• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Well, You Thought Wrong

Hey, seems like a lot of people used the Master Ball on a Ponyta before knowing what it did xP I did that too, but that was because my brother is always unbelievably ill stocked with Pokeballs, and when I ran into the Ponyta the Master Ball was the only one he had. So of course I threw it.

Luckily I didn't save after that, so when I told my brother what I did, he just laughed and turned off the Gameboy.

Well yeah, as this was on my blue version. o.O

Ah, I did it on Gold. But still, *cough* MissingNo. *cough*.

I can't remember if I threw the Master Ball on purpose or on accident...Damn Ponyta. All I know is that I saved afterwords. I had a bad habit of doing that as a kid. I killed Ho-Oh on Gold and actually saved right after, so I never had my version mascot. At least I got another chance when Crystal came out later that year.

I used mine on Zapdos.

When I fought Groudon the first time, I didn't know it was a ground type, and I killed it with surf. (I thought it was steel or something) I had to save because I had gotton to far to just shut it off.

My cousin gave me a lot of tips, so I haven't made too many mistakes. Probably the worst thing I've thought was that Missingno would literally kill your character. As in you would see the little sprite fall over and die or something. And after he died I thought the cartridge would blow up and my Gameboy Color would electricute me. No joke. I was absolutely terrified of Cinnibar Island for weeks.

My cousin gave me a lot of tips, so I haven't made too many mistakes. Probably the worst thing I've thought was that Missingno would literally kill your character. As in you would see the little sprite fall over and die or something. And after he died I thought the cartridge would blow up and my Gameboy Color would electricute me. No joke. I was absolutely terrified of Cinnibar Island for weeks.

That has to be the most epic MissingNo. myth I have ever heard... MissingNo. no longer just threatens save file...HE KILLS YOU!! Poor guy...he's harmless but everyone was afraid of him...

I didn't know anything about MissingNo. and thought it was just a really rare Pokemon. So I caught it :D I faintly remember giggling at the messed up graphics, but eventually I got tired of it and released it.

For years i thought that eevee evolved into umbreon with a moon stone, and espeon with a Sun stone. (Which it really should, because it makes waayy more freaking sense with the first three eeveelutions) When i finally got to train an eevee i was pissed when i couldn't get that to work.

At first I thought Roark was a girl as well, until I first got to Byron, who mentioned Roark as a "he." o_O

Cryptica and I also used to think that Shining Pokemon were sick, and we didn't know what Potions did for quite a while, so whenever Cryptica encountered a shining Pokemon (Zigzagoon and Pidgey are all I can remember), she ran from it, bought a Potion and started to look for it again. XD

I used to think that the correct trendy phrase in R/S/E would get me a Mew. No joke.

I also thought Silver was a girl, until the officer called him a boy. After that, I looked up his official art and fell in love.

And - wait, what?! Bugsy's a GUY?! Whaaaaaat?!

The only time I thought Bugsy was a girl was when I first saw him. The second time I ever went through on Gold, I knew he was a guy. Somehow, though, I mistook Roark for a girl for about a month. o_O

And I thought that evolutions of the Kanto Starters (Charblast, Venuforest and Blastocean respectively) could be obtained by feeding a Rare Candy to a Charizard, Venusaur or Blastoise respectively. I heard this rumor from someone else and since then have guessed that he was guessing about Infernape, Torterra and Empoleon. He said that Charblast was like Charizard except it had the ability to dig; Cryptica had looked that up afterwards and noted that Charizard could, in fact, learn Dig.

EDIT: In Mystery Dungeon, it also took me a while to figure out that Flame Wheel cuts corners.

Last edited:
He said that Charblast was like Charizard except it had the ability to dig; Cryptica had looked that up afterwards and noted that Charizard could, in fact, learn Dig.

If I can find a Dig TM somewhere, I'm going to start over on fire red AGAIN and get Charmander for a starter. When I find the TM Dig I'm going to teach it to my Charmeleon, or 'zard if I decide to evolve it :D

-

Anyway, I thought that Poochyena and Mightyena were Normal-type, but I dreamt I saw a guy battling another person's Poochyena with a Drowzee. Drowzee used Confusion, and "It doesn't affect Foe Poochyena..." So I learned it was Dark-type.

There were other things, but I forgot them.

-Like Darksong said, I thought that Shinies were sick so whenever I saw one I bought a potion and started looking for it again.

But Darksong, don't forget that they also said Charblast had a matchstick for a tail.

*ends post*

Back
Top Bottom