually build up an Agility towards the audience, and when you've got to full speed, use a U-Turn to get back to your original position. (Try and fit a backflip in if you can).

Bug Buzz ~ Agility ~ U-Turn

Alright. For the contest I’ll be using my Kirlia, The Hero in Green, to prove a basic law of chemistry, the Law of Conservation of Mass. Basically, the law states that the Massreactants = Massproducts. To prove this, I’ll need to utilize a large electric balance. It’ll be well hidden by the snow so that only a large digital readout displaying the mass in grams is readable and properly zeroed out in its current position.

To start off, Hero, You’ll need to make a substitute out of nearby rocks. Make sure it’s fairly weak, 5% if possible, so you can destroy it easily. At that point, I will ask the judges to take note of the number on the digital display. Then, destroy it with an Ice Punch. This will be our simulated chemical reaction (though it’s not actually one.) Make sure that you destroy it with a flourish and as spectacularly as possible, with as much grace and style as you can muster. This is a contest, after all. Try and make use of that automail arm, maybe. Finally, we’ll finish off with proving the law- Use Psychic to lift up the remnants of the substitute and place them on the scale. While you use Psychic, also be sure to create some visual effects with the rocks you’re moving. When they’re placed on the scale, the digital readout should read the exact same number as the fully constructed substitute, proving that the mass stayed the same throughout the change, and thereby the law itself. (More or less.)

Finally, take a bow, and hope to Arceus we make it through.

Substitute(5%)~Ice Punch~Psychic

(sorry this is late, bulbasaur. D:)

Last edited:
Signature things aren't accounted for in contests, so Green's metal arm will just be a regular arm.

(I'll get the appeal up soon, sorry!)

The diameter of a circle is the same no matter which point it is drawn from.
So, Tagg! You'll be starting off in the middle of that flat area with a decent amount of packed snow under your feet. Start by spraying a Scald up into the air so it falls around yourself like pretty, boiling hot rain. Maybe throw a spotlight in there somewhere so the light catches the drops of water and makes them sparkle lightly? The goal is to melt a large-ish circle in the snow around you.

Next, Double Team for five clones, so there are six Buizels. If you can't make five clones, make three instead so there are an even number of Buizels. You should have no problem, though..? Move with your clones so you're all standing on the edge of the melted snow-circle an equal distance away from each other and across from another Buizel, be it a clone or yourself.

Finally, aim an Ice Beam at the center of the circle. If each of your clones does so at the same time, it should look like there are three Ice Beams cutting the circle in half, representing the diameter. Try to walk along the edge of the circle while still firing off that Ice Beam so the audience can see that the length of the diameter is the same no matter where it starts from. Use a weaker Ice Beam if it helps you hold it for longer, etc etc etc damage isn't really a thing. If you don't think you can hold an Ice Beam for that long, use Water Gun instead though Ice Beam would be cooler (hahaha). Totally get that spotlight reflecting off your Ice Beams if that's how Ice Beam works.

And then get all your clones to bow and such! Make sure to smile etc etc etc.

Scald~Double Team (5 clones/3 clones)~Ice Beam/Water Gun

but then how is there snow

Okay! I'll be demonstrating Charles's Law, which states that if pressure on a gas is kept constant, then as the gas's temperature increases, then its volume will also increase (V1/T1=V2/T2), with Shellcrown, my Slowpoke. I'll need a fairly thin, fire resistant balloon about 2 feet (.66 meters) in diameter, quarter filled with water and the rest with air (or just air, if that's not allowed).

Shellcrown, Telekinesis that balloon into the air, then Flamethrower or Fire Blast it, whichever you think is better for this. Hopefully, this will cause the balloon to expand and not just explode. Next, if the balloon expands, then explodes, Blizzard! If the balloon has expanded visibly but is intact, Ice Beam it to make it shrink. If the balloon hasn't expanded very much, keep on using Flamethrower.

Telekinesis ~ Flamethrower/Fire Blast ~ Blizzard/Ice Beam/Flamethrower

This demonstrates Charles's Law because it shows the effect of heating and/or cooling on the balloon's size.

Okay. I think this is another thing where it only sort of makes sense when you twist it around. And it's not as flashy as I'd hoped. All in all just ugh maybe it will turn out better officially. :/

Viserys! You'll be up and brutally mutilating this.

But before we begin, the exposition! I'd like our performance to occur at the hottest time of day possible. Sunny day will be in action, which is good? I asked for it, so it might as well be exploited. (Although I'm certain there would have been another, better way to go about this.)

Unfortunately for me, I'll be the main target in our appeal. Start out by spraying leech seeds (to target energy) everywhere; make it flashy but you'll have to hit me in the process.

Once they're all ingrained, I want you to try a combo! Growth + giga drain (targeting energy) should work out; I want you to grow and gain mass as you gain energy from sucking it away from me. That should showcase our formula.

While I'm being targeted, I'll appear to shrink; mostling by hunching over and looking that way, but I'll be wearing retractable heels so maybe that will work to fool the audience.

This took way too long.

Leech seed~ Growth + Giga drain (energy)

Back
Top Bottom