• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Shiny Pokemon Club

Anakin Altomares Guardian

Hanging out with Luke and Leia
Welcome to The Shiny Pokemon Club

This club is for discussing different things about shiny Pokémon in the Pokémon anime, shiny Pokémon you've captured on your games, or shinys that you may be soft resting for, looking for, breeding for ect. Just discuss things about shiny pokemon here.

Members List

1. Anakin Altomares Guardian

2. Dinru

3. Dark Marowak

4. Melodic Harmony

5. Flora

6. Full Metal Cookies

7. Minkow

8. EeveeSkitty

9. Cryptica

10. Darksong

Last edited:
I'll join~ I once saw two shinys in a row :D I didn't catch either of them, though... stupid Gameboy batteries ><; The only other legal shiny I've ever had was a Quilava on an old Crystal file. I have a few illegal ones on my Crystal ROM, but I don't remember what they were ><;

I think Winona had a shiny Swellow in the anime....
In my old Ruby I had a shiny Altaria and in my Diamond I have shiny Crobat. (Both are legal.)

You’re in Dinru and Dark Marowak.

Dinru sorry to hear that you lost those to shinys I hope you are able to find and catch more in the future.

Last edited:
I've caught a shiny Trapinch in Sapphire quite a while back. I've kept her at level 50 in Diamond as my prized Flygon because I'm too lazy to train her to level 100. And her 5 teammates are all around level 50, so I'd have to train them too...

I also have a shiny Tangela in Crystal. I was mad. Why not in Diamond?! I could have had a shiny Tangrowth! D=

Also, in an old Gold file (that died by now D=), I was training the Ivysaur that I got from Yellow in some cave...I believe it was the one that linked Ecruteak and Mahogany, though I forgot what it was called. Then I came across a red Golbat. Yes, a Red Golbat. Not shiny. Red! At the time, I didn't know the value of such a...glitch, I suppose? I figured, "Hey, there's a red version of every Pokémon! And I saved right before this, too! So If anything, I can restart!"
So I figured, it's at a decent level - stronger than my Ivysaur. Razor Leaf definitely won't kill it. And guess what happened?
I was wrong
Yes, my dumb Ivysaur got a critical hit and somehow managed to beat the Golbat in one hit. I know it seems impossible, but I know it happened. I stared at the Gameboy for a while and I'm all, "Hah! I can just restart and it'll appear again!" So I did, and it obviously never reappeared.
;~;

I have a shiny Rapidash in my Gold version (though I wouldn't be surprised if it were dead by now), but never found another. D:

Nyah, I'll join. C: I'm lucky enough to have a shiny of my fave Pokemon ever, Persian~

Also I have a Legit Shiny Cresselia and a legit (I think) shiny Lugia, as well as an Abra, Pupitar, Roserade, Crobat, and a few Eevee (I have more but I'm to lazy to list them :D)

Ok Melodic Harmony, Flora, and Full Metal Cookies you’re in. I have a shiny Ponyta on Pearl that I nicknamed Taffy and on Sapphire I have a shiny Latios that I nicknamed Spock both were caught with no hacks.

Joinage.

I caught a shiny Oddish about two minutes after beating the game and flying to the Daycare in Emerald.

Joining! I found a shiny Zubat in Gold :(

And then a shiny Rattata. Why can't I have decent shinies?

But when I find out my SID I'll abuse the RNG for a shiny...it isn't cheating if Nintendo put the RNG in there...

Joincake.

I have a shiny Marowak my sister gave me, except it has a timid nature >< (+cuteness, -beauty)

the name Kimimaro doesn't fit it at all

I'm in too! I lost a shiny Bellsprout and Poochyena a few years ago because I didn't know the rarity. (the Poochyena was nicknamed Sei beauty for some reason) So far the only shinies I have that I caught myself are a Sandshrew (aiming to evolve him!) and the above mentioned Marowak. Cryptica has two copies xD

I also had a shiny Tauros, but gave it away for a Dawn Stone since I wanted a Gallade so badly and I had given another to my friend after using the first one.

I was also chaining for shiny Glameow or Purugly a while back but kind of gave up.

Oh, and Cryptica, don't forget the shiny Dustox and Houndoom!

Nah, three. ^^' One on purpose (Gallade is valuable to me now) and two accidental. I don't mind much, though.

I have no idea why, but I have the feeling I'll get a shiny soon...

Ah yes. The shiny Houndoom started a Houndoom chain, which broke soon after. I named him Takibi.

As for the Dustox, she was a shiny Cascoon when she broke my chain of either Nincada or Caterpie.

No, it was fine :D At least I got the shinies.

And another one from Pearl was Shiny the female shiny gastrodon.

Back
Top Bottom