• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What really annoys you about the Pokemon Anime?

Aggron is doubly weak against Ground, though. It wouldn't be too surprising for an Earthquake or some other strong Ground move to KO the Aggron in one shot.

Of course, it really would be ridiculous if the Donphan did that with a Normal-type move or Rollout or something like that (I never saw the fight you're talking about--I haven't watched the anime in years, with the exception of the Shaymin movie the other day and a few episodes yesterday because I was bored and Cartoon Network was running a marathon of them--so I don't know exactly what move was used.)

And saying, in the games the pokemon is released whenever you use a field move. Hmm, let's see...Donphan used a field move 2 times to crash the rocks, and once more to beat an Aggron in ONE SHOT. It also just KILLS me, back in the early episodes, how Ash and co DON'T EVEN RECONGIZE TEAM ROCKET IN THEIR DISGUISES. I mean, seriously. If I saw some crazy girl with purple curly hair walking around, I'D KNOW.

It also just KILLS me, back in the early episodes, how Ash and co DON'T EVEN RECONGIZE TEAM ROCKET IN THEIR DISGUISES. I mean, seriously. If I saw some crazy girl with purple curly hair walking around, I'D KNOW.

We're talking about a show where, when our main hero suddenly starts talking in a scary deep voice and acting completely different, even an adult would say, "sounds like Ash has a sore throat."

(By the way that actually happened. Good God Scott.)

The main thing that annoys me is the fact that after the first or second season, it just wasn't fun to watch anymore. It's not just the voices, either. The action, humor, and overall sense of adventure were just dumbed down. And all the characters own boring-ass pokemon. Seriously, a Buneary? Spare me.

The main thing that bothers me is (I know it's been said a few times already) how Pikachu is like level 1,000,000. And YET it still had trouble with the first few Sinnoh gym leaders when their Pokemon should be around level 15-30.

Another thing is how type matchups don't exist in the anime. Charizard who is Fire/Flying beat a Blastoise and lost to a Blaziken. Pikachu can KO a Ground type with Thunderbolt.

^ Hey, just because one Pokemon is weak against another doesn't mean it will automaticlly lose; besides, Charizard's rather strong.

Although the Ground-type-losing-to-Thunderbolt thing is screwed up very badly.

Filler episodes don't irk me much, or at least the ones that actually have some character development.

On the other hand, I once saw an episode where it was perfectly okay, especially for filler in D/P, until Dawn had some extended diologue near the end. Everyone then started doing things that I hate, which include:

1. Using the term "Special Training!"
2. Explaining exactly what happens.
3. Asking stupid questions.

*is talking about the episode with the guy who wanted to catch Ash's Pikachu, and then after realizing that it was already caught, proceeded to challenge Ash to a battle with his Raichu, who proceeds to decimate Pikachu completely, causing him to think about evolving. Favorite new episode, not counting the aforementioned Dawnification*

Yes, the bastards who make the anime give Ash and his damned Pk ChuPikachu all the time in the light, for example: Ash vs Jun/Pearl
Ash begins with Chimchar, Jun starts off with Staraptor, here we'd be assuming Staraptor would win, as it was fully evolved, unlike Chimchar, yet it faints after TWO effin' attacks or something.
Jun sends out Roserade, which BEATS THE CRAP out of Chimchar, the fourth most satisfying scene in that episode.
Ash sends out Gliscor, which begins beating up Roserade/vice versa, both of them faints.
Ash sends out who else then Pikachu, while Jun sends out Empoleon, Empoleon faints after like, three attacks or something. Seriously, Empoleon have like 101 SP defence or something, so why would it lose?

Another thing annoying as heck is the stupid decisions of the trainers to not fully evolve their pokémon. like this for example: in the future episodes, the dumbfuck Dawn gives her Piplup a Everstone, FOR WHAT POSSIBLE GOOD REASON?!

they should just kill of the current anime and began making anime based on the manga instead, as it's ten times more epic then the current shit.

Oh god yes. It's horrorfying.

It's now a small, small children show. I mean, the original was an awesome kid show, one you'd keep watching as a teenager like Courage the Cowardly Dog, Teen Titans, and Tom & Jerry. After the first 1-3 seasons, it was just horrible, friendship and teamwork and shit. I mean, Ash won't EVER shutup about how you should treat your Pokemon with love, and bond with the people you meet. Stfu Ash. >.< He always makes somone his rival, even if they don't want to be. The Ash/Gary rivalry was gold. He also assumes a new team of Pokemon for each region. I don't see the point; it's good he trains new Pokemon, but does he have to leave all his others behind? Ash has to be the most annoying character ever. And why the fuck won't he evolve his Pokemonz? The new voice acting utterly sucks. Meowth, Ash, Team Rocket... horrible. They have a new chick every region, and Brock is still here.

/rant

Also, the new rival dude is a fay-get.

^I really hope you mean Shinji/Paul, because if you meant Jun I'll find your house and run over you with a giant cheese grater one wheels.

Who?

I looked him up, and now I know hoe you're talking about. I didn't know he was in the anime. Has he been aired in America yet? I would actually watch this show a couple of times to see him. He would be a real rival.

Ugg, he admires Paul? Wtf?

Yeah, I don't mind that, as the rival in D/P/Pt was so badass I wanted to become gay huggle him.
Also, I love how he gets a total freakout in his Platinum animation. *Doesn't have Platinum due the desertion of Europe*

The fact that the show started out so good, but then Pokemon USA made it gay.

Hmm? Please explain how it's possible for a television show to have a sexuality...

Anyway, I don't really watch the anime any more, so I can't have an opinion on it. The few recent episodes I've watched, however to seem pretty facepalm-able in the fact that they always have some clichéd tacky moral about friendship and all that, and how no matter what happens Ash's low-stage Pokémon always manage to pull off some high-powered move they probably shouldn't be able to, thus immediately defeating any Pokémon they come across, no matter how powerful it is.

Yeah, I don't mind that, as the rival in D/P/Pt was so badass I wanted to become gay huggle him.

Don't use huggling for EVIL!
Yeah, I hate Paul. I'd much rather Gary as the main character, at least he isn't a stuck-up prick anymore, plus he has a fucking Nidoqueen.

Back
Top Bottom