• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Platinum Status Thread

5 Badges still... I have my 6th team member! I'm training her up now.

team (With movesets!):

[Sona] Yanmega (F) Lv35 @ Nothing
Modest - Tinted Lens
-Silver Wind
-Pursuit
-AncientPower
-Double Team

[Gaia] Torterra (F) Lv40 @ Quick Claw
Modest - Overgrow
-Earthquake
-Mega Drain
-Bite
-Synthesis

[Elysia] Houndoom (F) Lv40 @ Soothe Bell
Modest - Flash Fire
-Flamethrower
-Bite
-Thunder Fang
-Faint Attack

[Flick] Staraptor (F) Lv40 @ Shell Bell
Quiet - Intimidate
-Return
-Aerial Ace
-Close Combat
-Fly

[Blaulich] Rotom (X) Lv40 @ Nothing
Docile - Levitate
-Shock Wave
-Shadow Ball
-Confuse Ray
-Substitute

[Baby] Vaporeon (F) Lv39 @ Nothing
Lax - Water Absorb
-Surf
-Aurora Beam
-Bite
-Sand-Attack

Training to level 40 before challenging the Gym. C:

I finally beaten the Elite Four and finished the Shinoh Pokedex. ^^;

Time: 17:07 hours

Since I'm currently in Pastoria and trying to challenge Wake, what level are his Pokemon?

I just defeated Maylene yesterday.

Team:

Name-- Pokemon-- Gender-- Ability-- Item
Prince -- Prinplup -- Male -- Torrent
Vathra -- Crobat -- Male -- Inner Focus
Sai -- Alakazam -- Male -- Synchronize
Swift -- Buneary -- Female -- Run Away -- Soothe Bell
Cicada -- Scyther -- Female -- Swarm
Blackspite -- Croagunk -- Female -- Dry Skin -- Black Sludge
Ummm. His Pokemon is like around level 33-37.

Not only that, but just yesterday, when I started up the game, I realized I got the time waaay wrong. It was 10 hours. So I guess I made an even bigger fool of myself. I didn't mean to sound that whiny, but then again, I always do.

No, I don't have anything else to post. 'Cept for the fact that I'll be trying to evolve my Budew this morning, since it'll be the first morning I can play. I really do hate time-based evolutions.

I finally beaten the Elite Four and finished the Shinoh Pokedex. ^^;

Time: 17:07 hours

Ummm. His Pokemon is like around level 33-37.

I know that now ^^ His Floatzel was acting funny and kept using Brine on Croagunk, while I all the while used Mud Bomb to lower its accuracy... and then finished it off with Revenge. I'm hoping Swift will evolve now...

I surprise myself. I got the game the day it came out, and in that time I put in about 38.5 hours, and I already beat the pokemon league (with no assistance from the other games) got the national dex, and got 4 silver prints. right now as I'm posting I am polishing off the last silver print. I am obviously completely addicted.

In Floaroma with my newly-evolved Luxio!!!

On an unrelated note, has anyone seen the "Pokemon Variety Hour?" It scares me. very much.

Just got to Jubilife City. I know, I'm slow.
[Demeter] Turtwig Lv. 9
[Tonnerre] Shinx Lv. 3

Need to level Shinx a bit. It'll be replaced, though. :/

Planned team for bad memory's sake:
-Torterra (caught, named Demeter)
-Gardevoir (name likely to be Aphrodite)
-Houndoom (name likely to be Cerebus)
-Vaporeon / Glaceon (name likely to be Poseidon or Anemoi, respectively)
-Dusknoir (name likely to be Nyx)
-Electabuzz / Electrivire (name likely to be Zeus)

If you haven't noticed, my pokémon's names are based on Greek mythology (at least the ones in my party will be).

Caught a Shinx and named her E'clair (yeah I know that French for lightning is really éclair, but I couldn't find é.
Haha I would have named my Shinx that but was sad because I couldn't type accent marks, so I named my Shinx tonnerre (French for thunder) instead.
And you'd think they would at least have é of all the accented letters because it's actually in Pokémon.

That seriously irked me.

Anyway, Mr.Wiggles is now a Grotle, E'clair is now a Luxio, and I cannot beat Gardenia, plus Misdreavus isn't in Platinum. Darnit.

In Mt. Coronet now....and have failed to level up my monsters. Didn't need too before fighting Candice, but I'm worried now that I'll lose to Cyrus/Giratina.

Piloswine lv37
Crobat lv37
Togekiss lv42
Staraptor lv35
Pepper lv43
Bibarel lv37

Yeah, failteam, I know. But I stocked up on healing items, so I should be okay. Should be.

I beat Wake, headed to Celestic and beat Cyrus, then went to Canalave and Iron Island and cleared out Iron Island's trainers. Now I'm training in the Gym for what's-his-name-Byron.

Current team:

[Minuit] Noctowl (F) level 37
[April] Houndoom (F) level 37
[Lightning] Pikachu (F) level 38 (SHE HAD A LIGHT BALL WHEN I CAUGHT HER TOO <3333)
[Leafpool] Leafeon (F) level 38
[Icewater] Empoleon (M) level 38
[Stormblade] Scyther (M) level 38

Oh and last night I ran into a shiny Geodude.

<3

<3

<3

<- hey... wait what are you doing no don't -

"The wild Geodude used Selfdestruct!"

... </3

Last edited:
"The wild Geodude used Selfdestruct!"

... </3
Aww, that sucks. I ran into a shiny Geodude on my Pearl but I threw Ultra Balls like crazy and it never committed suicide so.

I'm leveling [Tonnerre] Shinx now, so I can /actually do something/. I mean, most of my team doesn't even appear until late game.

I just got to the resort area and someone there was talking about a "Hidden Ruler" and I have no idea what he means. This is what he says.

Nobody believes me, but something lurks in the Resort Area. It's the hidden ruler of the area! You have to believe me! If you believe me, whip out your Super Rod and go fishing. Who knows, you may just catch the mind-blowing ruler!

I've been fishing for about a half an hour and the best thing I found was a level 62 Magikarp. I really hope that's not what he's talking about. I'm fairly sue none of you made it this far yet, but if you happen to know, could you please tell me what he means. I was trying to look it up, but I couldn't find anything that says anything about that.

i'm in the route south of veilstone training up to fight maylene
my team:
monferno (m) lv35
luxray (m) lv34
togetic (m) lv34
leafeon (m) lv34
idk what water type to get

I like tried the Battle Hall at the Battle Frontier and I managed a 49 winning streak with Milotic until the Frontier Brain OHKO with Electivire (meanie!). I also tried it with Lucario, but it didn't wake up in time and I got beaten by Jynx using Dream Eater. =/

Last edited:
I just got to the resort area and someone there was talking about a "Hidden Ruler" and I have no idea what he means. This is what he says.

I've been fishing for about a half an hour and the best thing I found was a level 62 Magikarp. I really hope that's not what he's talking about. I'm fairly sue none of you made it this far yet, but if you happen to know, could you please tell me what he means. I was trying to look it up, but I couldn't find anything that says anything about that.

I'm fairly sure that is the lv. 100 Magikarp that can be fished up in the Resort Area. After all, that would be a great catch, not to mention a rare find.

Just got to Hearthome after defeating the first two gyms. I caught a Ralts and Starly (which will be replaced later). The Togepi egg has hatched but I'm not including em in my party.

Current Party:
[Demeter] Grotle Lv. 25 *
[Psyche] Ralts Lv. 17 *
[Boreas] Eevee Lv. 20 *
[Tonnerre] Luxio Lv. 23
[Staravia] Staravia Lv. 22
[HM Slave] Bibarel Lv. 18

Yay, so I've caught three of the six needed pokémon (marked with asterisks) for my planned team. I won't be able to catch Electabuzz until route 222 (the one right before Sunyshore), so I'll be keeping Tonnerre for a while. Houndour won't come until route 214 / Valor lakefront, so I can get em after Pastoria. I can get Duskull when I reach Solaceon, so that will be cool. I won't get to evolve my Eevee into Glaceon until just before Snowpoint, so that and Electabuzz are the only troublemakers I might have.

Current Team:

Joybird/Togetic (M) Lv. 33
Corolla/Roselia (F) Lv. 34
Kamikaze/Infernape (M) Lv. 36
Seabiscuit/Vaporeon (M) Lv. 33
Trimmer/Scyther (M) Lv. 33

I have a feeling I'll be carrying around only 5 Pokemon for some time since I can't figure out who I want to occupy the sixth slot, though I think I've decided on Sneasel. Anyways, I'm about to challenge Canalave Gym, so I figured now would be a good time to show my team. Of course, I'll be leaving most of the work to Infernape.

Training my Pokemon to level 42 for Giratina battle. Prince keeps fainting D:

(Prince) Empoleon [M]
(Blackspite) Toxicroak [F]
(Sai) Alakazam [M]
(Swift) Lopunny [F]
(Vathra) Crobat [M]
(Cicada) Scizor [F]

Oddly, the genders seem to alternate: Male, female, male, female, male, female o_O I never noticed that.

They're all level 41 right now.

Back
Top Bottom