• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Would you make a good parent?

I will consider myself a failure of an aunt if I don't manage to convince adorable little Mia that she is a snapping turtle by the time she is seven.

Funny story.

My dad, as a kid, managed to convince a neighbor boy something similar. Except instead of 'you are a snapping turtle' it was just 'your name is actually Joey.'

All the same. He got the kid to totally ignore his parents after a while because he thought they were just so old they forgot his name was actually joey.

Possibly. However, the real question here is not whether I'd make a good parent, but if I'd make a parent at all. The answer to which is "no".

Last edited:
My dad, as a kid, managed to convince a neighbor boy something similar. Except instead of 'you are a snapping turtle' it was just 'your name is actually Joey.'

At least a name doesn't look like anything, unlike a snapping turtle.

Funny story.

All the same. He got the kid to totally ignore his parents after a while because he thought they were just so old they forgot his name was actually joey.

That is epic and I love your dad.

That is epic and I love your dad.

Inorite. He did a lot of magically kid-like stuff. Like stealing a neighbor kid's real parachute (dad was an army dude or whatever) and jumping off the roof with it.

Funny thing, it didn't go off.

BUT BACK TO THE TOPIC AT HAND.

I'd be a good parent to a child of >= 5 years; I plan to adopt. I'd probably be an okay parent to a younger kid too, but I'd hate it.

They're cute as long as they don't wake you up/puke everywhere/cry constantly.

Basically, they're adorable as long as they don't belong to you X3

I dunno. It would depend what mood I was in.

Some days it'd be like:
"Look Daddy, I drew you a picture! ^________________________^"
"Aww, that's so cute!"

And others it'd be:
"Look Daddy, I drew another one!"
"Daddy's busy with the crap life keeps throwing at him right now. Piss off."

In other words, no xD

Were I to actually have a child(doubtful, considering I probably will never marry), I probably wouldn't treat it any better than my evil stepdad does me. Basically, I'd be mean and angry to them, insult them for their general stupidity and weakness, and stuff of that nature. Then again, I might refuse to treat them anything like that, just because I remembered that treatment, and be a good father... But that all depends on how my personality changes in the coming years.

Back
Top Bottom