• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Wiimote rip-off

Lucas₇₅₅

Screw the rules, I have green hair!
Pronoun
he
I saw this thing in a TV ad that was a rip-off of a Wiimote! Right down to the buttons and shape! But it plugged into a PC. Maybe Nintendo should sue, for all they're getting sued for.

Lol, they really should sue.

Actually, one time the was something call a Vii. It looked pretty much like a Wii and it was a total-rip off. xD

I saw that thing. Called Styx or something like that?

Anyway, yeah.

Nintendo will probably sue. Not so much for motion sensing, but the company did take a lot of guidance from the Wii. The remote and play are exactly the same as the Wii. Making the ripoff play Flash games really won't change that.

The design of the wiimote is.

I guess.
you mean a long stick with buttons? like this?

old-remote.jpg

hmm, I guess our definitions of "original" differ :)

No, it had the exact same button layout and remote shape. Down to the curve on the back and the B button.
It was like they took a Wii remote and added some colors in different places.

I saw that thing. Called Styx or something like that?
Where?

So where is a picture/video of this rip-off? I just want to see if it looks like a Wii-mote like you said.

Yeah, I saw it actually on TV. In a commercial.

That's right make a Wiimote ripoff, and also show it on TV.

They're basically screaming to Nintendo: "Sue us!"

Reminds me of the Dr. Boy.

Things like this will always pop up. I remember one of those X Games in 1 things that was shaped like an N64 controller. Besides, I think Nintendo will worry more about third party designers. I hear the first third party Wiimote is coming out soon. Brace for shitty Wiimote performance.

I still like the Game Boy ripoff, Cool Boy...

I just saw a commercial about two minutes ago, my mom and I are having the time of our lives, laughing at that article.

(Cookies if you get that.)

Vii=Uber-Fail
*Facepalms*
ETA: This too. V-Sports? COME ON!

That said:
Catch Fish - a fishing game
Fry Egg - a Cooking Mama clone
Free Craps
Great game names =3

The shop in my village has/had something that looks suspiciously like a Wii ripoff... it's called the Zon3 or something. It's about £40 and I assume all the games are programmed onto it or something. So you can get tired of them and that's it =D Judging by how long Wii Sports lasted me, I don't expect that'll be a huge seller.

Back
Top Bottom