• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Who's the REAL poke-god?

Who's the REAL Poke-god?

• Arceus

Votes: 53 67.1%
  • Mew

Votes: 26 32.9%

• Total voters
No, no, no...

The Magikarp is the true Pokegod. It only took one splash to create the universe and one splash to create all Pokemon. You can only find this mystical being by having all legendary Pokemon (except Celebi, Mew, Deoxys, and Arceus), and fire Hyper Beam Straight up into the air while they all are close to eachother (like all in one spot). Then 13 Deoxys will decend from space and call forth Celebi. Celebi will then warp time and take you to the Palace of all Universal elements, which is only accessable by time travel. Once you enter, you will find Mew floating right below the top of the celing and Arceus right below Mew on the ground. Both of them will be meditating. Then Celebi will wake them up and then vanish. Mew and Arceus will then lead you down a very long hall. At the end of the hall is a massive door. Mew and Arceus will then use mystical powers to open the door. Then they too shall teleport away. In front of you is a long very bright stair case. You climb up to the very top of the staircase to find another door. You can actually open this one, so you do. When you walk inside you will find The Magikarp. It is very big and will be floating above the universe. Now you can make a choice. Do you want to just talk to it ,or do you want to battle it and possibly catch it proving that you are the best Pokemon Master? You choose to battle it. It tells you to send out your whole team out at once to make it a seemingly fair fight. You tell all of your Pokemon to attack it with their most powerful attacks. It barely holds on. It uses SPLASH and it obliterates your whole team. You are warped back to Earth with all of your Pokemon back. Now you can tell everyone about your epic adventure and not believed by anyone.

All the pokedex entries say is that Mew is a mirage-like, highly intelligent pokemon from South America. It is never stated that it is the ancestor.

R/S: Mew is said to possess the genetic composition of all Pokémon.
E: A Mew is said to possess the genes of all Pokémon.
DP: many scientists believe Mew to be the ancestor of Pokémon.

No total assertion. Of course, the same can be said for Arceus...

Considering Satoshi Tajiri is from Japan, and religion in Japan is generally Shintoism or Bhuddhism, which draws heavily on worshiping nature. This aspect can be seen a couple of times in the anime, I believe. And that would make the most sense - that there is no god but that there is a spirit or energy that can be drawn from nature and, in this world's case, pokemon.

Mew was part of the originals!And I like Time Psyduck's theroy,too!But if Arceus DID create mew,who created Arceus?I guess the same could be said for Mew,though.

Mew is not even god-like. -_- It's not a god, it is the ancestor of all pokemon. Kind of like the first single-cell amoeba, only cuter and pink. :3

I think Arceus is the real god, not Mew, because Mew was supposed to just be the ancestor of the Pokemon except perhaps ledgendarys, not everything in the Pokemon world, but Arceus created everything, time and space (Dialga/Palkia respectively), land/sea/sky (Groudon/Kyogre/Raquaza) etc. Also, it created Mew to create the Pokemon, so obviously it is a higher "rank" than Mew.

Last edited:
Arceus_02.gif

Not so godly now!

The Pokedex says it existed before the universe existed, which must mean it created the universe, then created Mew, then Mew created all of the other Pokemon. I'm going to say Arceus.

The pokemon god is Missingno, and I have several evidences as to why.

1. He can actually demonstrate his creation powers in-game by making lv. 70 Rapidashs, Venomoths, and Snorlaxs appearing in the ocean, as well as giving you infinite of any item you give him.
2. He knows all moves at the same time.
3. Unlike Arceus, who can only be in games that recieve him via hack or event, Missingno is in all Reds and Blues whether you like it or not.
4. Like Alexi said, Arceus is no god because you can catch him in a cheap man-made ball, after which he'll be forced to obey your every command. Meanwhile, Missingno might completely screw-up your game if you try defying (capturing) him.

So, omnipotence, omniscience, omnipresence, and punishment for sinning against him? Sounds like the poke-god to me.

Um, you know, Missingno. isn't actualy a Pokemon, right? It's a glitch in the code. So... It can't be the 'Pokegod'?

Um, you know, Missingno. isn't actualy a Pokemon, right? It's a glitch in the code. So... It can't be the 'Pokegod'?

SHUN THE NON-BELIEVER!!! SSSSSSHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!

Besides, Arceus is NOT the pokegod, and I can almost prove it: in the Dex entry, it says "It is described/told in mythology as..." Now, look at that one word: MYTHOLOGY. If you describe something as "mythology," it means that you don't believe it, and that means that the in-game people who made the dex don't believe it themselves!! So, if the ONLY source of this "Arceus is pokegod" nonsense is saying that it's source is false, it's more likely that Arceus was just another really strong legendary, and while the people in Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn had never heard of it, several Sinnohians started forming cults around it.

Right okay, so now ALL MYTHOLOGY IS A LIE!!!!!!? That makes sense. ?_?

Arceus.

What I'm saying is that if a person refers to something as mythology, they personally don't believe it, and since the ONLY thing refering to Arceus as pokegod is saying it doesn't really believe it, then there's very little evidence to Arceus being pokegod.

Back
Top Bottom