• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Spriter's Showcase!

Status
Not open for further replies.
PS5 is approaching!

TONIGHT, AUGUST 1ST at 7:00 PM EST. PS5 will be held on the usual channel, http://www.livestream.com/pocketspriter

Panels:

7:00-8:00 - Spriting 101. A basic overview of Pokemon spriting for beginners. Hosted by MM

8:00-9:00 - Retro Style. A guide to scratch devamps and the size and color restrictions of the GB and GBC. Hosted by MM.

9:00-10:00 - Redesign Pokemon! In this interactive spriting session, Involuntary Twitch will be taking requests of official Pokemon and redesigning them to make them more interesting.

10:00-11:00 - Pokemon Rancher Cocoon. This oddly-named panel will be taking ideas from other monster-raising games with fusion systems such as Monster Rancher and Jade Cocoon and scratch-mixing Pokemon together in a unique way. Don't miss it! Hosted by MM.

11:00-12:00 - Happy Hour/Free Sprite.

If you're a talented spriter with the ability to stream live video (IE have a good computer that can run Procaster without lagging) get in contact with me and we might be able to slate you for PS6!

hypnotoed.png

Geez, what a terrible spli- ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOED.
*CLAP* *CLAP* *CLAP* *CLAP*

swabluavatar.png
swabluavatar2.png

Another Avatar to go with these guys below
Togetic_avatar_by_SilverSail.gif
Tsutaja_Avatar_by_SilverSail.gif
Sunkern_avatar_by_SilverSail.gif
th_echorus.gif

Edit:
Neutral_Charge_by_SilverSail.png

crappy plusle and minun pre evo, with recoloring, scratching and fusion.
Guess what was used to make it.
Gizamiki Pichu, Plusle, Minun, Caterpie, and Shaymin (land)

Last edited:
hypnotoed.png

Geez, what a terrible spli- ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOED.
*CLAP* *CLAP* *CLAP* *CLAP*

The sheer idea of splicing Hypno and Politoed makes this an awesome sprite. Although the back it's back doesn't really connect to the "collar." But other than that, I like it.

The sheer idea of splicing Hypno and Politoed makes this an awesome sprite. Although the back it's back doesn't really connect to the "collar." But other than that, I like it.

I see your point, but look at the hypno sprite I used:
097hypno-f.png

it's the same way on the original. (wait, do you mean the arms? if not, then never mind, I still don't get it.)

I see your point, but look at the hypno sprite I used:
097hypno-f.png

it's the same way on the original. (wait, do you mean the arms? if not, then never mind, I still don't get it.)

Let me try and state my point in a different way: the left half of the torso (the sprite's left, not our left) his a jagged outline near the collar. Needs to be smoother. Do you get it now?

How do you save a sprite so it has a transparent background?
Depends on the program you're using/file type. MSPaint can't do transparency but GIMP, Photoshop and such can.
I don't remember how it was in GIMP, but in Photoshop it's easiest just to promote the background layer to a raster layer (double click on the bg layer in the layers tab) and erase the background (then save it as a .png, preferably).

In GIMP, open the file and right-click the background layer. (If the sprite was made in Paint or something, there will only be one layer anyway.) Select "Add Alpha Channel." Then you can delete the background (using one of the selection tools is easiest) and save.

I don't know if you're using GIMP or not but there it is in case you are. xD

Thank you two very much!

I've been using Paint, but I can easily import my finished sprites into GIMP.

EDIT:

Here's my first attempt at splicing. I found iaza.com was very useful for adding the transparency.

RegigigasxTyphlosion7049053983-iaza.gif

I need some tips.

Last edited:
shanderaa_wip_by_silversail-d2za9xi.png

Shandera WIP for an avatar (I need to animate to float up and down and get a starry background TT_TT but I'm having complications)
Edit:

Got the avatar done with animation and transparent where white edges would be.

C+C please

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom