• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Spriter's Club Reborn

My first sprite was a 'revamp' of Magmar. I'm using the term revamp extremely loosely here.

Um... well, I made these two (frankly terrible) sprites for a fake game, but I did those when I was about 10 anyway and they could hardly be counted as sprites. I'll see if i can find them...

Other than those, Bulbatwig was my first.

bulbatwig-2.png

Yeah... I've always imagined it saying something like 'O HAI :D'

i got into spriting at the end of 2003 when i saw some people on pokemon crater make animations and splices with sprites. i saw a tutorial on how to make a sprite and i made a suicune/pikachu splice lol
i wonder if i can find it anywhere... it wasn't /that/ bad for a first sprite really
edit: woah i found it
suichu5lz.gif

Last edited:
Meoxys1.png
Meoxys2.png
infection1rx8.png

My first, second and latest of the "series". That's about 6ish year gap. Any improvements?

Certainly. The first one was okay, but the second dropped in quality. But the third one is easily the best of the three, and is a great splice overall, but some fixes to the shading could be made.

Wow, I haven't sprited in forever. I decided to update the comic, located here.
New issue:
comic05.png

On the topic of first sprites, I believe this is my first.
mew.jpg

Last edited:
Oh topic
firepidgeotar4.gif

I didn't know about limited GIF pallettes back then. xD; Anyway I made this sprite along with a friend of mine. This was either just before or shortly after I joined MHF (so I was in fourth/fifth grade), and I was inspired by Mewkitty's sprites and I wanted to try it too.

They weren't all as good though. xD In fact, they quickly got worse:
charizardandpidgeotspriqt7.gif

And beta Zephyr! This was her first incarnation. xD
zephyrspriteat6.gif

...those were the days...

Anyway, once I had about 30 of these, I posted a small gallery topic at MHF. The general response was "don't quit your day job," but I wasn't deterred. We moved houses for a little while and I lost internet access, but during that time I practiced relentlessly, and when I returned I was able to open up a sprite shop, which quickly became quite popular. :3 And then I joined PC, and then I joined PMF, and the rest is history~

i was also inspired by mewkitty to sprite, i even made a sprite of one of her fake pikachus, haha D:
pikchupu.bmp
oh god there it is
i found my ancient photobucket, with some of my old sprites in
angeleon.bmp
blueraichu.bmp
eagle.bmp
chilli.bmp
rystuuiil.bmp

god, they were all bitmap images too. IT BURNS

Back
Top Bottom