• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Spriter's Showcase!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've made a sorta-new sprite style: it's a combination of Database, Glowing, and basic editing, which I call "Neon"!

pachirisublueneonfi8.png

Pachirisu, the original one. (The neon cuts off at the tail's curve/curl.)
riolugoldneonik9.png

Riolu, the other one. (Neon cut off at the ear to the viewer's left.)

latios2ut8.png

Lineless Latios I didn't post until now.
icresseliaju4.png

iCresselia. (I might make Cresselia transparent.)
undershadedbellossomeq6.png

Looks like I drew it, but it's just half-revamped. I call it "Undershaded Style".
rubyonixrb9.png
rubyonix2ap6.png

Which "Ruby Onix" looks better? The right one has a little more shininess.

mermaidtrainerspriteiy7.png

Ariel. The colors were taken from various trainers for the hair and shirt; the rest were either already used or are custom. (UNFINISHED)
christmastrainer1cz3.png

Lady edited into wearing a fancy Christmas dress with a snowboarder hat.
trainerhost2uc5.png

...yeah, I'm gonna redo that big time.
newspritens8.png

I apparently loved the DP Parasol Lady. (I just edited the dress's bottom.)

Opinions and advice?

I can't really see the difference.
Figured as much.

Also, can I have some crits on my latest sprites? (an inferno and devamp)

infernoriolu.png
misdreavousrevamp.png

Good inferno, but the devamp... I was convinced you were going crazy until I saw the Gold Misdreavus and realized you meant "revamp". Then it's good. (If it is a devamp, your score is -1/10.)

@Eeveelution: On your Ruby Onix, you need much more contrast. Darken the colors where dips are in its body.

Revamp of Ho-oh. What do ye folks think? Yes, also resized it to D/P standards. Great fun to do.

hoohrevao0.png

ok, I'm 100% sure I've seen neon before.
Edit:that Ho-oh sprite, well, I'd say if I was better at commenting on sprites, I would say more than WOW.

nicksbanna.png

Rate my 2nd banner ever please.

I was messing around with GIMP and this came up.
It's good, but I've no idea how this was made so I can't comment much.

Also, this would be better rated in the Artwork forum, not this subforum as people here deal with sprites.

Let's get some real comments, here. Lesse...
Grimdour: One wing's orange part is larger the other's, the beak is pretty bumpy and the outlines don't give it justice. It also looks as if it would be very 'clunky' if it was shut, while Ho-oh's beak is pretty streamlined... uhhh.... the first golden curl is rather blocky. The green neck-colouring looks kinda like a square that's separate from the rest of the body. Also, you forgot that Ho-oh's breast is white.
The actual shading looks okay, and so do the outlines. A couple touch-ups here and there is all that you really need -- most of the problems came from the resizing.

Can I get some crits on this revamp?

kingdra-revamp.png

I, myself, think that the fin is a bit wonky but I can't seem to figure out how to fix it...

I think Kingdra looks entirely wonky by default, but I quite like the pose you've put it in =)

Can I get some opinions on revamps/recolors I did a while ago? (I stand corrected. Let's just call them.. .."slightly altered to look better"?)

gby133_before_after_gif.gif
pkrs385_before_after_recolor.png
gby134.gif
Raikasvaporeonpng.png
gby134_revamp.png
thgby025_before_after.png
rbspr151_before_after.png

CC please ^__^

Last edited:
^
Let me say this:
Revamps are not Recolours. You do not use the eraser trick to make a revamp. To be honest, they're not revamps. At all. You might want to find a tutorial or something and use it until you get the hang of it. (The main site has one, btw)

Last edited:
..not even the last Vaporeon? Hmm.. and I meant AND recolors.. but I guess I was a little "off" on that one..

I still like how they turned out, even if they're not revamps/recolors..

No, not even the last Vaporeon. It's all fine and dandy if you like them, but to be honest they aren't very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom