• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Spriter's Showcase!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first scratch ever~
dragonscratch.png

In blue soo your eyes don't burn out. I made it for WW's game, I think.

Dragon's first scratch ever~

Most balck pokemon are actually dark grey so our eyes won't burn out. And what's this? Only two colors of shading? Even black pokemon have three. And finally, total pitch black for most pokemon is Red=11 Blue=11 Green=11, not Red=0, Blue=0, Green=0. (I copied it onto my drawing program just to check.) And there is my crit on the shading. :grin:Did it help? Was I obnoxious? Cruel?

Meh, it was my first scratch so it wasn't supposed to be good. Also, I'm probably next to no help for the revamp 'cause I don't do them. But, the outline looks almost all black. Again, that's illegal.

But all sprites don't have an all black outline. See. flareon dewgong sandshrew

The outlines have a few pixels that are dark whatever coloured. And revamps are making crap sprites RSE or DPPt quality, so *shrugs*

Oh, yeah sorry, i'll work on that, but thats not my problem. My problem is with the shading, it looks shitty

[seriousness=none][joke]You should take it to my sprite shop for repairs!:D[/joke][/seriousness]

Actually, as I learned from scratching one for Tropiking, Rhydons are ****ing hard!!! Anyway, you should... um, you should...hm. You should, ah... no... You should first use more than two shades of gray, keep some checkerboard shading, and clean the blood up from the underside of his mouth.

The only thing I can say is that, instead of altering the base shading, you should erase ALL color and shading from Rhydon and work your way from the ground up. That way you will have an easier time working with D/P style shading.

What do you think of Ridley?, my sprite character. Its not a scratch, its a custom of another sprite

Last edited:
Well, this is my first and it's a fusion. Here goes....

picture.php

Please don't kill me! I fixed it but I know it still sucks!

Last edited:
Pretty good, Newbie God, but a few problems:

1) The line going through is is straight. It should be curved like the body.

2) The bottom fin doesn't look connected. It looks like it's behind the sprite.

But an overall nice job!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom