• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Ymo's art-thread (Heavy images(?))

LOVE the gengar and mew - not sure which one I prefer...

You should colour them and stuff sometime - I don't want it for anything, just because it'd look great.

Hmm, ye, I should... *lazinesshammer strikes* Ack.

I drew two gijinka today, two body-guards for a near-sighted mewtwo.
UmbreonEspeon.png

Their names change all the time, since I just can't remember them... xwx

:3 those two are adorable!

Anyways, I'm sure that I've said before, but all of your art is fantastic. Ever considered joining the Obsessive Scribblers?

Firechao: Thank you! I attempted to draw them in a chibi-style, but unfortunately my skills extend only to making them into noseless children. : D (They are younger than my other characters though, about 13-14?)

Kai: Thankies to ye too. -w-
I could join, I just need to check if it's something that I can do. (I have a horrible memory, so doing a drawing every day AND submitting might prove an unsurmountable challenge- you never know.)

Nonono, that's Artmo, just a contest that was made by the Obsessive Scribblers. The OSers is a group for all sorts of Art-related discussion.

Oh, it looks nice. : D

Some new art now that I remember to post here:
Kernel1.jpg
Kernel2.jpg

I attempted to make a good-looking venusaur-gijinka. :3 I quite like him, too... Hueg pictures though. D:

What else to say... Ack. I guess nothing.

I love his posing and expression when using vine whip (even though his right wrist looks a bit awkward), and I love the drawing of a reqular venusaur at the top. You really are a fantastic artist.

Ah, that wrist... I had real trouble with it. (the erasing-marks show that) On retrospect his right hand should be in a different pose entirely, but ah well~

Thankies. <l3

Yayinfo:
I have a love-hate relationship with venusaur. In pokemonathon many people seem to hate venusaur with a passion, and I can relate to that. However, when others say that they love venusaur (along with a picture they lovingly made) I can't help but like it too.
That's why I always try to stretch myself by drawing venusaur in a way that pleases me the most.

PS: I wonder what the attach-point of the leaves looks like from below?

Some new images:
Torterra-cnic.jpg

I was thinking of picnicers... Why wouldn't even one of them have a torterra? It's the perfect pokemon for a picnicer! Portable ground for a picnic table, a shady tree... Everything nice.
Charchar.jpg

I tried to imagine how a level 100 charizard would look in comparison to a charizard that just evolved. This didn't come out as well... I was thinking of a more demonic, bestial pokemon, rather than just a beefed up charizard. Ah well...

Old:
Fakemon.jpg

A fakemon I made fall 2009. Im actually quite happy with the level of obsession I had with this one, if that makes any sense. -w-

Thank you. : o

I could color the sketch, instead of doing a new lineart on pc. It might look nice after all these well-groomed pics, hum?

Edit:
I actually wanted to try it right out, so here it is:
Torterra-cniccolored.png

Last edited:
yeah you were right to go for looser lines rather than a bold lineart - it looks fantastic!

kind of feel like asking for permission to use this somewhere: trouble is I don't know where :P

Thanks again. :P I originally used to do art on the pc like this- the problem with that is mostly the dirtyness of the paper and the trouble with cleaning it.

*school-boredness*

OK I had an Idea for where do put it: do you mind it being in the bottom right of this page?

Do you want me to work out a way to have art by Ymedron on the bottom of the forum pages as well?

tbh it wouldn't surprise me that much if I took it off relatively soon, as it doesn't really fit with the general colour scheme, but I'm just checking that you're OK atm :P

Yeah, you can use it. (the copyright-mark is covered by the bottom bar tho... Hmm.)
Edit:
Okay, I guess it depends on the site. I don't think you need to write copyrights of that pic, since the copyright shows up allright on the pic itself.
(and I feel ashamed of the quality on the firechao- I don't know if I could do better, but I sort of want to try. D:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom