• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Spriter's Showcase!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty cool. I like it. Don't really see a problem with it, other than that the background is dark enough it kind of hides Shanderaa's arms.

It's very nice. The shading in the middle doesn't really look right, but it's also present in the official sprite. In the official sprite, though, it's less obvious.

It's very nice. The shading in the middle doesn't really look right, but it's also present in the official sprite. In the official sprite, though, it's less obvious.

The purple in the center is the flame inside of Chanderaa. Also because there is a flame inside, it alters the shading in the area since fire is like light.

Well, after a long hiatus from spriting, I've tried my hand at revamping a Raikou:

revampedraikou.png

I admit that it's not very good of a revamp, especially the face. As much as I tried, I couldn't get the face right, and the eyes gave me complete hell. What do you think of it?

Well, after a long hiatus from spriting, I've tried my hand at revamping a Raikou:

revampedraikou.png

I admit that it's not very good of a revamp, especially the face. As much as I tried, I couldn't get the face right, and the eyes gave me complete hell. What do you think of it?
crit.png

It's much easier to post an image instead.

You've got some misplaced highlights and shadows here and there, especially on the cloud and the front foot. As for the eyes, the subject left eye has a bit more space towards the nose. I do like the shading on the beardcheek, though.

eeveechu.png

Here is a splice of an Eevee and a Pikachu. I suppose I should've changed Eevee's collar rather than keeping it as it was; however, to me it looks fine as it is. Anyway, C&C will be appreciated.

demin5335174076-iaza.gif

Demin. Fakemon that looks all cute and stuff but then fills your head with depressing thoughts.

crystalpikachurevamp.png

I tried a revamp of Crystal Pikachu, and it turned out quite well - colors taken from the Emerald sprite. C&C on Pikachu would be appreciated.

Edit:
yellowraichurevamp.png

C&C on Yellow Raichu, please.

Last edited:
Tarinflame, I like the raichu a lot. The pikachu is kind of weird again. I think there's something wonky with the shading.

ALSO, ST. CHRISTOPHER, DEMIN IS AWESOME.

pikabluazumachu.png

Splice of Pikachu and Azumarill. Named Azumachu, or you can call it Pikablu.

Next up: Lugia and Ho-oh splice.

Tarinflame: I like it. The ears are a bit odd in preportion to the rest of the body, but it's all good. Doesn't really bother me.

hulgia.png

Here's my Lugia + Ho-oh splice - Hulgia. It took a few tries and a lot of work, but it's finally done. Now to put it in my album...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom