• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Spriter's Showcase!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any reason why it's not the perfect, Mewtwo? Like, what's wrong with it? I doubt it's perfect, but if I don't know what's wrong with it, how can I fix it and get better?

WUE, I've seen neons before. They were usually that, but the good ones were animated with things like this-

NeonSneasel92288.bmp

Yeah, thanks. Neons were one of these "probably made before but never seen one" things.

It's a fridge!

Good idea, and pretty good graphix. The sparks lack something though. Shouldn't they be kinda pillowshaded-ish? Sparks don't really cast shadows, they give off light.

Okay, so I was bored and tried a random revamp from Gold. The result:

209pves.png

Comments/Critique? (I personally think the shading could be better on it.)

...then why don't you fix it?

Well, the brown outline is obviously all dark. Use the lighter outline in some places. Revamps aren't recolors, bla bla bla you can read the whole speach a few pages back. Try to fix the bright circles of color, they really don't look right.

...then why don't you fix it?

Well, the brown outline is obviously all dark. Use the lighter outline in some places. Revamps aren't recolors, bla bla bla you can read the whole speach a few pages back. Try to fix the bright circles of color, they really don't look right.

Because I wasn't quite sure how. ^^;

I did attempt to do some shading (obviously it didn't turn out well), though. As I'm pretty sure I said before, I'm not that good at scratch shading.

Fixing it up now. I'll edit when it's done.

EDIT:
70992p.png

I think the tail looks better. And I fixed the outline to be lighter.

Last edited:
Better. The right hand(our right) has too much shading in comparison to the rest of the arms though...
I have another mug:
Reventhas.gif

Hitmontop is better, but I circled some mistakes-

wrongoutlineshitmontop48991.bmp

Looks overwhelming...

Red- outlines are switched shades
Green- spotty
pink- too light.

It's not actually that bad. Just needs a few fix-ups on the outlines.

Sorry Reventhas, but I don't know what those are even supposed to look like. It looks fine to me though.

The skitvee is good, simple, but good.

Okay, I'd already had it somewhat fixed up from the Spriters' Club thread, so now I hope it's better. ^^

mkco6.png

You're all probably tired of seeing this by now. ^^

Spotty outlines on genarion. Also, you didn't use the light outlines on the face. Like the idea though, keep trying!

More shading. Shade the area near the leg. And in the part where the leg goes into the body in a circle like thing, the circle thing should be outlined with the outline highlight. The position looks awkward, too. The legs look stiff.
The outline of the yellow on the tail is spotty. The helmet looks 2-D, and the rest of the body could use a bit more shading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom