• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The MIRRORMEN VS THE UNDEAD: CULT WARS [EVERYONE LOST]

Teh Ebil Snorlax

izombie, uzombie, weallzombie
The city of Skhan was silent.

There was a thick mist settling in the streets, though whether it was natural or not was questionable.

Moving through the streets were many people and non-people with agendas good, evil and beyond the comprehension of mere mortals.

One of the many shadows darting through the night was a stranger to the city but he had a face that would fit in almost anywhere and the next day, none of the citizens would notice that he hadn't been living there his entire life.

He made his way to the town centre, as his predecessor had three hundred years ago in a nearby town, and placed a set of scales in the hand of a statue that was erected there. Satisfied, he disappeared into the night to do his holy work.

The hunt has begun. You have 48 hours for night actions, or until all actions are received.

Last edited:
Re: The MIRRORMEN VS THE UNDEAD: CULT WARS

As dawn breaks, a lone citizen strolls into the city centre and sees the holy scales of the Mysterious Stranger. He runs to the town crier, who quickly announces the scales' arrival.

The citizens gather in around the statue that holds the key to their success in the coming storm. The balance is tipped in the town's favour.

Slightly.

6 people have been assimilated. ole_schooler is immune to lynching. You have 72 hours for day actions.

Last edited:

Uh...crap. Assuming that each faction starts with two or three minions, that's two to four people in one night, since the leaders don't count as being assimilated. Two is reasonable, but three or four kind of scares me. I wasn't in the original, so correct me if I'm wrong, but the only way to be assimilated is to be targeted by the Necromancer or Mirror Master, or Alchemist clash, right?

If the Assimilators are counted, then probably each side started with two minions and assimilated a third last night.

Yep. Thank goodness; eight would have meant 10 people anti-town and the town would already be mostly outnumbered. We have a slightly better chance now.

Soooo...what will be our course of action? Abstaining probably won't be wise, and as it is we have an 8/19 chance which is pretty decent. That's a little over a 2/5 chance.

There have definitely been worse odds. Now, I'm new to this whole affair, so...Who do we lynch?

I tell you who we lynch: Not me! (A random thank you to whoever the mayor is; don't know why you picked me, but I appreciate it.)

As a player in the last game, the only way to be mirrored/necrotized on the first night is by being targeted by said head of group. Alchemist clashes kill (or at least, they did). After some time, there may be other roles that can cause said changes of alignment, but for now, there are only two ways, meaning either there were two minions of each to start with (or one minion, one leader, which may be more likely), and each leader hit their target, or three minions (or two minions one leader) and no one got hit, which seems a bit less likely, unless we have very lucky healers.

I really have nothing more to say, although I'm in tentative support of a lynch. (I qualify it because, since I can't be lynched today, I have little to lose by supporting it.) I have no idea on who.

Alchemists clashes turn you into a Necromancer's minion in this game, I think.

^yes they do. I still say we lynch. But how to choose?

Should we just lynch someone who's viewed but hasn't posted?

I say lynch someone. The odds are fairly good...

~nothing else to contribute D:~

Just posting to say that we really need to lynch today.

[I've got nothing else to contribute. I wish I could, though.]

I'm okay with Blastoise, but shouldn't we pick someone, you know, less experienced? So that if they weren't part of a group, but we lynched them anyways, it wouldn't be as much of a loss? *only posting to "be active"*

^I agree. Blastoise just doesn't seem like the right guy to me for some reason. Uh, Blastoise! Come here and tell us why we shouldn't lynch you this instant!

...Personally, I'm leaning more toward [O], but...

Okay, the people who haven't posted are Flora, St. Christopher, Blastoise, sreservoir, dragonair, [O], FallOut_Blade, zeKieranator, Kammington, Hidan, demonickittens and Patar.

Out of those, sreservoir, [O] and FallOut_Blade haven't even viewed the thread.

Just putting all the information in one place. I hope I haven't missed anybody...

Merp de Derp. Sorry. I'm at a party so I can't post. D: And why [O] instead of FallOut_Blade?

Lynching inactive and inexperienced people would probably be best, since at worst we lose a townie who wouldn't be very helpful (though they might have a handy role) and at best we get rid of a member of one of the factions. In addition, if they haven't even viewed the thread then they might not even realize that the game is happening and not be sending in night actions and stuff. So at least we'll be getting rid of dead weight.

By that logic, [O] and FallOut_Blade do seem like the prime targets, since sreservoir is a more experienced player and if at any point those three view the thread then res will probably be the most valuable.

Uh, Blastoise! Come here and tell us why we shouldn't lynch you this instant!

Because I'm not Mafia..?!?

Not that that means much, since I was a dirty trickster-liar to you all last time. Lynch me if you don't feel like picking someone else, I suppose, but you shouldn't.

fuckfuckfuck

I got a name change I'm Brock don't kill me.

Uh. A question to god, can the Mayor make themselves immune to lynching? If so we might know ole_schooler isn't mafia.

Back
Top Bottom