• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Your Favorite Pokémon or all the Others?

Eeveelution

Among the few morons with straight A's.
Your Favorite Pokémon or all the Others?

Let's say you were faced with the choice of only having your favorite Pokémon on your team, never even allowed to evolve it (or breed it if it's the final evolution stage), just as many of that one single Pokémon, or all the others except the chain of your favorite one (because you could either evolve it into that Pokémon or breed them to get it). You could catch all the others over time, not get them all at once, but you wouldn't be allowed to get your favorite at all. If you were to run into it, it would be immune to any Poké Ball you use, even the Master Ball, as would any from its evolution chain. (The exception would be Manaphy and Phione.)

In my opinion, it would be sad to have only Eevee (my favorite), especially if I wasn't allowed to evolve it. (Also, it puts me at a disadvantage against ghost and fighting types because it's a normal type.) I'd probably choose all the other Pokémon in the world instead, as hard as that would be.

Re: Your Favorite Pokémon or all the Others?

Supposing we happen to have multiple favourite Pokémon that we like equally as much as each other? :3 Eh, I assume we just pick one. I'd take Lucario if that were the case, since Meowth would be destroyed by everything and though Alakazam is brilliant at Special attacks he'd go down like a lead balloon against everything good at physical attacks.
All in all though I'd probably go with every other Pokémon, because I don't think I could really battle with just one species of Pokémon on my team forever. Apart from anything it'd be impossible to Fly or Surf anywhere, and without other Pokémon on hand it'd be hard to get round my Pokémon's weaknesses.

Considering my two fave pokemon are both normal types...it'd be hard to go through the game with just them. Then again...I never really use them ingame...I like them mainly because I have been writing with characters as both aipom and chatot for about a year now. ^^ They are so fun. So yeah, I think I'd go with not having him. =[

Hm... this is tricky... mostly because I have to pick which one.

I could manage with Lucario, but I prefer the starters. Fire is nice, but Grass is awesome. In water, only Feraligator is actually any good.

Ah screw it. Team of level 100 Venusaurs coming your way! Get out of my path, or I'll mow you down!

Hm...
This can be resolved in two words for me:
Shiny Absol.

Who cares about all the others? Absol pwns.

...although I would miss them. But yeah, I like Absol enough that I'd want it more.

Oh mah god! I'd choose mah one favowit pogeman................Bulblesasaur!

The pokeball immunity problem could be solved by buying my favourite pokemon, if that's the only thing stopping me from owning one. :D

Otherwise, it depends. I have multiple pokemon I like far more than the rest. If I could only pick one pokemon for my team, then it would also mean only one pokemon could be banned from my team if I chose the other way. In this case, I'd obviously go for all other pokemon in the world, because I can choose from my other almost-favourites. If I can have all of my favourites but all of them would also be banned from my team if I chose all the other pokemon, I suppose I'd go for those. There'd be more than enough pokemon to fill my team with, in that case.

Just a little cruel that if you like gallade that there is absolutely nothing you could do, ever, to get a gardevoir, though.

Why would I only want one Pokemon?

I'll admit that Swampert is a great Pokemon, but it still can get knocked down by a Grass-type with ease.

So, everything but that.

Flygons rule! Beware, the Flygons will fly in and take over your cities.

Err, yeah, I'd be perfectly happy with only a single Flygon as a pet or partner, or with a team of 6 of them.

When Scyther was my favorite, back in GSC, I made a Scyther team in Gold... that was fun... and I've beaten Sapphire basically by only training a single Flygon.

Seviper.

What? Battle? Who needs to battle when you have a seviper? :3

I would probably just go with my single floatzel or even a whole team of them. Even going through the game wouldn't be too hard if certain TMs weren't necessary. So yeah I would pick my single favorite pokemon.

Personally, I would only use either a team of Muk, Ursaring, or Sneasel. They are so awesome! I could breed to get Muk Shadow Punch to deal with Psychics, and teach Ursaring and Sneasel Aerial Ace to deal with Fighting types. And Sneasel would know Brick Break to stop Rock and Steel types too.

As much as I like Victreebels, I'd have to go with the "all of the others" option.

Never been able to use just one Pokémon throughout a whole game, or more than one of the same thing on a team...

I would so do 6 Togekisses. Think about it, two to wall, two to attack, and two to assist. That would so be pwnzor.

eevee or ninetails. i love foxes and cats.
NINETAILS PWNS. SO DOES EEVEE!

Hrm...my being that my fave. Pokemon is Suicune...Suicune can pwn almost anything if you play your cards right....and having a 6ft tall ribbon-butt sparklebeast that you could ride about WOULD be awesome...I think I'd be happy with just a Suicune.

I would most definetly choose 'everything else' because... uh... bidoof really can't fight worth much.

Squirtle, although the best pokemon around (as everyone knows) probably wouldn't get me that far in a game. I mean I tried before, but some guy called Lt.Surge kept beating me >,<

Well, I have multiple favorites syndrome, but for the most part I could pick to just have the one favorite.

In game, Machamp with ice/thunder/dynamic paunch and stone edge can cover EVERYTHING. I beat the Sinnoh elite for with him alone. He took a psychic from an Alakazam to the chest and kept swinging.

Also, Nidoking is known for bing a UU Tyranitar who can tear down any wall as a mixed attacker. Have you seen his stats? He's pretty well balanced.

I could prolly go on, but I won't.

EDIT: Oh, but I do have one more anecdote; When I was little I'd play through with just the starter, right? So when I had Charmander I had to grind his level to 32. At that point he learned slash and I beat misty and was home free. So, you know. With enough grit and a level advantage...

Back
Top Bottom