• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What is your favorite Beatles song?

probably day tripper, one of the first riffs i learned to play on guitar

helter skelter is also pretty cool though, and um i swear there's another one i really like but i can't quite remember what it is. sgt pepper maybe

edit: just remembered, revolution is nice as well. love the intro, haha

personally i prefer the rolling stones, but the fab four are pretty, well, fab

Last edited:
I like "All you Need is Love" its one of my favorites! And I like "Maxwell Silver Hammer" (I think thats what its called)

Eleanor Rigby, Yellow Submarine and Got to Get You into My Life. :'D (Revolver!)

I haven't listened to that many, but I do absolutely adore the Beatles. And yes, I also adore Yellow Submarine ("IN A YELLOW... SUBMARINE, WAHAH!") <3

"Maxwell's Silver Hammer", definitely. I'm not even that much into The Beatles, but I just love that song. I think "Oh! Darling", "She Came in Through the Bathroom Window", "Day Tripper" and a few others are also great.

Through the sheer amount of there songs its really hard to choose. I'll try and do a top 5.

1 - In My Life (Rubber Soul)
2 - A Day in the Life (Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band)
3 - Something (Abbey Road)
4 - Yesterday (Help!)
5 - She's Leaving Home (Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band)

Though I'm sure in the next month or so the bottom 3 will change.

Yellow Submarine, All You Need Is Love and Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds.

honestly, I'm not much of a music-listener, so most of my exposure to the Beatles was through the Yellow Submarine animated movie, which means I don't know a lot of their other songs :/

Hey Jude is the first song I ever knew, literally; my dad would sing it to me to put me to sleep. So it wins by a mile. I love most Beatles songs, also for largely sentimental reasons... Eleanor Rigby, Day Tripper, Yellow Submarine, I Want To Hold Your Hand... okay well way too many stand out. :[ I really love the Beatles.

...Would this be a "bad" bump? I'd say it's better than making a new thread.

I need to do a top 5, in no particular order:

Rain
She Said She Said
For No One
Lovely Rita
Revolution

Dear Prudence
Hey Jude
Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!
Across the Universe
Strawberry Fields Forever

They made me choose the names Prudence Adeline and Judah John for my kids :p

Um, well I think "Strawberry Fields Forever" is the closest I have gotten to what I would describe as "audio assault", so for invoking such strong emotions, I'd say it is the best song of their's I know of.

Strawberry Fields Forever always scared the shit out of me as a kid. idk why.

Obligatory "Velvet Underground was better".

I'm tempted to cite the entire Abbey Road medley, but I'll stick to my absolute favorite: "Golden Slumbers." It still tears me apart to hear it (semi-cheesy as it is), mostly because it reminds me of my favorite ex. :/

Back
Top Bottom