• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What are you reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i finished a separate peace twenty-five minutes ago. it had good characters and a nice plot. i liked it.

i'll start cat on a hot tin roof tomorrow.

I finished An Abundance of Katherines on Friday so I went to the library and got Paper Towns which I finished yesterday. It was amazing and it's by the same author, John Green. I'm currently reading Looking for Alaska which is also by John Green. I'm not very far but I hope it is good.

Um... as opposed to what, novel form?

As opposed to "Shakespeare for Today's Generation" form, perhaps?

"Verona was de turf of de feuding Montagues and de Capulet families. And coz they was always brawling and stuff, de prince of Verona told them to cool it or else they was gonna get well mashed if they carried on larging it with each other."

Now reading: Invisible Man by Ralph Waldo Ellison. School assignment.

Finished Looking for Alaska. It is was good as I figured it would be. Now I'm rereading The Book Thief because we are still discussing it in English and it will help if I read the book more than once. I might start reading another book with it, but I'm not sure what yet.

This above all: 2 thine own self b tru

^ lol XD

I just finished doing Hamlet in my English class and we spent SUCH A LONG TIME on it. I liked it but I grew a bit tired of it after analyzing it to death for the hundredth time. I could probably recite "to be or not to be" from memory at this point... to be or not to be, that is the question... whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune or to take arms against a sea of troubles and by opposing, end them... well, you get the idea.

Anyway, we just started Crime and Punishment, so that's what I'm reading now. I've only read the first chapter, so I don't have much of an opinion on it yet, except that the character's names seem pretty long and Russian and crazy.

I just finished doing Hamlet in my English class and we spent SUCH A LONG TIME on it. I liked it but I grew a bit tired of it after analyzing it to death for the hundredth time. I could probably recite "to be or not to be" from memory at this point... to be or not to be, that is the question... whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune or to take arms against a sea of troubles and by opposing, end them... well, you get the idea.

I am pretty sure I know about half of Macbeth vaguely off by heart.

But... do they even exist outside of "play form"? Okay, it can be on stage, in a book, and (if we stretch it a little) in film, but it's always the play. o.o

Well, then again, it could be the Reduced Shakespeare Company's version. *too lazy to link*

I just finished Seeing Redd, from the Looking Glass wars series

I also just finished The Chocolate War, reading it for English class, and I wasn't supposed to finish it until February 5, but it was really good

Off topic, FKOD has an awsome avatar =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom