• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Spriter's Showcase!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the first person on these forums to make a pop-art sprite? It doesn't look so good as its a small image but i'm working on the size issue and the colours.
95vtpz.jpg

Also this is my burnt out sprite.
2v81iso.jpg

Last edited:
...jpeg'd. save as .PNG

As for the sprites themselves- I think I've seen popart pokemon before, but not on this forum. For the size issues, just don't shrink the sprites at all...

Burnt out- just a black-recolored magmortar. Not much wrong with it I guess, aside from its being fuzzified from being saved as jpeg.

It looks slightly odd, where are the arms? And the obvious fact that its JPEG'd but you already knew that so...

It doesn't necicarily need arms. Just look at jigglypuff, marill, pichu, cleffa, plusle, haunter...

On the mamogigas, the shading on the arms is a combination of two colors...

Good, but theres something wrong with the eyes. The left one looks awkwardly postioned.

Scratch, scratch, and more scratch. That really is all you need. Typically if a sprite looks bad you want to edit it to make it look good unless it intentionally looks bad. I reshaded the Platinum Scizor sprite a while ago to make it look far better, for example.

Nidorinarevamp.png

'Nother Gold revamp. I like this one better than the Misdreavus revamp. CC on both, please?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom