• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open When the Worlds Need Us

((I apologize if I go missing at any time. My schedule has been tight lately, and as August approaches, it'll only get tighter))

Zero had nothing much else to add at this point...he just listened to everyone's conversations and would rather not get caught up in one of the various arguments. When a consensus was finally reached to use this "space-bridge" thing, Zero thought It's about time. We SERIOUSLY need to get moving.

As the massive bolt came his way, Zero closed his eyes, planted his feet, took a deep breath, and braced for impact. Nothing much he could do now but stay still and wait for arrival.

Lightning? She had to get zapped by lightning?

I would have much rather be teleported by the child who could fly. Gohan, I think his name was.

Clara watched as the others got struck, some wincing slightly but still being stiff.

I've been thunderpunched before. It won't hurt that bad.

After the lightning hit the others, they were gone, probably at 2fort but Clara couldn't help seeing a pile of ashes, probably made up.

I've been thundershocked too. It'll just be a slightly more painful version of that. But being thundershocked sucked.

Lightning bolts zapped out and hit Clara, making her disappear into space.

Wasn't that bad at all! Barely as painful as a thundershock!

The charmeleon reappeared above 2fort, crashing down and landing painfully on her chest.

Never. Again.

Clara grumbled as she got up and dusted herself off.

Cecill cringed as the lightning bolt hit his armor, causing a tingling sensation. A flash of blue later, he was standing on solid ground again. It's like Hyperspace without the spaceship... He thought. "Disengage Lock-Down" The magnets shut off. He stretched, then drew his pistol and set it to stun. Replacing his pistol, he looked around for the sniper who was supposed to negotiate.

Bonecrusher and Ravage were thrown right through the Space Bridge after being struck by the bolts. Once they appeared back at two-fort, both Cybertronians were thrown through the air. Bonecrusher managed to land without any major damge, and Ravage was able to avoid a violent landing at all by shifting to his reentry mode after being thrown out of the portal. From there, he flew to the ground and shifted back to his normal form.

"I don't care how many times we do that," Bonecrusher mused, "I will always despise Space Bridge travel."

"Hey, it always gets us wherever we need to go," Ravage said, "And now we're here... wherever here might be."

Last edited:
Flandre let out a short scream as the lightning hit her, but before she could process what happened she opened her eyes to find she was hovering just above the dusty ground near a covered bridge between two large buildings, one red and one blue. Subconsiously, she was able to break her fall in time, it seemed.

"Weird..." she said, shaking her head rapidly. "Must be some kind of workshop..." she said as she looked at the blue side. She turned to the red end, "...Unless it's a farm..."

KOS-MOS hit the ground with a thud. She got up and looked around, taking in her surroundings. There were 2 installations, one red and one blue, the blue one being behind KOS-MOS. A covered bridge connected the two sides, spanning a pool of water.

Caeda opened her eyes to find herself on top of the covered bridge, on her pegasus, who seemed to have survived.
"Ow...", still hurting a bit from whatever got her here, she asked, "Is this it? Did were arrive at the right place?"

"No shelia, this is 2Fort."

Sniper folds his arms and smiles up at the bases, the dust in the air finally settling. He wasn't sure what the light show was all about, but it did bring them back to 2Fort to look for these gear things. He then chuckles as a thought struck him.

"Hopefully the gears aren't in the Engineer workshops...speaking of which, I should get to work. You lot stay here, I'll get the REDs to back down for now"

He then starts to look around a bit, as if waiting for something. After some time, he started to see the first sign of a Red blur. He holds his arm arm and catches the boy by the waist, lifting him up over his shoulder.

"Hello Scout. Mind doing me a favour. I'm going to see if the BLUs will be up for a ceasefire for the day. You see, these civilians here are looking for some special that may or may not be on either bases. Think you can spread the word in the RED base that we need a ceasefire?"

"The fuck man! Sniper, when did you get back and why the hell did want to come back?!"

Sniper sighed and jostled the boy, causing the teen to have the wind knocked out of him. After a few times of this, the speed demon agreed and was released. With the teen's speedy retreat back into the base, he turns on his heel and starts to walk toward the BLU base. He pulls the Razorback from his back and lifts it above him to block the incoming arrow.

"BLU Sniper. I'm here to talk about a ceasefire. If possible, is your Soldier around to chat too?"

"...Ceasefire? Well, I could use a break...as for the Soldier, well, he's somewhere inside looking for his high powered rockets."

"Many thanks."

Sniper smiles and looks to the BLU's entrance, lowering his shield and placing it back onto his back. He then cups his hands on either side of his mouth and grinned a Dingo-like grin.

"Solly! Come out come out wherever you are. I have a deal to make with you, Mate!"

((YES! By Moon-Panther's request, I'm going to be playing the NPC part of BLU Soldier! This is gonna be good!))

Muffled yelling could be heard from the BLU base. "DAMMIT, MEN! YOU'RE NOT LOOKING HARD ENOUGH! IF I DON'T SEE MY BEST ROCKETS IN TWO MINUTES I SWEAR TO GOD I'LL..."

The gruff voice went silent right after the Sniper had called into the base. The sound of heavy bootsteps drew nearer and nearer to the door of the base until they revealed themselves in the form of a large, rough-looking man in a blue uniform that looked as if it was thrown together by a military fanboy rather than a real soldier. Despite this, his size, combined with the massive rocket launcher he was balancing on one shoulder, made him fairly intimidating, though the oversized helmet dangling over his face made him look a bit silly.

With his other hand, he tilted the helmet up out of his face, revealing a pair of massive, crazed-looking blue eyes. He stared in disbelief.

"SNIPER! WHAT THE HELL IS THIS? WHO ARE ALL THESE FREAKS?"

Flandre giggled. "So you're Solly!"

Soldier shot her a sharp glare, not caring that she was a child. Flandre looked away, hurt. "...that wasn't nice..."

((That's a terrible edit of the rocket launcher in that pic, but it's the best full-body shot of the BLU Soldier I could find otherwise))

Last edited:
"Now now Solly, no need to be rude to the small girl. She's a very curious Shelia. As for the people here with me...well, they are here for a very unique mission. You see, there is this world ending device that needs to be destroyed...and t has been, sort of. I'm not too sure about all this, all I know is that we are looking for these special gears that are from the device in order to keep them out of the enemy hands...a much larger enemy."

Sniper then grinned and walks over to the BLU, slinging an arm around his shoulders and placing the other hand on his arm and pats it.

"Now Solly....we need a little co-operation from you. You see, I was hoping that we could have a little ceasefire so we don't have to have the trigger happy androids here to cause a even more full out war. That would just be unfair in battle since we have the the upper hand here with our respawn system and your...great war tactics. They wouldn't stand much of a chance. So how about it? Can we have a ceasefire for the civilians here, please?"

Soldier's eyes still darted back and forth between the very strange group that stood before him, yet his attention was on Sniper's words. This business about world-ending and gears and such that Sniper was talking about didn't make a damn lick of sense to him, but yet he was compelled to listen to him anyway. This Sniper wasn't one to talk bull.

As Sniper put his arm around him he was again drawn into the conversation, feeling a surge of pride as Sniper stroked his delusions. He could see it now, him, one boot pressed down on one of those big robots' fallen corpses as he leaned over him triumphantly, a true war hero...

...but unfortunately that wasn't going to happen, what with what Sniper had said about the end of the world and all.

"Goddamnsissycivilians...nowifthiswas/my/warthingswouldbedifferent..." He stomped back into the base. A cacophony of multi-national accents soon exploded from within.

"LISTEN UP LADIES! WE'VE GOT SOME CIVILIANS OUTSIDE AND WE DON'T NEED TO BE TRAMPLING THEM! I HEREBY CALL A CEASEFIRE FOR TODAY!"

"...Vhat? But, Herr Soldier..."

"NO QUESTIONS! KEEP YOUR GUNS DOWN! THE FIRST MAGGOT I SEE WHO SO MUCH AS FIRES AT A RED WILL FIND MY BOOT IN THEIR ASS!"

"Soldier, dis ees so unlike you. You take blow to head again?"

"I SAID NO QUESTIONS! YOU'RE ASKING FOR A SECTION 8, PRIVATE!"

This loud, frenzied diplomacy continued for a while, but eventually the BLU team begrudgingly accepted. Soldier stepped back out, a grimace on his face.

"This had better be worth it..." he growled.

---

Flandre turned to Sniper. "Your friend sure is loud..."

Last edited:
Sniper licked one of his fangs when Solly stomped off, glancing over at the small girl with a grin.

"Friend...yes, yes, my friend is loud. But he means...ok, he doesn't mean well but he's ok none the less."

He then turns his attention back to Solly and smiles, wrapping his arm back around his shoulder again.

"Oh thank you Solly. It will be worth it in the end. Once I come back to fight, I'll tell you all the stories of the other worlds. Hell, I may act out a few things. Also, once I get back we can get back to playing our little games, how does that sound, Mate?"

Soldier lowered his head, tipping his helmet low over his face, suddenly aware of the dozens of eyes cast upon him.

"Dammit, Sniper..." he cursed, sounding annoyed. Under his breath he added "soundsgood..."

He stood up arrow-straight, regaining his forceful posture quickly and tilted his helmet aggressively to the mass of strange creatures. He waved his rocket launcher for good measure.

"Now if you'll excuse me, I got a bunch of rowdy maggots that need to be kept in line! You all had better stay out of trouble too. I've killed over 6,000 men, and I would LOVE to find an excuse to add to that number!" Giving one last glance at Sniper, he raced back into the base, where there was soon heard more commotion.

---

Flandre looked puzzled. Why did Sniper like this guy? He's kind of mean, and scary too..., she thought. He must have his reasons, so she left it at that.

Last edited:
Caeda jumped down from the top of the bridge, her pegasus following.
"Now, you be good, OK?", Caeda told it, "Some people here seem to be very... irritable."
She then turned to Sniper, "You, ah, work with some interesting people. But anyway, I guess you solved that issue? Are we free to search now?"

"A scan of the immediate area does not reveal any sign of the cogs.", KOS-MOS reported, "Suggest searching the water and the installations next."

"Well, she's awfully enthusiastic.", Caeda remarked.

"You know," Ravage said to the machine/female fleshling, "Bonecrusher and I have been... theorizing about the gears prior to meeting you all. From what we and... others have gathered, the gears are able to completely hide themselves from basic scans... or at least that is our guess. What I recommend we do is that we split up. Bonecrusher has volunteered make a sweep of the area in both modes-" This was interrupted by a burst of Cybertronian from the latter "-while I will enter one of those buildings and look through."

Bonecrusher gave the mechanical equivalent of a sigh. Ravage had spouted off information that only the Constructicons knew (granted, they were only basic theories, but vital information nonetheless) and at this early point in the proceedings, they had to be careful to hide the most vital details - ones that would allow them to find other purposes for the machine.

At least he didn't mention what we saw that got us involved... that would not end well.

Zero materialized again. For a split second, he thought he was on solid ground, but then he noticed he was actually in midair, and dropped to the ground with a thud. . Dammit, that hurt. Hope I don't have to go through that kind of travel again anytime soon.

Zero observed his surroundings. Quite an interesting place. He overheard the android thing say something about searching the water. "Well, I got two Pokemon that can swim, and I have a small breathing apparatus with me, so I'll gladly search underwater. Anyone wanna come with me?"

"Underwater?" Cecill inquired. "Sure, why the hell not? I need the swimming practice anyway." Cecill nodded. He hadn't been diving for several months, and this seemed a pretty good place to practice. He took off his armor and weapons and piled them on the floor. Wearing just his flightsuit and boots made it alot easier to move around. He reached for his backpack and pulled from it an Aqualung. He juggled it from one hand to another, waiting to see if he'd need to grab the other one as well. "Anyone else coming with us?"

"I will begin searching underwater.", KOS-MOS said.
She then went and jumped into the water, and began searching the floor for any signs of the cogs.

"Well... Then I'll check out one of the buildings.", Caeda said, "How about... what one?", she added, indicating the RED base, "Would you mind leading the way, Sniper? Or anybody from around here?"

As the light ahead grew larger Arctus braced himself for a landing, as he shot through the hole the light blinded him for half a second. he flew through the air looking around the rest of the group was gathered on the bridge and one of them jumped into the water. "Gah, looks like im late," he focused on the upcoming wall as he came into contact and he transformed into a shadow. He glided across the floor and up the walls to meet with the group on the bridge. As he flowed out of the bridge he thought he heard one or two people gasp, "So, what i miss?"

Last edited:
The kid with shadow-powers materialised from the roof of the bridge. "Oh, not much. However," he pointed at the pile of armor and weapons on one side of the bridge. "break my stuff, I WILL kill you. Capeesh?" Cecill turned to the water. "I'm gunna regret this!" He shoved the Aqualung into his snout and dived off the edge of the bridge. Freaking hell it's cold he thought as he scanned the bottom of the river. Twice, he thought he saw some red flashes, but when he neared it was just rust. Ah well, better keep searching.

((Also, River, some people might consider that to be godmodding, the bit where you say "he heard one or two people gasp". So yeah. But you may want to ask a DM, I was just sayin))

Sniper glanced over at Pyro, patting him on the shoulder.

"Pyro could lead you into the RED Base, I'll go into the BLU base with whomever wants to come. Tip though, ask the Engineer if he has come across any odd gears. Might prove to bear fruit."

Sniper then turns and starts for the BLU base, slipping his hand into his pockets*

Back
Top Bottom