• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Ymo's art-thread (Heavy images(?))

Well, I might be able to make it better if I used the sketchy style (though the character is really hard to get right in a style that makes me happy, because of the blobby style of the original... One would have to include a ton of imagined detail.) I made some sketches with added detail and a little added character.
Firechaoredone.jpg
*shrug*

Hey, Ymo!

After being away for ages, Lars is back!

Ahem.

Anyway, you art is much better than what it used to be, and I must say that when I compare the first page to this page, it seems like your drawings used to suck as much as mine do today. T.T

SO, I'd like to ask you for something:
Is there any chance you could draw Kenny(totodile), with a muscle band around each one of his shoulders and knees, going 'berserk'(eyes become fully red), with a light blue glow around him, in a battle stance?

Hope it's not too complicated for you. And as always, the pesky lars would also like to ask wether you could present him a few options like you normally do because your so awsome.

ugh I wish I could finally upload my beloved paintings and show everyone Twiggy can draw stuff to

I would rather leave the muscle band off since... Well, to be honest, I can't really think of any way it wouldn't look like he is an action doll. : < My apologies. I can draw him going berserk with a muscle band on his tail, though. (or feraligator with muscle bands on it's arms, since their legs are too stubby)

sorry for taking a while to decide, Ymedron: I'm currently leaning towards number 7 but I'm not sure... I'll tell you as soon as I've decided

...Im surprised that you would prefer Chao as evil/bestial, that was more of an afterthought on my part. : D

well I think the main thing that I like is it has more character - it's full of emotion unlike the likes of 2 which, while being close to the old design and well drawn, seems a bit condescending... :S

I don't think I want sleepy either, by the way

Of course, it might be a good idea to think what kind of an image do you want for the character. Do you want him to be sort of villainous type dude who 'lets' you view his site, or do you want him to be just sort of a pet-type mascot?

Just a sketch... I don't really want to color or ink it... My apologies.
Totodilesketch.jpg

Hmm... I like the middle one. It's great!

But could you replace the muscle band around the tail with a choice scarf around the neck?

P.S. the eyes should be completely red, that is glowing red.

ok Ymedron, now I'm thinking more along the lines of #6 (a kind of cute pet/mascot image)

I'm going for cute, but not as pathetic as number 6, please :P kind of like the second eevee in this image...

please could I have some more sketches? I'd like it to keep the floating chao ball as well, in case you didn't include that as you were going to leave it out - it works if we're going for cute and chao-like.

Thanks

I made some ideas for design- the head-spikes are the biggest problem. I like the front-ruffle, but might it make the design too similar to all the other 'cute' mascots?
Fchaosuggestions.jpg
If you need any help with my atrocious handwriting, just ask. :3

Update! Randomdoodle:
EMPOLEON.jpg

Very english Empoleon and his pet Eevee.
Edit: Oh, also:
EMPOLEONDOOD.jpg

Just felt like it. -w- (and yes, I see that I made a horrorful mistake with it's leg- I just don't know how to repair it. D:)
Plus:
Caterboy.jpg

A lil' caterpie squire.

Last edited:
Recent sketches:

English Empoleon: This one amused me because of the weird Eevee. Weird in a good way, of course -- I usually use the word "odd" for that. The expression just sent me laughing. XD I love the contrast on how the Empoleon's position looks realistic and smooth, but the Eevee's looks silly and stiff.

Empoleon Person: I don't see the mistake on either of his legs, but I'm not good at anatomy so don't trust me. ^^ The speech bubble added a bit of a non-serious air to it, but at the same time, it seems to fit. And the huge chair that he's sitting on, and the position that he's in, go well together.

Caterpie Squire: The expression really adds to the picture, and gives him character. The thumb on the hand carrying the bucket looks a bit off, but I wouldn't know how to fix it -- I'm not the best person at art critique. ^^ But the position and the way it looks like he's in the middle of a step just seems to add... life to it.

Thanks! :3 The Empoleon was drawn for my friend, and she requested that it should have an eevee with it. As we all know, noble people have ridiculous pets, and eevees are the fluffiest sparklefarts you can find in the world of pokemon~ As for the dude, I better not point out the mistake since you can't see it. : D Additional note: The idea of having the head-shape as a trident comes from an artist in Deviantart- i forget his/her name, but s/he draws a lot of very convincing fakemon~ There also comes the idea of Empoleon being very kingly type of guy. The thumb on the caterpie is a foul spot for me, because I don't know either how to fix it- except by placing it on top of the other fingers..? I actually wanted to draw it just so I could include the tiny little shouldercape in it's design. :3 *POMexplanationtoomuch?*

I made some ideas for design- the head-spikes are the biggest problem. I like the front-ruffle, but might it make the design too similar to all the other 'cute' mascots?
Fchaosuggestions.jpg
If you need any help with my atrocious handwriting, just ask. :3

2 is perfect! :D

not sure whether or not it would be slightly odd to have him staring down, confused, on every page, but the smooth head spikes and forehead tuft work perfectly, thanks! I'd probably like a more contented emotion? :S

EDIT: I was thinking, you could have him in that pose and expression with a gengar sneaking up behind him (similar to the one drawn with mew a few pages back)? Gengar has kind of become the secondary mascot, but I might want to avoid making the logo even more complicated...

...besides the fact that that would double your work xD

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom