• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

!!!!!Ultimate Happy Rainbow Smiles Sprite Contest!!!!!

Involuntary Twitch

I want the earth to spin in the opposite direction
Sprite contests are multiplying like rabbits lately, and I was suddenly seized by the urge to host one, so here we are. (This isn't anything personal to the sprite contest that I criticized for having lame prizes, really. I just wanted to host one for myself. That's okay, right?)

So. Without further ado, welcome to the...
!!!!!Ultimate Happy Rainbow Smiles Sprite Contest!!!!!
You wouldn't believe how long it took to make that one word rainbow...

I am your host, Twitchy! Here to guide you on a painful journey and judge with a critical eye and brutal insensitivity! In this ultimate happy rainbow contest, you will sweat blood! Cry sweat! And bleed tears! all in pursuit of the ultimate reward!

What is that reward you ask?

THE SATISFACTION OF WINNING!
Just kidding. You also get a sprite request from me.

So get on with it already! What's the challenge?
Today's challenge of the now issss...
Shaymin
Shaymin, _____ Forme!

A contest to let you flex your creative muscles! This isn't just any reelement; pick a type and give Shaymin another forme for it! Ice? Fire? Psychic? It's up to you! There are a few rules, though:

-Every forme has its main type as type1 and grass as type2
-Each Shaymin MUST have a flower on it in some way
-No Flying-typed formes, because that's taken already =P
-It doesn't need to be scratched! No, you can use an existing Pokemon as a base if you like (or even Shaymin I guess, but that's soooo uncreative.)

Your sprite will be scored on this scale, and I will provide a crit/commentary as well. :3

Originality: x/10
Flow: x/5
Quality: x/5

Note that Originality is the primary focus, so you don't need to worry too much about having a perfectperfect sprite. However, I will not tolerate jpegs, unrecolored outlines, that sort of thing. Oh, you can enter them, you just won't get a very good score. Flow pertains to anatomy; if your mix has legs from another Pokemon that don't fit it, or your scratch seems awkward, that's poor flow.

Now, the entrants! (There are 7 (+3) slots, but I'll take late entries. If they're good.)
1. Shadowstar
2. ChaosTres
3. Mewtwo
4. RainbowRayquaza
5. Shining Eevee
6. Zulo
7. Fluffy the Eevee
8. Hikari Nijino
9. Roxxor
10. Counterstrike

I will be judging this by myself, unless you are suddenly seized by the urge to help me. If that's the case, PM me and I'll see if you are up for it. |D

Reserve your spot now! Or just enter your sprite without reserving; I won't be broken-hearted if you do.​

Last edited:
I'll enter. reserve me a spot. *goes to find sprites*

Shaymin: Fighting Form!

dpmfa448.png

Last edited:
I'm posting just to raise my postcount to tell you all that you're accepted!

...And there were always 10 slots. What are you talking about? xD

Entry recognised and recieved, Shadowstar. Note to everyone: you are free to change your entry up until I declare the contest closed, so no worries.

I hade fighting Shaymin too!

Actually, I was originally going to fuse it with Lucario, but then I decided to use this-

Shaymape76790.PNG

(50th post! Whoo Caaterpie!)

Slot reserved, Hikari.

But, um, just saying... I like how you're going for unconventional formes, guys, but these look like mixes. :/ And this isn't a mix contest; it's to create a different Forme of Shaymin, like Sky Forme. So I was thinking a little more along the lines of keeping it mammalian or rodentine.

Also, try scratching. I'm not a mix fan if you couldn't tell, and I'm your judge here. =P

Edit: Take the spirit forme as an example. =D

Here we are! I present to you... *drum roll*

Aqua Shaymin!!!

dpmfa492ShayminforcontestTCoD.png

I have no idea on how to splice, so I scratched everything that wasn't part of the origional Shaymin. I hope you enjoy!

Can I take the last spot?

I know I'm being kind of stupid entering my first ever scratch, but a splice just reminds me of the other Pokemon. Not that these are bad, though.

Here tis.

darkmin1.png

I know it's mediocre, but I'm doing this for fun and not really to win. It's Darkmin, Dark Form of Shaymin. The tail is Carnivine's leaf.

Back
Top Bottom