• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What are you reading? II

I asked my mother and step-dad for book recommendations yesterday, and my mother told me to read Good Night, Mr. Tom, and my step-dad told me to read Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry. I finished both of them today, and Roll of Thunder was one of the worst books I've ever read, and Good Night, Mr. Tom was a good book, but it isn't my favorite. Both of them were REALLY easy reads, as if they were meant for a sixth or seventh grader :P

I have started Agamemnon, partly because I thought it would be handy for University Challenge and partly because I quite like Aeschylus. (Only later did it occur to me that, having a classicist on our team, reading Greek plays was perhaps not the most efficient use of my time.)

Hurr durr, I went to the library and got Mockingjay (Hunger Games thing) only to realize that it was the third one, not the second book in the trilogy, blah...

Also I really want to re-read 1984! But I'm too lazy.

I just finished reading The Cat Who Sang For the Birds. It's a children's book, but really good for a children's book. It actually is pretty interesting, I liked it a lot. It's kinda like how so many teens read Warriors, but I don't really like Warriors anymore. I'm not really sure why I read this book.

Last edited:
I just finished reading Girl, Interrupted by Susanna Kaysen the other day. It was really good!!

Oh, I'm going to borrow The Faults in Our Stars by John Green from the library soon! I heard its really good! I started reading it about a month ago, but for some reason I didn't finish it...

The entire Ender Series. Well, I REread the Ender Quartet (plus Ender in Exile!), but this is my first time reading the Shadow Series (Bean Quartet). I just finished Shadow Puppets earlier today. I'll start on Shadow of the Giant later.

And after I finish with that, I want to reread the Eragon series. (Well, Inheritance I'll be reading for the first time).

And after that, I want to reread the Percy Jackson series.

Someone I know is going to let me borrow The Faults in Our Stars by John Green sometime soon! But until she gives it to me, I am re-reading Delores Claiborne by Stephen King.

Ugh. Percy Jackson. I hate the series because it's too slang, but I feel bad because my grandma bought me one for my birthday and I keep feeling guilty, but she bought Mark of Athena, so I have to read all of the previous books before I read that one.

Also Castle Roogna by Piers Anthony.

Started Scarlet by A.C Gaughen. Manga-wise, I'm working on Death Note, Ao No Exorcist, Fairy Tail, and trying to finish Azumanga Daioh.

I just finished To Kill a Mockingbird. I don't know why I didn't read it much sooner. It was one of the most beautiful novels I've read in years.

I just finished To Kill a Mockingbird. I don't know why I didn't read it much sooner. It was one of the most beautiful novels I've read in years.

I LOVE that book! I read it when I was in like seventh grade for the first time, and I have re-read it 6 times since then!

And recently finished An Abundance of Katherines by John Green, and it is one of my favorites!!! And I am almost done with Hearts in Atlantis by Stephen King, and it is super duper good!

Back
Top Bottom