• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Unsolved Mysteries We Take for Granted

It said in a game that fainted pokemon just don't have the energy to battle, but they have the energy to do shit.

As for the bug thing, I guess bugs suck the mysticalness out of them. Which is why I'd laugh if Dragons were suddenly vulnerable to bug attacks.

How Large pokemon can follow you around in Hg/Ss.

Also why ash doesen't have a GF. But srsly, How could you walk into a building with a wailord!

Fainted pokemon just dont have the energy to battle thats all? And i dunno if this has been asked, but , in the anime, how the *fuc* does the 'gang' never **cking know its team rocket!? It is laughably stupid, Ash didn't know it was James and James just had a hat on. WTF.

How Large pokemon can follow you around in Hg/Ss.

Also why ash doesen't have a GF. But srsly, How could you walk into a building with a wailord!

He doesn't have a girlfriend because a bunch of people would be pissed about it, no matter who he chose.

As for your other question, the pokemon magically shrinks and you can pull it behind you with a skateboard. (at least in the case of Wailord, the ones that can walk do so.)

Haha,.... Was that a joke?

i hope so.

and you probably can't have them follow you on land ...idk theyll find a fun and creative way to do work.

and i wonder; why are there no weapons, except the evil people have them. and why is there a code thing to not attack people with pokemon, BUT Lance attacks Team Rockets(?) with his Dragonite o.0

Why do Team Rocket members (or any criminal organization, for that matter) just give up the instant you defeat them in a Pokemon battle? Why don't they attempt to strangle you or something?

Good question. I guess they're too ashamed.
(although in one comic I made a guy pulls out a gun after being defeated)

Why do Team Rocket members (or any criminal organization, for that matter) just give up the instant you defeat them in a Pokemon battle? Why don't they attempt to strangle you or something?

Well, generally, the plans are a one time only kind of thing (See Jirachi: Wish Maker), you just caught a big ass legendary, they actually learned from their mistakes, or they are ashamed that a child beat them.

Or something along those lines. ^-^

I'm answering all of this using only game canon. Anime canon would be different...

Does the term "National Pokedex" imply that all the different regions are under a common government?

Seems possible. If it were 'international' pokedex, it would imply other nations, but it's national, so... I think it makes sense to assume that the regions are states, provinces, municipalities, or territories in the case of teh Sevii islands.

....Now that I think about it, IS there a government? The closest thing we seem to get to a president is the Elite Four Champion. :/

Pokemon politics are irrelevant to the game; why does a ten year old care about who's the president? There probably is some sort of cabinet or ruling party/person or something, but we never see them. Also, choosing your ruler based on who's the better fighter is lame. :p

Speaking of the Champion, why do we always rematch him/her every time we rebattle the Elite Four? Does he/she keep on stealing our title, or what?

We keep on travelling, so although we are champion in title, they continue to act as the champion.

Anyways, back to the government. If there IS a government at all, why don't they stop criminal groups like Team Rocket or Team Galactic? If I were the president, I wouldn't want crooks like those guys running around MY country.

Take a look at El Salvador; that country has a government, but the place is practically run by gangs. I'm guessing that these gangs/teams are tough to stop; they cut off Slowpoke tails for money, after all.

If genderless Pokemon can't reproduce without Ditto, then why do more and more keep popping up? Do they have a secret stash of Dittos? O_O;

I'm guessing they reproduce in a different way, probably asexually. It's just not shown because it wouldn't be convenient.

Also, if legendary Pokemon can't reproduce, why does everybody seem to have them?

You are the only one in the games with legendary Pokemon. It's possible that you're such a nice dude that you release them after catching them.

I'm not trying to be inappropriate here, but I find it quite strange that girls start growing boobies at age 10. O_o;

They do, in real life.

And why do parent let their kids go off into the world at age 10? Kids don't know how to take care of themselves all alone!

It seems that 'Pokemon Trainer' is an actual profession since kids go to school for it. I'm guessing some have 'actual' professions like police, metalworker, but the best experience for Pokemon training is on-the-job training, so it's best to start early. That, and everyone's careful to make roads and stuff so that 10-year olds are safe.

There seems to be a lack of regular animals (EG: pigs, cows, etc.) So.... what do people eat? Do they feast on Pokemon? :O

Pokemon.com says they don't eat Pokemon. Synthetic meat, maybe?

Why do you deposit letters on your PC? Wouldn't it be easier just to invent e-mail?

Letters are held by Pokemon; maybe that has to do with something?

We find lots of fossils of Kabuto, Lileep, Cranidos, etc. But what about their evolutions? Only one Kabutops fossil has been found, and I can't seem to find any fossils of Armaldo or Omystar!

They weren't shown in the games because showing every fossil ever found would take time.

On a similar note, these fossil Pokemon shouldn't have been the ONLY Pokemon back then. Surely, there were other Pokemon species too, right? Why can't we find any fossils of Pokemon such as Yanmega or Magikarp?

see above.

Also, why open museums that only have 2-3 exhibits? The Pewter City Museum, the Oreburgh Coal Museum, the Slateport Museum.... all of those are quite pathetic compared to the Smithsonian. Why bother building useless museums?

They probably have more, but showing them in-game would take too much space and would be irrelevant.

Speaking of buildings.... I have yet to see a house that includes a bathroom! :O

Including pooping and peeing in the Pokemon games would be troublesome. The bathrooms are there, we just don't use them when we're playing.

Berry trees have a wide range of leaf colors. Blue, pink, orange, etc. So.... why are all of the boundary trees green? Why not have some red pine trees? Or purple bushes? Or black grass? Why are all the trees GREEN???

Making different trees for different regions takes too long; we're left to assume that they're different for different locations but we don't see it.

Some trainers are known as "Psychics." They usually have psychic Pokemon. So.... unless their names are purposely misleading, it would seem that these "Psychics" have psychic powers, right? How did they acquire these psychic abilities?

They're like real-life psychics.

How the heck does a Zubat or a Pidgey use fly to carry a human to another city? Even if they are Pokemon, they would clearly collapse with the effort?

Game mechanics. They probably can't carry a trainer to another city, but this would have been a drag in-game.

How does a Pokemon use Surf inside a building? Does it call upon the power of plumbing facilities?

They make the water themselves or perhaps they don't use surf. how annoying would it be to not have certain moves available in certain places? It wouldn't make for a good game, so I'll assume they dont' actually use surf.

How do you travel between regions? I find it very doubtful that Professor Oak walks between Kanto and Johto. It even sounds questionable to take a boat between Hoenn and Sinnoh!

Car, plane, train (Johto/Kanto), boat, Pokemon.

If so many people ride bikes (and even a few motorcycles), then why aren't there more roads? Surely, your grandpa isn't going to risk going through the tall grass just to get to the next town!

I do see a lot of paved roads. Maybe there are just certain paths that we don't take because they don't have Pokemon or trainers?

Where do people buy there groceries? The PokeMarts seem to only sell adventure supplies. :/

There are shelves of other stuff in the marts. There are probably groceries there, too.

Every time you beat a trainer, you get prize money. The thing is.... where do they get that kind of cash? And how do items such as the "Luck Incense" double your prize money? Do they hypnotize the trainer into emptying his/her wallet?

Maybe that kind of cash is actually very little in the real world. As for Luck Incense... no idea.

It has been mentioned in the early games that Mew originated in South America. How does this work?

This has been retconned, later, I think, so maybe we can assume that it was a drunk scientist. :P

Deoxys is clearly NOT of the game's planet, yet it is still a Pokemon. Does this imply that Pokemon originated elsewhere in the universe AND THEN arrived on this planet?

Deoxys is a space virus pokemon, so maybe he just arrived here and over time developed into a Pokemon?

Ok pretty random, but why does a pokemons backsprite look nothing like its front sprite? Like salamence for example, from the front you can see his wings but from the back thay magically dissapear!
meh~

Like not a lot of people know you can get Girtina on Pokeom Diamond and Pearl XD

OK, ive got a couple....*clears throat*
1. Apparently, people in pokemon have advanced enough technology to revive fossils and store solid matter on a pc, but apart from motorcycles, boats and 1 truck, they cant develop a simple motorized vehicle!
2.The game makes various references to real world locations, but as far as i know, pokemon takes place in some other world.
3. Since many 10 year old kids leave home on their journeys and apparently dont get a lot of school, wouldnt a good percentage of adults be fairly stupid?

Exeggcute is a Pokemon consisting of several broken eggs. It's never explained if each egg has a conscious or if all the eggs share just one conscious.

Speaking of which, what the heck is up with the broken egg? Wouldn't maggots or something similar be growing out of it or something...?

When a Pokemon changes to another Pokemon it's called "evolution". However, that doesn't make sense as the word's definition is gradual change over a long period of time. But when a Pokemon "evolves", it changes into something completely different after a show of lights. Wouldn't it make more sense if the Pokemon just slowily changed into their respective evolutions? For example, Pichu slowily growing longer ears and tails, and becoming a darker color as it gets happier.

Meh, maybe I'm overthinking a few stuff.

Exeggcute is a grass type.
It's not made of eggs, it's seeds.

As for evelution, do you have a better word for it? Cause right down to basics, it's typically described as a physical change gained through what is basically described in this world as 'mutation'. and they sure as heak couldn't call it mutation. Sounds to wierd. what you described would make more sense for our world here, but the only things that grow in the pokemon world the same way they do here are humans and some plants. It's a different world, of course things are going to grow different.

OK, ive got a couple....*clears throat*
1. Apparently, people in pokemon have advanced enough technology to revive fossils and store solid matter on a pc, but apart from motorcycles, boats and 1 truck, they cant develop a simple motorized vehicle!
Heavy industry would probably endanger Pokemon habitats far too much for it to be allowed. Recall that Pokemon are central to life here.

Probably why a sophisticated arms industry never developed.
2.The game makes various references to real world locations, but as far as i know, pokemon takes place in some other world.
Probably just to give kids something to connect to.
3. Since many 10 year old kids leave home on their journeys and apparently dont get a lot of school, wouldnt a good percentage of adults be fairly stupid?

Well you don't need an education to be smart.

i have another question. how does all the stuff you have fit in your bag? especially your underground one where your carrying tables and crates and stuff.

In one of the games, the bikes description says that the bike folds up. So... maybe everything else does too.

It's like Zelda. Have you seen the stuff that Link takes everywhere with him?

Link_LOZ_with_items.png
Yes. Link does take everything with him. See, it's just in the game the developers are to lazy to program it.

Why can't you ever eat in a restraunt.

In the Kanto (?) they DO have a restaurant. Its for retrieving something in their but you can't eat there.

ok, here are two really wierd things. 1: the random pokemon trainers. do they just stand there all day, not eating, drinking, sleeping, going to the toilet or doing anything at all? same for the person your playing as, which is my second thing. people are just there al the time, standing there, waiting for you to apear and completely thrash them.......all day, and all night...........
meh

They have the same device as you do, the "rematch-thingy", to see where a trainer is or is coming to so they can battle. As for the part of they don't go to the pokemon center, they stock up on tons of revives right before they battle you!

I'm not trying to be inappropriate here, but I find it quite strange that girls start growing boobies at age 10. O_o;

Padded bra's.

Now, here's some questions that should've been asked a LONG time ago:

How come NO ONE KNOWS WHAT DIGLETS FEET LOOK LIKE? I mean, couldn't they've just returned them to their pokeballs them took a picture? Or do they have massive reproduction parts that shouldn't EVER be seen? 8(

How come war never comes to the land o' pokemon? Even if the regions were always at peace with each other then if China decides to obliterate China than what would happen?

Last edited:
I have one more: How in the hell can dodrio use fly? It doesnt even have wings! Maybe it flaps its extra heads.

Back
Top Bottom