• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Things that make no sence in Pokemon

In "Drawn Together" the pikachu knock-off was forced to marry a cat chick.

fortunately, she was attractive enough for him :P. You also have "coming to america" with Eddie Murphy who was forced to marry as well.

Tbh I haven't ever seen a case where the woman was forced to marry....unless it was a villain trying to force her into it :P

Yes, well, I got the whole "girl forced to marry" thing from history. Well, if James assassinates the lady secretly, he can live a good life...

Another thing that makes no sense: if I remember correctly, Tail Whip did some damage in one episode.

Also, how did one guy get all eight badges using ONLY TAKE DOWN? There had to be some Ghost-types in there somewhere. :D

Well, none of the gym leaders have ghost pokemon, but, how does take down work so well on the first gym? =_=

one thing I don't understand: pokemon
why do these animals have superpowers?
it doesn't make no sence

one thing I don't understand: pokemon
why do these animals have superpowers?
it doesn't make no sence

=.=, well... for some pokemon, it kinda gives an explanation as for how they have those powers....other than that, (CARTOON).

=.=, well... for some pokemon, it kinda gives an explanation as for how they have those powers....other than that, (CARTOON).

I must agree with you, my friend.
Their powers are left unsaid to be understood in the cartoon (no, it is not an anime.)

I must agree with you, my friend.
Their powers are left unsaid to be understood in the cartoon (no, it is not an anime.)
...it's Japanese, and it's animated. By definition, that makes it anime. At most you could arbitrarily decide that to count as anime it must be drawn in a manga-like style, but it is drawn in such a style. By what possible criterion is it not anime?

because anime is for adults and pokemon isn't lolz!

I think that's the reasoning. And it's bull. Pokémon is an anime just as South Park is a cartoon. Cartoons are generally thought to be for kids, but then we have ones like South Park. Anime is generally thought to be for adults and teens but then we have ones like Pokémon. These are both stereotypes that we need to get over. Cartoons can be for adults and teens. Anime can be for kids. The only real difference is the country of origin and style of drawing (at times).

Yes, one must consider, there are plenty of Japanese anime that's not 'appropriate' for kids to watch.
However, in spirit of this thread, it doesn't make sense that Pikachu's thunderbolt sends team rocket flying when it does hardly a thing to other trainers' pokemon.

...it's Japanese, and it's animated. By definition, that makes it anime. At most you could arbitrarily decide that to count as anime it must be drawn in a manga-like style, but it is drawn in such a style. By what possible criterion is it not anime?

I was always taught anime is animation based on a manga.
Anime such as Bleach, Soul Eater, Higurashi etc. are all based on manga.

If I'm wrong, blame whoever taught me that >.<.
I know Japanese shows that aren't anime and theyre animated....
I can't remember their names... (I guess Children's shows don't count, huh?)

And Pokemon is based on a game...

Things that make no sense? I thought of one while playing FireRed earlier today.

Squirtle uses Bubble on Onix. Okay, that's good. Little bubbles float towards the Onix.

But here's the odd part: Onix faints. A gigantic rock snake can be felled by bubbles? O.o

Well...I guess they're bubbles of death? O.o Sorta like water gun beat a paras in that one episode.

I can't believe nobody's pointed this out

Those little kids on Gameboys/GBAs/DSes, are they playing whatever version you're playing when in the game world they could go out and do those things themselves? If so, that is the epitome of laziness and I respect them for it

I can't believe nobody's pointed this out

Those little kids on Gameboys/GBAs/DSes, are they playing whatever version you're playing when in the game world they could go out and do those things themselves? If so, that is the epitome of laziness and I respect them for it

Actually, I think it has to do more with some advertising, if you're talking about the sttuff in your player's room. I mean look, Platnium for instance. The Wii, right there. One of the few -and if we re talking about games, possibly only exepct for the occasional Pokedex entry- connections to the actual world, but for solely advertising purposes.

Last edited:
I was always taught anime is animation based on a manga.
Anime such as Bleach, Soul Eater, Higurashi etc. are all based on manga.

If I'm wrong, blame whoever taught me that >.<.

Actually, there are a few animes that didn't/don't have mangas at all. (THE FIRST ARTICLE under the category of "magical girl anime/manga" has no manga, in fact)

Psyburn said:
No...its a cartoon. Anime does not mean "cartoon from japan"

Yes it does. Wiki even says that "anime" is just animation from Japan. But all that's beside the point.

This is a completely obscure episode, but I find it odd that being possessed by the spirit of an ancient evil dictator gives you the ability to make Pokeballs levitate and steal said Pokeballs in the process.

Yes it does. Wiki even says that "anime" is just animation from Japan.

because wikipedia is never wrong >_>

Anime is the japanese term for "animation", meaning south park is anime because it is a form of "animation".

But if you want, lets name cartoons from france a different name than just cartoon. What would we call totally spies? anybody?

Actually, there are a few animes that didn't/don't have mangas at all. (THE FIRST ARTICLE under the category of "magical girl anime/manga" has no manga, in fact)

I didn't know that.....
but then again, note "few."

But if you did that on Wikipedia, you can't trust it all the time....:blank:

¬_¬
yup...
For any question you have about the anime, you can blame dubbing, or that it's a plain kid's show.

Games....blame its mechanics. If a piplup used bubble on an onix and it faints, while that could never happen in said cartoon/anime (call it whatever you want) it seems perfectly fine in a game.

because wikipedia is never wrong >_>

Anime is the japanese term for "animation", meaning south park is anime because it is a form of "animation".

But if you want, lets name cartoons from france a different name than just cartoon. What would we call totally spies? anybody?

The Japanese term "anime" refers to any kind of animation from any country; in English, however, the term "anime" is used to refer to Japanese animation. You can think it's a stupid and redundant word if you like, but that does not magically change its definition; saying anime is only Japanese animation based on a manga is not one bit less redundant, anyway. And Wikipedia tends not to be wrong about very important details at the beginning of a major page.

You can think it's a stupid and redundant word if you like, but that does not magically change its definition

I didn't say it is stupid and redundant, I simply said its stupid to call one country's cartoons a different name while every other country's toons simply just that. A cartoon. Japan's animation is not special and I wish people would stop treating it as such. Also, its definition is "animation". Not Japanese Animation. You can't take a word that means all, coin it, and then just call it something that means one.

saying anime is only Japanese animation based on a manga is not one bit less redundant

Was that to me or pokeninja?

Back
Top Bottom