• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Too many legendaries?

Mudkipz

I herd you know that meme.
I personally think that there's too many legendary pokemon.

I mean, look:

R/B/Y - Mewtwo, Zapdos, Moltres, Articuno
G/S/C - Lugia, Ho-oH, Celebi, Raikou, Suicune, Entei
Fr/Lg - Mewtwo, Zapdos, Moltres, Articuno, Entei, Raikou, Suicune
R/S/E - Groudon, Rayquaza, Kyogre, Registeel, Regirock, Regice, Jirachi, Celebi, Deoxys, Latios, Latias
DP - Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Palkia, Dialga, Heatran, Giratina, Cresselia, Darkrai, Regigigas, Manaphy, Phione, Shaymin, Arceus

I think this is just ridiculous how many pokemon they put in R/S/E and DP.

Indeed it is. Some of them have reasons to exist while others... don't. To be honest i don't see the point in Heatran, Phione and Manaphy, as they do nothing particularly unique to my knowledge,

I agree. I didnt even know Heatran existed before I stumbled apon the page in Bulbapedia. x-o

I also dont see any point in the regis. Itd be okay if there were, say, pre-evolutions of them and you could catch them in the wild or something, but I really dont see any point in them being legendary.

Last edited:
Quite honestly I'm okay with all of the legendary pokemon. Every region have there own myths and legends, thus every region get legendary pokemon. Some just happen to have more then others. To comment on the Regi thing, they DO have stuff associated with them...and saying that they deserved to be wild pokemon is like saying Wailord and Relicanth should be legendary because of the role they play in getting the Regi. Heatran did seem pointless, but Manaphy was made to get people to play ranger, so it isn't THAT pointless.

I kinda agree with the above people, except the number of legendaries for Diamond and Pearl is really big.

Hoenn is two trios - Regis and the exclusive-to-game ones, a duo, Jirachi, and Deoxys.
But Sinnoh is a two trios - the obvious one, the lakes one, Darkrai, Arceus, and then all the other scattered ones which I don't really think are necessary. Sorry if I'm wrong about something - I don't know much about the legendaries.

Too.. many... *gasp*

I agree with the too many thing. I mean, 5 or 6 legendaries in each region is okay, but honestly 14?? And the Sinnoh ones look crappy, at least most of them. Nintendo is running out of ideas so they make other formes of the existing legendaries...

Yeash.

R/B/Y was like, fine. I mean, Mewtwo was like "This is what you get for beating the game!" and the Birds were like, y'know. Legendaries.

G/S/C was pretty good. I mean, Entei, Suicune, and Raikou were just the legendaries. Lugia and Ho-oh were just pretty cool, I guess. Plus, was Celebi /actually/ obtainable in the game?

R/S/E was kinda overboard. Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza had importance to the game. Latios and Latias are just fun, cause you gotta go after them. The Regis were a good idea, but I think that just like one would have been fine. But there is a lot to do with the whole "trio" thing. Deoxys isn't really obtainable. And why is Celebi in this list? xD;

D/P crossed a line. Heatran? No point. Manaphy isn't really obtainable without Ranger. Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf were kinda like the Regis. But not too much to them. Giratina didn't really need to be in Diamond; plus that would have made Platinum have more epic-ness. Dialga and Palkia are important to the game. Darkrai, not really much of a point that I know of. Same with Shaymin and Cressa-whatever. Arceus doesn't make sense to me... is he part of Dialga/Palkia/Giratina? xD;

But a lot of the legendaries I think have a good bit of importance to the anime, and they have to put them in the games if they're in the anime.

Last edited:
No. There are not too many. They all have a point. Get over it.

There are always a Trio (Uixe, Mespirt, Azelf)
There are the version-only (Dialga, Palkia, Giratina) - Exception - RBY
There are always the Event(s) (Manaphy, Shaymin, Darkrai, Arceus)
There are (usually) the Runner(s) (Cresselia)

Then there's Heatran. who actually has a legend about it. Same with Regigigas.

And Arceus is the Creator.

Some people complain too much. -_-

Back
Top Bottom