• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What Pokémon do you want to be playable in the PMD series?

Re: What Pokémon do you want to be playable in the PMD series?

Buizel is my #1 pick. Aron, Bagon, Cacnea, Sandshrew, Numel, Ledyba, Spinarak, Oddish, Bellsprout, Sunkern, Hoppip, Scyther, Spheal, Porygon, Drowzee, Castform, Gastly, Misdreavus, Shuppet, Duskull, Murkrow, Gible, Cranidos, Shieldon, Glameow could work out as other possibilities.

Edit - Also want to add Stunky in for now, since I forgot the name earlier. .-.

Last edited:

I WANT EEVEE BACK WITH A BETTER CHANCE OF BECOMING UMBREON
Anyways, what about Shieldon? Anyone mention him yet?
EDIT: Just saw it. Hmmm... what about... MAGIKARP Swinub?

Personally, I believe Minun, Plusle, Munchlax, Sentret, Buizel, Cherubi, Volbeat, Illmuise, Sandshrew, Pachirisu, Ralts, Mime Jr., Bonsly, Murkrow, Misdreavus, Sneasel, Shellos, Hippopotas, Growlithe, Spoink, Snover, Roselia, Kricketot, Whismur, Spheal, and Numel, Plus some 5th Gens of course, should be options for starters.

I probably missed something, but whatever. Even though I doubt that many of these will be starters, some might.

Although, in theory, the only unplayable Pokemon is Arceus.

Last edited:

YES! DEFINITELY Pachirisu X3

But I would like Sandshrew as well...

Did you realize you said Drifloon twice?

Magikarp and Feebas would be hilarious but they'd have to let it learn Surf or something decent :)

I really want Psyduck to come back D: I played as one, and it was awesome how it always held its head. And Golduck pwnd everyone.

Shinx would also be an interesting option. Not to mention Duskull.

I'd say Pachirisu but one of the WiiWare PMDs, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Go For It! Light Adventure Squad, has it as a starter choice~

Chingling and Aipom would be cool too.

Nincada it would be awsome to evolve into Shedinja. Also Lotad and Seedot for fun.

Combeeeeeee.

But pokemon like Minum & Plusle seem good for the format too.

The problem right here is that Combee only learns two/three attacks until it evolves, which you can't until the post-storyline.

And even so, only girls can evolve.

problem occurs.

Either way, I agree on those who said Misdreavus and Duskull, Slowpoke wouldn't be all too bad, either.

Absol. It's never going to happen, but...

And Seedot. Buizel would be pretty cool also.

The problem right here is that Combee only learns two/three attacks until it evolves, which you can't until the post-storyline.

And even so, only girls can evolve.

problem occurs.

Oh yes, I see, that would be a problem ¬¬

How abouts:
Cacnea
Trapinch
Scorupi

I'm seconding Skorupi ^^.

Personally, I'd like to see Mawile and Sneasel playable, but that's only because I'm obsessed with them. -_- Seriously though, Weavile would make a better evolution than most of the playable characters' evolutions anyway. (I usually prefer not to evolve my MD characters since it doesn't actually help them much, it removes their talking icons in MD1, and it makes them uglier. >_>)

On a less biased note, I think Riolu would be a nice choice. Lucario would make a cool post-game evolution, and Riolu has a pretty good move pool. His move pool is kinda small, but he does get counter on level 6, force-palm on level 11, and he starts with Quick Attack. (Which is very useful in PMD) He can also learn quite a few TMs, and he's one of the only fighting types that isn't... y'know, ugly. =P He also has pretty good base stats.

Also, I think Buneary would be cute for the partner role. xD I don't know, it may already be in and I forgot, and it's moves probably aren't that good, but I don't see why not. They put Skitty in after all. (Nothing against it - I love Skitty - but it doesn't exactly have the strongest moves lol)

Additionally, I agree with those that said Buizel. Buizel is awesome, he has a good move set, (Quick Attack and Aqua Jet ftw) and his evolution isn't that bad either.

And... wow at how many people said Absol. He even joins you mid-story in MD1 and has a bit of a speaking role, which is a lot for a non-starter/partner pokémon. I know they only did this in MD1, but... that's quite an appearance for poor Absol, who will probably never be a PMD starter. =(

Back
Top Bottom