• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What Games Are You Playing?

very very slowly through dragon quest 11

well, it WAS veryvery slowly until the hero got announced for smash, and then I hit the game’s halfway point and whizzed through it because I couldn’t put it down.

and then I beat it. Twice. (Please play dqxi it’s one of my faves and one of very few games where I cried MORE upon a second playthrough.)

now it’s a lot of animal crossing, occasionally alternating between world of final fantasy and chocobo mystery dungeon, and eventually a third playthrough of dqxi but this time in 2d mode to see what’s weird about it.

I'm currently playing... many games. pokemon sword and fe three houses in the backburner, I'm actively advancing in tiny fractions in hollow knight, xenoblade chronicles x (it's a mess of a game but I could play it for weeks just grinding and collecting stuff,,,,) and destiny 2! I rarely have a lot of energy, even for gaming, and d2 and hk both require a lot more effort than xenoblade so that's often the one I sink the most idle "I have a headache but need to do something to pass the time" hours in

Final Fantasy IV (DS). I need to level up my team a bit, which means grinding, but that's boring so I haven't picked it up for a while.

Pokemon White - yes, again. I'm currently training up candidates for my post-game team; a Deino and a Sneasel - though neither of them bring sorely-needed Fighting resistances or Electric/Flying-type attacks.

Pokemon Sword and Shield - duh. I've been EV training the crap out of my pokémon, and now it's pretty easy, so that's been fun.
Pokémon White 2 - HAH! a one up on myuma and my game broke and i found a wild victini, i'm playing a ROM of it so that might explain it.
Legend of Zelda: Breath of the wild - because i never beat it. Darn that stupid lynel i can't beat it.

I've kind of been playing Fire Emblem: Three houses...
but actually not that much, i really enjoy it but i just haven't gotten around to it.

Minecraft sometimes? I got a minecraft realm with my girlfriend so we can hang out even though the coronavirus exists.
Also i've been playing sutoraiku high because that's a real game. It is really fun to play.

I have several pokemon files I need to complete (i don't tend to try to win file keeping games as much in general unless its pokemon nowadays. though that can change time to time; just, yeah, i like more casual stuff like arcade/dress up/simplex-ish online games a lot of the time, dispite being pretty into gaming overall :P).

I often get distracted from pokemon game winning cos i wanna do facilities and EV training and more 'battle for fun' type stuff more haha.

But winning the games in general from the story can be nice too. I love pokemon games ;3

Horizon: Zero Dawn on PC is awesome.
Going through the Nora lands, as I started to hunt medium-size machines I found myself growing frustrated—but as soon as I hit the Carja lands and the first Tier 3 merchant I geared up with the best weapons available, and now I'm picking off mediums almost with ease, and I also killed a Stormbird! Not brave enough to take down a Thunderjaw yet, tho...

Recently I have been playing a bit of Sonic Heroes. I have played through it several times, but I still like it quite a bit despite it's flaws.

Started playing a ROM hack of Crystal called Pokemon Fools Gold. I only just started playing it, but it's really really good; essentially, they retyped all the original 251 Pokemon, and gave them updated sprites to match... Kind of like regional variants, but it's every single Pokemon instead of a select few. And the sprites look fantastic too: you can check them out here, if you want to check them out (unless you plan on going into this at some point and want to go in blind). There's also a bunch of new areas and side quests added in as well, and just... Ahhhhhhhhhh I love it

Started playing a ROM hack of Crystal called Pokemon Fools Gold. I only just started playing it, but it's really really good; essentially, they retyped all the original 251 Pokemon, and gave them updated sprites to match... Kind of like regional variants, but it's every single Pokemon instead of a select few. And the sprites look fantastic too: you can check them out here, if you want to check them out (unless you plan on going into this at some point and want to go in blind). There's also a bunch of new areas and side quests added in as well, and just... Ahhhhhhhhhh I love it
i have Many Opinions on these sprites

I've been playing these games

Animal Crossing New Horizons
Pokémon Shield ( no i don't have the DLC yet )
Super Mario Maker

Reactions: Ys_
I've been playing a lot of Crusader Kings 2 recently, but I think I've reached the point where I'm tired of it for a long time.

Other than that, Minecraft. It's something to do while listening to podcasts. Despite having the game since it was still in alpha, I've never actually tried to fight the ender dragon before. So I'm aiming to do that at the moment. I've already opened a portal and now I'm just trying to get the best armour I can and lots of arrows.

And I'm occasionally switching which game is in my switch. At the moment it's Hyrule Warriors but I may well get back to Breath of the Wild soon. I've been trying to beat Master Mode as thoroughly as possible without warping. I burned myself out after finally managing to beat the first sword trial a few months ago, maybe it's time for me to try to beat the second trial.

Other than that, Minecraft. It's something to do while listening to podcasts. Despite having the game since it was still in alpha, I've never actually tried to fight the ender dragon before. So I'm aiming to do that at the moment. I've already opened a portal and now I'm just trying to get the best armour I can and lots of arrows.

Pro tip:

It's tempting because it's really long, but once you beat the ender dragon don't skip the poem at the end, because it's the best part of the game.

It's surreal and trippy to say the least, but still fun

Back
Top Bottom