• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Spriter's Showcase!

Status
Not open for further replies.
29e3m0i.png

Meh. The yellow spots are supposed to be lighter, right? Make them light orange instead. And are you saving it in JPG? Is blurry, kind of. Also, the top left(our left) thunderbolt thing should cover the tail. Rotom only has two thunderbolts, maybe get rid of two? rotom And make the outline a bit more... visible.

Ok, revamping sprites isn't my thing.. soo.. I started with something simpler than a Pokémon:
egg001_turtle.png

Meet Moosh, my little pixel-turtle :P
(my very first scratch-sprite)

Ok, revamping sprites isn't my thing.. soo.. I started with something simpler than a Pokémon:
egg001_turtle.png

Meet Moosh, my little pixel-turtle :P
(my very first scratch-sprite)
Ahaha, it's so awesome~ Is the light coming from the top left(our left)? I'm going to judge it like a Pokemon sprite, for my convenience. The outline's kinda bright, maybe darken it a bit? And more overall shading.

beastslu9.png

A scratch, save for Ho-oh which was a revamp.
I like it~ Raikou's silver crest-thing looks out of place, and Suicune's head looks kinda small. Entei's yellow... thingie is kind of small, and yeah. Pretty good, I can't scratch for crap.

@Grimdour: It's the thing in your avatar, right? I can't see the picture, but I can tell by the Ho-oh, it's the only revamp in your avatar.

It looks nice, but the Raikou's right-front leg looks like it's coming from an area too far forward.

Since I've had some time, I decided to kill it by trying out pixel-overs. This is my first one, so I'll probably need plenty of crits.
picture.php

It's a pixel over of this.

..no, the light is supposed to come from our right XD that's why the outline is so bright on that side ;)
But thank you for the critique, I'll work on the shading :3

@Grimdour: It's the thing in your avatar, right? I can't see the picture, but I can tell by the Ho-oh, it's the only revamp in your avatar.

It looks nice, but the Raikou's right-front leg looks like it's coming from an area too far forward.

Since I've had some time, I decided to kill it by trying out pixel-overs. This is my first one, so I'll probably need plenty of crits.
picture.php

This is awesome. Especially for a first pixel over. I can't crit this...

The only I saw with the Quilava pixel over was that the fire look extremely flat. The shading on the actual Quilava looked good but the fire needs something a little more.

Yes. Even though fire provides light it has shading. The outline of Quilava can be smoother too, but other than that it looks great for a pixel-over. My first pixel-over was from the TCG also, except it was an Azurill and I made it about the same size as a normal sprite. In fact, here it is:

np1b0k.png

I like it, but it looks too blocky for me. What do you guys think of it?

^ The tail is rather big compared to the body. The part connecting the tail has random parts sticking out for no reason as far as I'm concerned. On the tail there is highlights but no shadow.

I know. And now that I look at more closely...gosh, I have come a long way since then. Just look at the tail's shading! (The tail DOES have shadow. It is just that the normal color isn't covering as much as it should.)

picture.php

The fire is 2Dish, but pretty good for a pixel-over in general.

My first pixel-over was from the TCG also, except it was an Azurill and I made it about the same size as a normal sprite. In fact, here it is:

np1b0k.png

The tail is kinda shaky, and the right(our right) foot-leg doesn't look attached. Basically what everyone else said.

Okay, I have been working on this since the beginning of the month. Can I pleeease get some crit. I worked hard. It is completely scratched and the size of a DS screen. I want to put it in my sig.

That thing wasn't inspired by the HSOWA joke, was it?

The Witty looks more scratch than splice, obviously because of how different the shape and size of the sprites are. The sprite is a great one, though I'm sure there is some flaw that I can not be bothered to find.

I maded this for a contest, crit?

Eflareonsaur.png

It beith an Espeon/Flareon revamp splice colored like Venusaur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom