• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What was your first ever Pokémon game?

Re: What was your first ever Pokémon game?

Although my cousin gave my sister Blue, and we both eventually played and owned it, and having rented Gold, my first game that I owned myself was Pokemon Sapphire. Perhaps a big reason I love the third generation xD

My very first Pokemon game came to me when my father purchased for me a GameBoy Color. I remember it well. My GameBoy was yellow, and the game matched: Pokemon Yellow, Pikachu addition.
I loved it. Pikachu followed you around outside of the Pokeball, just like Ash in the episodes. It was back before that was in any game except for that one, and I always felt so special. XD
However, it was lost when I lost my Gameboy. *believes it was stolen*
After that I moved on to Pokemon Stadium for the Nintendo 64, followed by Pokemon Puzzle League and Pokemon Snap.
I still want "Hey you, Pikachu,"

My first were Red and Blue. I got both and a purple see-through Gameboy Color for my birthday my kindergarten year (I'm too tired to do the math lol), but I played Blue a lot more. At the time I liked Blastoise a lot more for some reason...

Last edited:

blue mystery dungeon. i got it for Christmas with my Nintendo.
also, 100TH POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leafgreen. yeeeeaah.... how the hell Idk. Unless Mustery Dungeon and Pinball count.

Ruby. I restarted it what felt like a thousand times before I finally settled on a Torchic. The beautiful resulting Blaziken now resides in my Platinum and soon-to-be Black version.

Silver Version was the first game I remember playing (I literally cried when I deleted my pweshious Typhwosion on accident), but I'm vaguely sure that I had a Blue Version at some point, although that may have been at the same time or after Silver.

Technically, my first game was Pokemon Snap... but Gold version was my first main series game so I usually consider that my first. :/

Yellow. I think I got it when I was 6 or something.
I remember my Pikachu being Lv. 36 when I beat the Pokemon league. I didn't want to put it in the box because of that big dramatic sad noise it made when I put it there, so I grudgingly kept it with me for the whole game ._.
Stupid Pikachu, frustrating 6-year-olds...
I think my second game was stadium at some kids house.. 3rd was either snap or a rom of crystal my dad downloaded for me..

Sapphire.

I was at the Pokemon Tour 2003, where I proceeded to freak the supervisor people by playing it nonstop for several hours (eventually my dad went shopping while I played). I was absolutely hooked, having wanted to play it for so, so long.

I'd played Blue very briefly before that, but Sapphire was the first one I properly played and the first one that I owned, when my dad bought me it much later. And it holds a ridiculous amount of nostalgia and love from me. :3

Gold. I had gotten it when I was about 6. I didn't beat any Pokemon game until about 2007, with LeafGreen.

Crystal, though I overtrained my Feraligatr xD However, my silings let me play Gold, Yellow, and Red!

I got Blue version for Christmas of '98. I even remember the team I first used to beat the E4.

CHARIZARDGRAVELERMAGMARARTICUNOZAPDOSMOLTRES

What an uber-n00b I was. I even called my cousin up to tell him when I beat the game, since I knew he had Red. Still not sure to this day why I had Magmar on there. It never did a thing for me.

I had Yellow, on the GBA SP.
It was my first game EVER, along with a Kirby game with those blocks you have to break...

Mine was Yellow. It gave me my utter love for Pikachu...which was quickly replaced by Shaymin in the 4th Generation, and Serperior in the 5th.

Back
Top Bottom