• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Spriter's Showcase!

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT: DON'T WRITE SOMETHING HORRIBLE BOUT TOON LINK! IT TOOK ME BOUT 2 HOURS 2 MAKE!

..That's a really silly thing to say. You post sprites here to get comments and constructive criticism. People aren't going to lie and say your sprites are absolutely immaculate just because you don't like being criticised. And it's not being 'horrible' anyway, it's helping you make your sprites better.

Really, listen to Grimdour.

Where on its left flipper is it too blocky?

n180sz.png

That definately could use some rounding. Manaphy's flippers don't look so blocky. Just a minor edit or two should fix it.

Okay, so I finally decided to do some spriting. I tried my hand at a bit of minor scratching to disguise somebody:

dlrn2x.png

I attemmpted to disguise her as this midget.

Critique, please?

brilliant. :]

i'm into pixel art and i used to do spriting as a kid. but because i'm new to the whole sprite-editting thing the only thing i have to show is that bastardized absol as my avatar.

what do you guys think? any crits other than the fact that it doesn't look like it can stand up? xD;

Critique, please?

Solid sprite, as far as I can tell. Maybe you should have colored part of her hat and dress... *looks at picture* white? Also, the (our) left foot's outline is the same color as the (our) right leg. Try to outline the back of the foot with black, or at least a darker color. Also, the outline for the red part of the dress should be red, not pink.
I likes it overall though.

Solid sprite, as far as I can tell. Maybe you should have colored part of her hat and dress... *looks at picture* white? Also, the (our) left foot's outline is the same color as the (our) right leg. Try to outline the back of the foot with black, or at least a darker color. Also, the outline for the red part of the dress should be red, not pink.
I likes it overall though.

Yeah, I shoulda fixed some of that, now that I think about it. ^^;

As for the merging-outline thing, I'm pretty sure it was orignally like that. Fixing it anyhow.

I also fixed up the heart to make it not blend in so much. ^^

Also, I'm pretty sure that's a very light pink. ^^

2lwkj0m.png

I hope this is better. ^^

brilliant. :]

i'm into pixel art and i used to do spriting as a kid. but because i'm new to the whole sprite-editting thing the only thing i have to show is that bastardized absol as my avatar.

what do you guys think? any crits other than the fact that it doesn't look like it can stand up? xD;

Urg...I haven't been here in ages.

Your avatar is legend. I have nothing more to say ^_^

kidchameleonbomber.png
a kid chameleon sprite I made. I'm new to kc spriting, but I think it's okay. it throws bombs or drops them and jumps high from the explosion.

kidchameleonbomber.png
a kid chameleon sprite I made. I'm new to kc spriting, but I think it's okay. it throws bombs or drops them and jumps high from the explosion.
Looks quite nice, but the outlines are too contrasting to each other; the lighter outlines need to be just a bit darker and the black outline is somewhat misplaced, notably on the scarf. You're improving well, just a bit of polishing and you'll be great.

infection1rx8.png

Exercise. I need suggestions on improving; somewhat disappointed with the whole thing.

The blue thing on it's belly/whatever is strange looking. I don't get how the Voltord like red fades into the pink like red.
I used the Deoxys palette, but I get what you mean. I'll mix up a custom color for the body.

Does the underbelly/tail look too cluttered?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom