• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The NFE Project

Are you interested in participating in The NFE Project

• Yes

Votes: 14 87.5%
  • No

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
So once a few of us have our teams made, how do we go about finding eachother? Should we arrange a particular time to be on, maybe? If we're looking to get people outside the forums to get in on this, we'd attract more attention if more of us were on at the same time.

And I'd post some of my team members but I don't really feel like I've done much creative... Nothing that jumps out as vaguely interesting without the rest of the team for context. Which I suppose I could do if anyone's interested...

Hm... Sounds like an interesting way for me to get back into competitive.

Alright, count me in. Although I haven't used Pokémon Online before so I might not know stuff.

And I'd post some of my team members but I don't really feel like I've done much creative... Nothing that jumps out as vaguely interesting without the rest of the team for context. Which I suppose I could do if anyone's interested...

Hm. Should I post another thread for sets? I'm not sure I want to get all over the place with that, since we're not much players in the first place. Anyways, try to advertise on other forums (and on this one too, nobody visits the Competitive sub-forums) to get other people to try it!

Hm. Should I post another thread for sets? I'm not sure I want to get all over the place with that, since we're not much players in the first place. Anyways, try to advertise on other forums (and on this one too, nobody visits the Competitive sub-forums) to get other people to try it!

I'd be willing to help copy/paste/link to sets posted in this thread into a designated set post also within this thread, so we can keep it all self-contained and stuff. At this point it won't be on the first page, though, unless you edit it into the OP or something, but that might run out of space eventually...

Also, I think I'll make a banner people could put in their signatures or something. Later today though, since I've got to be awake in five hours or so.

Got me a new pokemon

Magneton
Bold
Sturdy
252 def, 252 Spa
Life Orb
Moves: Gravity, Thunder, Thunder Wave, Hidden Power Fire
Strategy: Sweeper. Thunder never misses when Gravity's in play. Thunder Wave is a good move, and HP Fire is to counter other Steel types.

5f3d06.jpg

:D?
edit: you guys can use this like totally

Last edited:
Definitely in. Pretty excited to use things that would be laughed at in my old OU roots. Also I need to get back into competitive battling because I don't have enough things to waste my time doing

EDIT: Aaaaaaand the download isn't working. Something about Access Denied. Well it looks like I'll have to sit this one out.

Last edited:
I will build a team on there and check this periodically to see if I should expect anyone.

EDIT: Maybe I'm at the wrong place, but if this is a ROM it's a no-go for me. My computer makes them really weird sometimes.

Pokemon Showdown? This thing? Looks neat! I'm hoping the funny looking pixels in the Nidoqueen sprite there means it's animated. Looks like you can import Pokemon Online teams, too. That's convenient.

hahaha that kid's name is pwnemon alright I'm sorry

Last edited:
Precisely, and yep, the sprites are moving. SO PEOPLE, WE SHALL MOVE TO POKÉMON SHOWDOWN.

EDIT: Yep, the same Pwnemon that got himself banned from here a while ago. He got banned from Smogon too, I think.

Alright, new pokemon!

Metang
Adamant
Light Clay
252 Atk, 252 Def
Moves: Earthquake, Meteor Mash, Light Screen, Reflect
Strategy: Just a typical screener. Meteor Mash is for STAB and it never misses with Gravity.

Well shit that was easy. I'm here, any particular place I should go to find this particular project after I build my team?

EDIT: I swept a "troll normal" team of Exploud, Sawsbuck, Vigoroth, Blissey, Staraptor and Castform with my NFE team, twice. I have to say I really like it. Combusken is a damn good special sweeperm if you give it Wide Lens you can run Focus Blast and Fire Blast and you won't miss too often. HP Ice is also pretty useful.

I'm running a Mienfoo and Ferroseed, as well as Vigoroth, all things not mentioned on the first page. I'm also using Kadabra but it hasn't sen too much action yet, Mienfoo and Combusken have been taking out the majority of things.

Ferroseed is great if you run it with Spikes, Leech Seed, and Gyro Ball, I haven't had to use Seed Bomb yet but that's my fourth slot. Iron Barbs and a Rocky Helmet make it awesome.

Last edited:
Why is Drought banned, but not Sand Stream? As far as I'm concerned, sand has overcentralised the metagame far more than the other weathers have -- and it's gotten progressively worse since ADV.

I'm running a Mienfoo and Ferroseed, as well as Vigoroth, all things not mentioned on the first page. I'm also using Kadabra but it hasn't sen too much action yet, Mienfoo and Combusken have been taking out the majority of things.
You're running a Vigoroth? Baw, I thought I might have had some element of surprise with mine.

Seems interesting...
I've been meaning to get into Competitive Battling, so this seems like a good place to start if none of you mind.
Just a quick question though; No unreleased Dream-world abilities right?

Also in case anyone wanted it there's a list including all eligible pokemon (still has banned ones though :/) here

Last edited:
Why is Drought banned, but not Sand Stream? As far as I'm concerned, sand has overcentralised the metagame far more than the other weathers have -- and it's gotten progressively worse since ADV.

Because Drought in NFE is just batshit crazy, as multiple tests proved it. Sand in NFE is far from as centralizing as it is in OU, but if it really seems to become a problem, a ban is not out of the question.

Back
Top Bottom