• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What do you want to see in the 5th gen?

Multiplayer feature for those that want it. like you could, if you wanted, to hook up with a friend and go through the whole game, from the beginning with both of you picking a starter. idk how this might work out but it would be fun like helk.

New Pokemon idea: Fire ant

:D *shot* But honestly, we don't have any ant Pokemon. And a bug/fire type WOULD be pretty cool...

Also:

A Pokemon made out of mist. Ghost/Water type
A Will-o'-the-wisp Pokemon. Ghost/Fire type. As an added bonus, make one of its attacks Will-o-wisp
A Dryad Pokemon. Ghost/Grass type

And I just realized Rotom is ball lightning O.o

Able to "see" Pokemon in the tall grass, caves, etc. It's really annoying when you get like 15 Pokemon in a row when you're trying to pass a small cave -_-. I suggest like a little small flash or marking thingy.

:D *shot* But honestly, we don't have any ant Pokemon. And a bug/fire type WOULD be pretty cool...

I actually came up with this Pokemon that's sort of like a Dragonfly with 3 stages that is Fire / Bug. It's got all of these flames shooting out from all over it. And a base Sp. Atk stat of 135!

*cricket*

Yeah...

And to go along with the idea that there should be more people in the towns, there should be TRAINERS in the town. Not in buildings, but in the streets. They don't battle you by sight though, you need to talk to them to fight them. That would be cool.

They should also make gym "challengers" that you can battle; Trainers with Pokemon in no accordance to the gym's type that are challenging the gym. They sort of did that in D/P/Pt.

Able to "see" Pokemon in the tall grass, caves, etc. It's really annoying when you get like 15 Pokemon in a row when you're trying to pass a small cave -_-. I suggest like a little small flash or marking thingy.

Defeats the purpose of RANDOM ENCOUNTERS, doesn't it?

I want a new, bigger region, with lots of varied routes and towns that have their own atmosphere and feel to them. And with more varied wild Pokémon.

Hmm, what they COULD do is have th battles in 3D, but for the Pokemon info screen and Pokedex keep the sprites. That would be cool.
This is actually a really good idea. Wow.

A plot that isn't for ten-year olds.
GUESS WHAT

The target audience (at least in the US) IS ten year olds. The vast majority of Pokemon players are ten year olds. So, uh... this isn't going to happen.

And a huge map. I mean, huuuuge. Just massive. Maybe even have more than eight gyms, and while you only need eight badges to get to the E4, you need the others to unlock other parts of the game. *nodnod*
I like this idea. I mean, if they had enough memory for eight gyms + elite four back in the ye olde days of the original Game Boy, then surely they have enough memory now for a far longer quest.

Anyway, I think it would be kind of cool if the region was just one giant city, and the different towns were all different districts. There would be less wild Pokemon, but there would still be some strays in parks and alleys and by the lake and such.

I also am sick of how every Pokemon game so far is really just a remake of RBY. Some ideas to switch this up are:

- not a fire/grass/water choice for starters. perhaps you could get a choice of four distinctly different normal types, and your rival has a fighting type. or maybe you start with an Eevee like in XD or an Eevee clone. I dunno, but the fire/grass/water is really getting old and stupid.

- instead of eight gyms, how about seven colosseum challenges, or ten crime lords to defeat, or you have to find the four sacred gems, or ANYTHING other than eight gyms really

- somehow change the battling system to make room for more strategy. making every trainer battle a double battle would be a nice start; 2 on 2 is so much more fun.

- no more Professor Tree

also, I know it's been said by everyone ever, but we need MMORPG elements.

They should make it where super effective move are balanced I mean I can understand if you use leaf-blade on a water type that 20 levels below you but vise verse that sounds insane.

Plus when you get to level 100 and fighting another level 100 and use a super effective move you can have at lest a fighting chance and 1 mistake wont cost you.

I hope they have something interesting. Maybe if they get crazy enough, maybe they'll make a Fire/Water or Grass/Fire type soon? That would be great since they did that with Electric/Water.

I want a new, bigger region, with lots of varied routes and towns that have their own atmosphere and feel to them. And with more varied wild Pokémon.

This. Also not have so many legends, they're getting annoying. I'd like to have more than one region like GSC[woot!] and not having to live near a nintendo event to get event only Pokemon[even if you can trade]. Also more CAT POKEMON.

Quote:
"Ooooh
How about a Water/Ghost type... like an undead fish-thing that was caught and never thrown back into the water
Also maybe a plain Flying type. None of this Normal/Flying crap.

Uh... really cool sprites.
Also a crapload of Ghost Pokemon. <3 Ghosts. Some cool, not useless Normal types would be cool too."

Name: Ronost
Type: Water/ Ghost
Species: Pirate Ghost Pokemon
Pokedex Description: Ronost is a ghostly guardian of things that fall to the bottom of the sea. Once a Ronost discovers a ship, it claims possession of it and will attack anyone that tries to attack their ship with their deadly traps.
Height: 3ft
Weight: 0.2 lbs.
Places Found: Any Abadoned or Sunken Ship
Egg Group: Amorphous
Abilities: Arena Trap

Base Stats
HP 90
Attack 60
Defense 60
Speed 90
Sp. Attack 90
Sp. Defense 90

Moves
Level Up
Spite -
Lockon 8
Watergun 12
Curse 12
Bite 16
Scary Face 20
Rest 24
Confuse Ray 28
Shadow Punch 32
Destiny Bond 36
Baton Pass 40
Perish Song 44
Hydro Pump 48
Grudge 52

Aaaand here's my webpage for a craptastic "screenshot" of this pokemon.
http://www.freewebs.com/pancakeswordsman/Fake Pokemon.htm

I am really not in the mood for any more evolutions of already existing Pokemon, unless they are better statwise/moveset wise.

- Choice for career at the start of the game so you don't have to do gyms if you don't want to, and your career choice affects the plot slightly, possible careers being: Professor Aid, Gym Challenger, Co-Ordinator, Breeder, Police Officer, and Gym Apprentice.

- Customizeable trainers.

- Wi-Fi Underground

- Minigames like in FR/LG

- Deeper plot

We need..
sum moore regions.
And about the movin' sprites. Why is it always strechiin' and skewin? Back in GSC, the animations were way better. And that was on an OLD game.

Back
Top Bottom