• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What was your first ever Pokémon game?

Re: What was your first ever Pokémon game?

Yellow, and happy to see lots of others had it as their first too. :)

I've been the proud owner of one game from every generation of Pokemon game ever since, up to Platinum. I never did get around to buying HG/SS or B/W. Probably should, all these kids talking about their Garbadours and Reshiramses, dunno what in tarnation they be prattlin' on aboot.

My first Pokemon game was Red Version. Ahhh, I felt so good when I caught Mew and Mewtwo. =)

*sigh* I'm probably the most pathetic one yet. Platinum.
I'm 16 and should've played red or yellow, but all I had was like 90 tcg cards. I didn't even know that rby or gsc existed until... well, way later. All we had when I was little was a playstation, I wasn't even allowed to use it since I "was too young". We got a computer for christmas. Somehow I managed to screw something up and wasn't allowed to use that either. All I did was watch recorded disneytimes and pokemon episodes. Well, I got older, started to work for my dad and actually got like 200€, spent it all on a couple of christmas presents for myself when I was like 14; A dsi and platinum version. Seriously, my motivation for working (and it wasn't a an all too pleasant job, mind you) was one thing: I would get that Platinum version.

After that I got a Heartgold in the summer of 2010, I really wanted SS more but the store where out of those, damnit :/ wonderful game anyway. And then I got White pretty much the first day we got it here in Finland :D But I don't have wifi so a lot of things are worthless *coughwhiteforestcough* Now I feel pathetic ;_;

You are not pathetic!
I think you are awesome!
Working for getting what you want is awesome
And mi second Pkmn game was Black...
Yes, from Red Fire to Black~ and then I played all the others

Ya know, I'm glad we got Emulators. Now I can relive my old Pokemon Red moments ^^

If you want to relive moments in the older games an emulator is the best choice. The batteries in the old cartridges die after a few years of prolonged use, something which isn't an issue with a ROM (obviously). There are ways of replacing the batteries but barely anyone has an old GB or GBC anymore so the emulators are still the best bet.

I recently played Yellow in VBA, didn't like it very much because the only strong Pokémon I had were the ones Ash uses, and Alakazam. In Blue I used to make Gary's team (which IMO kicked ass), plus a Jolteon or some electric Pokémon instead of Alakazam (though I really should replace the grass type with Alakazam, or the flying type with either Articuno or Zapdos). Back them I didn't know the top tier of RBY, for example, Tauros is probably the best or second best Pokémon in RBY overall but I barely used it, if at all. Ironically I've always had a hard time against Tauros in the Stadium games...

The first Pokemon game I ever played was Pokemon Stadium. We rented it once or twice around the time it came out. The first Pokemon game I owned was Silver, when I was 6. I asked for it and a Gameboy Color for Christmas. And a cat. I didn't get the cat, but I FINALLY HAD A POKEMON GAME

I like to pretend my first game was the Yellow version I got from my boyfriend for Christmas this year because I'm embarrassed that my first game was actually Sapphire (well if you want to be precise Pokémon Pinball, but...) when I'm old enough to be of the generation that played a first-gen game first.

I didn't almost cry with happiness upon beating the Champion in Sapphire.

My very first game was Pokemon Sapphire. Now I have Ruby, Firered, Emerald, and all others. But it all started with my Sapphire, which I still have.

Poor you who started in 3rd gen, you missed all the awesomeness of the rumours and the crude mechanics of the first two!

HGSS is my favourite. You're technically in 4th gen, but you're also in Johto. How awesome is that? HGSS is everything that GSC should've been, and more!

Every generation, I think is amazing, so much polished than the last game. And then the next game comes out and I think the same thing. It's just a never-ending cycle...

Every generation, I think is amazing, so much polished than the last game. And then the next game comes out and I think the same thing. It's just a never-ending cycle...

Unless you're a nostalgic old fart like me who always wants to relive old moments in the games...

The times when I avidly played Gold in my GBC daily and all my RL friends were into Pokémon were some of the best in my life.

Well, actually Sapphire was my first "real" game. The first of all Pokemon games was the ShadowBlack version which I am not sure if that was a legal "real" game.

Also, you know you can play GSC online now for free...

The first game I got was Red. I had to buy a Gameboy at the same time, as I didn't have one.

Pokemon Gold was my first game. Though, like most children at the time, I was introduced by both the TV show, and the card game.

Plus I was too young to get R/B/Y at their respective times, at least according to my parents. I do remember watching the commercial for Yellow though.

My first was Yellow, although I do believe I didn't get anywhere near the end of it. My six- or seven-year-old attention span couldn't handle it. (Even nowadays it's a challenge!)

Back
Top Bottom