• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Ymo's art-thread (Heavy images(?))

Blastoise should look awesome as it always does...

Also, Something I forgot, how do you want me to give credit? I was thinking of doing it like this...

p.s. the banner will look much better than that when finished: trust me, it'll be great.

Actually Ymo is my preferred alias, but since it's used by a lot of other people too, you can use Ymedron.

I don't know if you'll like wartortle and blastoise, I have mixed feelings about those. <8D

The banner looks good. :3 (tho the bottom puzzles me, but that's okay. :P)

OK I'll do that

I haven't seen wartortle/ blastoise yet... but I do like squirtle

what is it that puzzles you?

Well, it just abruptly ends. I was expecting some sort of a border for the flame, but again, it's not a problem. :P

Hmmm... I'd rather have it end than have to resize it alot... The abrupt ending will probably look better when the page is full?

I was wondering, why does the title say "heavy images" - is it because you colour them quite intensely or something?

well no-one else seems to want to say anything so please can you draw me the aforementioned FireChao? I'd like some drawings to put on specific pages...

please could these drawings be more cartoony/ fun:

-FireChao watching Pokemon on TV (doesn't have to be obvious that it's pokemon)
-FireChao drawing/ painting (for Art pages)
-FireChao in a fight with a Pokemon
-FireChao reading newspaper (like on this page), or reading out news from news desk (this one would replace welcome .swf on index, so it's important that I like this one, whereas I'm not so fussy with the others)

Please choose the options that you think you could do best. As always, you don't have to draw any of them if you don't want to (after all, this isn't really supposed to be a request thread)

Thanks!

I could do all of them as just drawings (white lines on black bg, black lines on white bg, however you wish), some of them as flat colors, and maybe one or two as fully shaded. o,o

The chao could be more awake in those ones, yes? I can't really draw him sleepy-looking and at the same time cartoony. <l333

I was initially thinking flat colours, but I'd be happy to have them in whichever you like - not black on white though, white on black would be better as my site has a black background at the moment.

Yes, the chao should be more awake please - I realise that it wouldn't look very good if it was sleepy and cartoony...

Thanks for this!

Pfft I've been so unproductive the last few weeks...
Some poses- By the way, the fight- did you want Firechao to fight against a pokemon himself, or be in a pokemon battle with a pokemon?
DoodliesforFirechao.jpg

Some gijinka I drew:
Auros.jpg

Auros is my magneton, and also the strongest electric pokemon I have. >:3
Daruni.jpg

Daruni is my dragonair...
It's quite bizarre how dragonair suddenly booms into a dragon. Humm.

I was initially thinking tht he could fight the pokemon himself, but I'm sure it'd look good either way. If you had him sending a pokemon into battle I think it would be awesome if you gave him a cap and shorts et cetera to make him look like ash.

And about the poses, I like:
-News 2
-TV 1
-I'm not as sure about the draw poses - probably the one on the left, but feel free to overrule my decision there.

Is a "gijinka" a human version of a pokemon? If so, I think they're both well drawn, but the first doesn't look enough like magneton to me - it does have a mechanised feel to it, but I would have rather had it with magnets for ears or something...

The dragonair, however, is simply awesome - very similar to the original pokemon while looking human and natural.

Fighting with a pokemon would be hard to pull off. The choice of pokemon would also mean that you or I don't like the pokemon he is fighting against. xwx

Yes, gijinka is a humanized version of an animal character.

I first considered that Auros should have screws on his head, but then I went for appeal (screws as ear-trinkets) - I usually think of appeal before absolute likeness. xwx A 'female' magneton could perhaps have magnets on her pigtails or something.

In the news 2, what should the images be? I doubt you want as random pictures in them as I have done. : D

Hey Ymo!

So, uh, I'd like to request something for my friend. What he wanted is a charmander in a fighting pose, sitting like a lizard, his tail lifted, looking up, and wild flames sprouting out of the tail.

Uh, could you make several option, please(if you can make this request)?

P.S. This request is my friend's one, not mine. Not that I didn't mention it...

Well, I drew some:
Charmandersuggestions.jpg

Trying to start drawing the images for Firechao now. xwx'

Edit:
And here are the flat color pictures:
TV.png
News.png
Art.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom