• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Spriter's Showcase!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the best revamp I have ever done. I would appreciate some crit. There is something wrong with it, I just can't place my finger on what...

Mewvamp.png

There is something wrong with it, I just can't place my finger on what...

Mewvamp.png

I think I know. The lines on the inside are all black. No shading. Also, this is solely my opinion, but I think that it might be that it looks sort of blocky because there is no shading with a checkerboard pattern. This is really all a guess. Hope it helps!

Well, what a coincidence; I have a Mewtwo revamp I'd like crit on too. It's in my sig.
EDIT:
MewtwoRevamp3.png
For those with sigs turned off.

Last edited:
I'd like to show this Work In Progress:

eldectrobe.png

Obviously it's unfinished, and I need help on the shading, especially on the robes.

Here, have an overshade/lineless.
supershadeSalamence.png
This probably isn't a good idea, but be as brutal as I know you can be. *wince*

*Tries to do the impossible in finding mistakes in Peegeray's scratch*

The only thing that I could point out is that it could use a tiny bit more shadow on the right arm/flipper thing.

I never got any comments on my Gliscor scratch =(

Gliscor_by_Tropiking.png

Also can I get some comments on my Charizard scratch?

Charizard_by_Tropiking.png

Thanks.

The outline of the Charizard is... weird. It looks kind of choppy. And the leg closest to us, the back part is flatish. Try making it a bit rounder near the back? The hands are messed up too, but I find hands hard and shouldn't be talking. And the fire is flat.
For the Gliscor, I don't really have much to say, except that it looks kinda dark. Is the outline all black?

Okay, The Suicune. I'll start with your Ninetales based splice. Shouldn't the blade be in front of the mane? The tail doesn't look like it's attached very well. I think that's it, though.
The Absol based one... let's see. It has no paws, first of all. Is that intentional, because it doesn't look good. And the mark on it's forehead is too big and flat.

Still looking for comments on my overshade/lineless.
supershadeSalamence.png

It looks alright, but I think that the legs are too long. Try shortening them. Otherwise, It looks good.

MewtwoRevamp3.png

Comments and Criticism, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom