• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Wonder Trade

Dar

oops, did it again
Pronoun
they
What do you think of it? Personally, I love Wonder Trade. Currently my entire team consists of Wonder Trade Pokémon.

So far my favorite I've gotten is Santa, a Jolly Delibird holding a Dome Fossil. It made my day. Thanks Facade <3

It's a neat feature! I've been passing along Scatterbugs and got a few cool things (like a BABY PANCHAM WITH A PERFECT ATTACK IV)

I've now gotten five different Pokémon with Hidden Abilities :D

I think I may use Wonder Trade too much.

The first time I used it I felt bad because I gave away a Basculin, but then I got a Magikarp back anyway.

Wonder Trade is so cool! and it's implemented really well.

Wonder Trade is the best.

I love that you can do really silly things, like catch, nickname a bunch of Slowpoke, get a bunch of somewhat neat Pokémon in return, and then decide to level up all the neat Pokémon until they evolve.

I've been fairly impressed with how generous people are. I mean, it'd be really easy to just trade route 1 flooder, but I've gotten cool things like starters and version exclusives. Route 1 flooder does happen, of course, but I was expecting something kind of like GTS's "Bidoof for Arceus" problem.

Wonder Trade Nuzlockes sound like a lot of fun too.

On the 25th I Wonder Traded almost two full boxes of Sewaddle and got some interesting stuff. By far Eevee was the most common, but I also got some Bank-exclusive things; Mudkip, Stantler, and Oshawott. That was very nice of those people. I want to do this again sometime, but I dunno what else might be cool.

It's useful, and it lets me get rid of all of the pokémon that I IV Bred but weren't quite good enough, and get something that, at the very least, gives me another ID number for the Estival Avenue raffle.

Is it possible to get hacked Pokémon in gen 6 yet?

The fact that I got a 4IV speed boost Torchic with a decent nature seems too good to be true

Is it possible to get hacked Pokémon in gen 6 yet?

The fact that I got a 4IV speed boost Torchic with a decent nature seems too good to be true

That doesn't seem all that unlikely. If you're breeding 5IV Pokémon, you'll likely end up with a surplus of 4IV Pokémon that are perfect for wonder trading.

Has bank been opened yet? Because if it hasn't, and there isn't some way to get Lati@s that I don't know about, the Latios I got could be hacked.

Yep, it has.

I've never used Wonder Trade because I'm scared of getting Bunnelby or something like that. Since my DS has been busted since October, I can't really say much about the WT scene now.

That doesn't seem all that unlikely. If you're breeding 5IV Pokémon, you'll likely end up with a surplus of 4IV Pokémon that are perfect for wonder trading.

I guess, yeah, I've been giving a bunch of my 5IV Eevees away with it as well.

Has bank been opened yet? Because if it hasn't, and there isn't some way to get Lati@s that I don't know about, the Latios I got could be hacked.
Bank has been out for quite a while now, so your Latios is probably ok (though it could have been hacked in the previous games it was transferred from, but... you can never truly know).
If it has legit seeming stats and everything it might very well be just an average lil' Lati someone didn't need.

At first I was skeptical about the whole thing, (My friend and I at first saw it as a 'bidoof dispersion system') but it was one of those weird things that works better than you would think. I think it's because people are surprisingly generous. I haven't really encountered anything incredibly special, but I have received quite a few good pokemon with dream abilities, good IVs, etc. And it feels surprisingly good to give away good pokemon that you have a surplus of rather than just releasing them.

Also the prospect of wonderlockes and wonder trade only runs seem really really interesting and are something I definitely want to try out as soon as I am able to get my free copy of X.

Last edited:
Wonder Trade is actually kind of fun (I just wish it was possible to rename traded Pokémon) - I recently traded a Venipede and got a level 5 Ralts in exchange. Then I traded that Ralts and got a level 30 Skorupi. 8D

I love giving Pokémon funny nicknames before I trade them. XD Somebody out there has a Venipede called Scuttlebutt right now, courtesy of yours truly.

A friend of mine managed to score a shiny level 100 Latios via wonder trade. I told her it was most likely hacked but she didn't care.

A friend of mine managed to score a shiny level 100 Latios via wonder trade. I told her it was most likely hacked but she didn't care.
I'm generally not okay with hacked Pokémon but on the other hand, if I get it over wonder trade or the GTS I'm at least comfortable in knowing it can evade being detected by those systems.

My sister got a shiny Kyurem.

Whoever hacked it was having a blast because it had 0 IVs in EVERYTHING EXCEPT DEFENSE.

My mom, on the other hand, has been collecting shinies galore off of it.

I haven't gotten anything good. *sigh*

I haven't found much, though 4-5 IV Pokemon are surprisingly common. I did get a Lv. 100 gengar the other day, perfectly trained, but it's ivs were terrible. I've gotten a shiny wurmple, nicknamed, and in a moon ball, so I'm going to assume it's legitimate, though I can't be sure. (were wurmple available post-game in hg/ss?) My friend did get a good IV shiny gastly, though, so I'm a bit jealous.

Back
Top Bottom