• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Zapi vs. Conrad

Same thing as last round. Charge/thunderbolt/chill, unless the opponent uses swagger or toxic, in which case, switch to protect and omit chill in order to fill in the missed attack.

Charge / Protect ~ Thunderbolt / Protect / Charge ~ Chill / Protect / Thunderbolt

That was worded kind of badly. If you need clarification, just tell me, and I'll try to think of a better way to word it.

Chill for a bit while Jason uses charge, then use Facade (why have I not used that before srsly). Since that will probably use a lot of energy, go ahead and chill again on the last action, unless Facade failed, in which case use it again.

Chill ~ Facade ~ chill / Facade

Last edited:
I think you forgot about Julian's +4 special defense there...I'm not a ref but even with Jason's 2+ sp. atk. it doesn't seem like Thunderbolt should've done nearly that much damage.

When in doubt, this is a good way to check. Depending on just when Glace is calculating charge's x2 damage bonus (before or after inputting it into the calculator), it should've done either 12 or 18 damage, so 14 sounds about right to me.

Ah...sorry about that. I thought the 2x effect you get from Charge only worked with Discharge, which is why I was confused. I'll be more careful next time.

Format: 2v2 single
Style: Switch
DQ: 2 weeks, because it is my first battle and I know I'll procrastinate.
Damage Cap: 35%

Banned and Restricted Moves: Moves that you couldn't use in the arena (i.e. Surf, because there isn't enough water); OHKO moves; 1 direct healing move per Pokémon; 4 chills per Pokémon

Arena Description: The battling, for the most part, takes place on a 'stage', which is simply a rectangular patch of sand in the middle of an open, grassy field. The 'stage' is large enough for medium-large Pokémon to easily maneuver and aim their attacks. At each of the four corners of the 'stage' are three medium-sized rocks usable for attacks such as Rock Tomb. The sand is soft enough to easily Dig through, as is the soil on the field surrounding it. There is also a pool in the center of the 'stage' for water-type Pokémon who need it.

Pokémon are free to move away from the 'stage' as they please, although they won't find anything but and endless, flat expanse of grass. Flying-types also have unlimited space in the air, since it is outdoors.

(Oh geez, I hope I didn't make that look too complicated, 'cause it's like the most basic arena ever created)

Additional Rules: I'd prefer to battle someone on my skill level (which is quite low), but I'm also ready for a challenge.

Round Five Start!

Team Zapi
Sentret
[Julian] Sentret (M)
Ability: Run Away
Health: 61%
Energy: 45%
Status: Are you mocking me? Appalled. 4+ Sp. Defense, 3+ Accuracy, 2+ Attack. Paralyzed [Light] (1- Speed reduction, 10% Chance of not being able to attack each action, 1% extra Energy to perform attacks)

Team Conrad
Mareep
[Jason] Mareep (M)
Ability: Static
Health: 70%
Energy: 52%
Status: Too many stars! Chillin'. 3+ Defense, 2+ Sp. Attack, 1+ Sp. Defense, 1- Accuracy
Chills: 1/4

Recovering from the continuous assault of magical stars exiting from the mouth of the ferret, Jason began to charge up some more electricity in his fleece. Concentrating his energy carefully, Jason then discovered that his puffy fleece was audibly crackling with visible electricity. The yellow sheep smirked, quickly looking at his opponent to see his reaction. However, during the time Jason used to focus his energy into electricity, the Sentret rested silently, eyes closed but still awake. The Mareep looked away from Julian with disgust, realizing that the ferret was open for attack the entire time. Well, it would certainly pay for that.

The Mareep was once again furious, fully aware that his opponent had had a nice, relazing rest while he stored up energy. That energy was just about to be put to use. Focusing the energy within him once more, Jason released a bolt of lighting, powered up by the static electricity already coating the fleece of the electric sheep. It struck the opposing Sentret, traveling its way quickly throughout Julian's body. Stumbling back from pure shock, the ferret shook his head and regained his senses. Julian was angry as well, and he was going to use his disadvantages to his... advantage. Slowly walkign up to the wary sheep, Julian neared him closely, when - WHAM! A punch from below was given, powered by the fact that electricity was still flowing throughout Julian's veins. Hopping back to his former location, Julian glanced at Jason. The Mareep was slowly standing back up.

Both Pokemon were extremely tired, almost to the point of trepidation. Each sat down, silently observing each other. Despite the need to close their eyes and rest for a bit, each warily observed each other, assuring themselves that neither carry out any suspicious movement. The referee stood and waved his flags, displaying the end of the round. Neither bothered to show notice to this; they just continued their staring contest.​

Round Five End!

Team Zapi
Sentret
[Julian] Sentret (M)
Health: 47%
Energy: 56%
Status: "..." Watching carefully. 2+ Sp. Defense, 3+ Accuracy, 2+ Attack.
Chills: 2/4

Team Conrad
Mareep
[Jason] Mareep (M)
Health: 55%
Energy: 51%
Status: "..." Observing eyefully. 3+ Defense, 2+ Sp. Attack, 2+ Sp. Defense, 1- Accuracy
Chills: 2/4​

Damage and Energy Calculations

Julian's Attacks:
- Facade: 15% Damage, 9% Energy

Jason's Attacks:
- Charge: 4% Energy
- Thunderbolt: 14% Damage, 7% Energy

Arena Notes

- There are narrow, nearly filled tunnels in the sand due to Dig.
- Sand is a bit scattered outside the "stage" due to Mud Slap.

Notes

- Jason's Thunderbolt hit despite 1- Accuracy.
- Julian's paralysis wore off.
- First Amnesia wore off.
- Second Amnesia will last for two more rounds.
- Each Chill replenished 10% Energy.

Next Round

- Zapi attacks.
- Conrad attacks.
- I ref.

Last edited:
Does the 2x bonus if a Pokémon using facade has a status ailment even come into play in this league? The description in the Attacks and Abilities Guide doesn't directly state it, so I'm just making sure.

Does the 2x bonus if a Pokémon using facade has a status ailment even come into play in this league? The description in the Attacks and Abilities Guide doesn't directly state it, so I'm just making sure.
Yup, facade's base power is 140 if you have a major status ailment.

Start of with yet another Amnesia since your first one wore off (iirc), then Slash, then chill. Chill if Jason protects against Slash; Protect if he uses toxic, swagger, or thunder wave.

Amnesia / Protect ~ Slash / chill / Protect ~ chill / Protect

Banned and Restricted Moves: Moves that you couldn't use in the arena (i.e. Surf, because there isn't enough water); OHKO moves; 1 direct healing move per Pokémon; 4 chills per Pokémon

Arena Description: The battling, for the most part, takes place on a 'stage', which is simply a rectangular patch of sand in the middle of an open, grassy field. The 'stage' is large enough for medium-large Pokémon to easily maneuver and aim their attacks. At each of the four corners of the 'stage' are three medium-sized rocks usable for attacks such as Rock Tomb. The sand is soft enough to easily Dig through, as is the soil on the field surrounding it. There is also a pool in the center of the 'stage' for water-type Pokémon who need it.

Pokémon are free to move away from the 'stage' as they please, although they won't find anything but and endless, flat expanse of grass. Flying-types also have unlimited space in the air, since it is outdoors.

(Oh geez, I hope I didn't make that look too complicated, 'cause it's like the most basic arena ever created)

Additional Rules: I'd prefer to battle someone on my skill level (which is quite low), but I'm also ready for a challenge.

Round Six Start!

Team Zapi
Sentret
[Julian] Sentret (M)
Health: 47%
Energy: 56%
Status: "..." Watching carefully. 4+ Sp. Defense, 3+ Accuracy, 2+ Attack.
Chills: 2/4

Team Conrad
Mareep
[Jason] Mareep (M)
Health: 55%
Energy: 51%
Status: "..." Observing eyefully. 3+ Defense, 2+ Sp. Attack, 2+ Sp. Defense, 1- Accuracy
Chills: 2/4​

The Mareep's strategy was going absolutely well much to its own surprise. Perhaps the yellow sheep would stick with these moves for a bit. Once again, Jason charged up his fleece with electricity, it visibly and audibly crackling with the converted energy. Not smirking such as before, the sheep shifted his glance so that it met his opponent's eyes. However, those eyes seemed confused and lost. Julian had forgotten what had been occurring once more, slowly regaining his senses by the second. Despite this, the Sentret could not remember how to perform the karate-like move he had known before. Which way did it go again? The ferret shook its head and faced its foe; that was not of importance.

Using the electricity already on his fleece, Jason released energy in the form of lightning, powered up by the electricity already crackling on him. It sped across the sage in a millisecond, a flash displaying the impact of it oto the opposing ferret. Though its senses had been a bit dull, the electricty was extremely painful, feeling as if his heart was continuously pumping it. The Sentret eventually recovered from the shock, and then it ran across the stage with celerity, preparing some sort of retaliation. Despite the electric sheep expecting this, he did responded quick enough; the claws teared through his fleece, leaving a somewat deep cut on his bare skin. The Mareep cringed, then regained a fighting stance towards his opponent.

The pain from the minute scratch was irritating, though, and Jason needed some more rest. the ferret was obviously thinking the same thing. Both, almost simultaneously, lowered themselves onto the sand, eventually positioning themselves flat onto it. The referee, who had been zoning out, quickly stood up and fluttered his flags in the breeze, symbolizing the end of the round.

Round Six End!

Team Zapi
Sentret
[Julian] Sentret (M)
Health: 35%
Energy: 58%
Status: "..." Watching carefully. Again. 4+ Sp. Defense, 3+ Accuracy, 2+ Attack.
Chills: 3/4

Team Conrad
Mareep
[Jason] Mareep (M)
Health: 49%
Energy: 50%
Status: "..." Observing eyefully. Again. 3+ Defense, 3+ Sp. Defense, 2+ Sp. Attack, 1- Accuracy
Chills: 3/4​

Julian's Attacks:
- Amnesia: 3% Energy
- Slash: 6% Damage, 5% Energy

Jason's Attacks:
- Thunderbolt: 12% Damage, 7% Energy

Arena Notes

- The tunnels from Dig have now been filled in

Notes

- Each Chill replenished 10% Energy.
- Amnesia caused Julian to forget Brick Break.
- Second Amnesia will last for two more rounds.
- Third Amnesia will last for four more rounds.

Next Round

- Conrad attacks.
- Zapi attacks.
- I ref.

Can't use brick break, huh? Start off with a reflect, then charge/thunderbolt. If Julian protects against thunderbolt, chill.

Reflect ~ Charge~ Thunderbolt / chill

NOOOO!! Not Brick Break *sniff*

Start off with Hyper Voice before he can charge. Next, poison him with Toxic. Finally, on the last turn, just Protect -- ignore the fact that Jason won't be doing anything to you.

Hyper Voice ~ Toxic ~ Protect

Round Seven Start!

Team Zapi
Sentret
[Julian] Sentret (M)
Energy: 58%
Status: "..." Watching carefully. Again. 4+ Sp. Defense, 3+ Accuracy, 2+ Attack.

Team Conrad
Mareep
[Jason] Mareep (M)
Health: 49%
Status: "..." Observing eyefully. Again. 3+ Defense, 3+ Sp. Defense, 2+ Sp. Attack, 1- Accuracy

Jason decided to put up some defenses. His opponent seemed to be a force to be reckoned with, and the Mareep certainly did not want to take any careless risks. Concentrating his energy, the electric sheep then released it in the form of a wall. It was transparent, and it would certainly help if the Sentret decided to make any physical assaults. Still, it took a bit more energy to hold the wall up. Seeing this maneuver, Julian became aware that physically attacking was not the better option. In response, he released concentrated energy through his voice; he opened his mouth and an extremely noisy voice eminated from it. Jason stumbled backwards in pain, for his ears felt as if they were going to burst. However, Julian halted the noise in due time, allowing the Mareep to regain a fighting stance.

The electric sheep then planned to go with a promising tactic, and so Jason transferred his energy onto his fleece in the form of electricity. Once again, the electricity was visibly and auibly sparking between the gaps of his puffy fleece. The sheep then glanced over at the ferret to see its response. However, the Sentret appeared as if it were about to throw up its lunch. Julian then vomited a purple, sticky liquid that landed on Jason. At first, the Mareep grunted in disgust, only to find that the vomit seeped nto his skin, causing horrible pain. It died down, but the pain was definitely hindering his abilities now.

Deciding to recover from the liquid he had been infected with, Jason sat down on the sand, hoping the pain would fade. He cringed as the poisonous liquid caused more pain and died down once more. He did not know how long this uncomfortable condition would last. Meanwhile, Julian had set up a forcefield, only finding that his opponent was not attacking. The Sentret smirked, letting the shield down as the referee fluttered his flags. Julian was certainly pleased with the events that had occurred.

Round Seven End!

Team Zapi
Sentret
[Julian] Sentret (M)
Energy: 43%
Status: Mwaha. Pleased. 4+ Sp. Defense, 3+ Accuracy, 2+ Attack.

Team Conrad
Mareep
[Jason] Mareep (M)
Health: 43%
Status: Ugh. Annoyed. 4+ Sp. Defense, 3+ Defense, 2+ Sp. Attack, 1- Accuracy. Badly Poisoned (1% Damage per round)
Chills: 4/4​

Jason's Attacks:
- Reflect: 4% Energy, 1% Energy to hold up each action

Julian's Attacks:
- Hyper Voice: 5% Damage, 6% Energy
- Toxic: 5% Energy
- Protect: 4% Energy

Arena Notes

- The tunnels from Dig have now been filled in

Notes

- Chill replenished 10% Energy.
- Reflect will last for one more round.
- Second Amnesia will last for one more round.
- Third Amnesia will last for three more rounds.

Next Round

- Zapi attacks.
- Conrad attacks.
- I ref.

(Gah, I just realized I called an action a 'turn' in my last post. Oops. >.>;;)

Hone Claws twice, then Slash. If Jason tries to use toxic, swagger, thunder wave, or a charged electric attack at any time, Protect (don't try to use it twice in succession, though).

Hone Claws / Protect ~ Hone Claws / Protect ~ Slash / Protect

Last edited:
oo
Zapi: Julian[M]

Sentret
Energy: 43%
Mood: Pleased, "Muahaha"
Hone Claws / Protect ~ Hone Claws / Protect ~ Slash / Protect

oo
Conrad: Jason [M]

Mareep
Health: 43%
Status: +4 Sp. Defense, +3 Defense, +2 Sp. Attack, -1 Accuracy [Severely Poisoned (1% Damage per round) Damage doubles per round, MAX. 10]
Mood: Annoyed, "Ugh"
Chills: 4/4
Facade ~ Charge ~ Thunderbolt

Round 8

Upon request, a young but spirited girl approaches the scene, one hand clutching the bill of her hat, the other clumsily wrapped around two flags of differing colors. "Oi! Let's keep this match going, yeah? I'm Lala and er... well I'll be baby sitting you lot till it's done away with."
From quiet observation the arena rests in an almost unchanged state with only sand loosely scattered in the grass. A spunky Sentret wagging it's tail snickered heartily while opposing Mareep huffs gritting its rounded teeth against the ailments clinging to him. The effects of Toxic have only just begun to settle in with a promising doom.
After patting down the sides of her pants she raised both arms and gave a nod of approval. "Begin Round 8!"

Julian gets the shout for the start of the round. His ears perked as the orders came to either summon power or force a barrier of protection. Beady eyes followed the woolly creature to prepare for his next move when to his surprise came a command not foreseen. Facade? Without hesitation, the ferret's claws elongated in size, a faint glow engulfing each digit as Julian sharpened claws against each other. Jason bleated, now charged with the power of his ailment, bounded forward into the Sentret, knocking the enemy onto his soft underbelly.

Taken aback by this power, Julian staggered to stand on his hind paws as opposed to raising himself on his tail and fiercely got back to sharpening his claws. Again, the next action was not to be avoided. Jason merely took a cautious step back before raising his tail confidently, static erupting from his thick wool as he too harnessed power for his final action. The intimidation of the growing power instilled itself beneath the aggravated expressions of the battling Pokemon.

With a small cock of the head, Julian looked to his trainer for further instruction. The Mareep was taking on the offensive again however, he was ready with a much greater force behind it. This, Julian could respond to despite his eagerness to land a hit with his glistening claws. Jason bucked valiantly at the air, a blinding streak of electricity bolting away from its source. The Sentret sturdily held its ground in the sand as a transparent green dome sheltered him from harm. To Julian's disappointment, he had taken no action to bring his master any closer to a victory for this round. His defenses seemed to lower with the passing of time. Jason merely stomped at the sandy surface beneath him, squinting at the pain from beneath his skin.

oo
Zapi: Julian[M]

Sentret
Health: 24%
Energy: 31%
Mood: That coulda gone better...

oo
Conrad: Jason [M]

Mareep
Health: 41%
Energy: 40%
Status: +5 Sp. Defense, +3 Defense, +2 Sp. Attack, -1 Accuracy [Severely Poisoned]
Mood: Hopeful
Chills: 4/4

Notepad...
  • Julian, Hone Claws: +1 Attack, +1 Accuracy
    Jason, Facade: 7%->x2 Status Ailment-> -1/4 of total, STABR
    Julian, Hone Claws: +1 Attack, +1 Accuracy
    Jason, Charge: +1 Sp. Defense, Electric power doubled next turn
    Julian, Protect: 4% energy
    Jason, Thunderbolt: Protected against
  • Second Amnesia, wore off
    Third Amnesia, 2 more rounds
    Toxic, damage doubled [Previous round: 1%, Round 8: 2%], -4% Next Round
    Charge, +1 Sp. Defense
    Reflect, wore off
  • Conrad's move set
    Zapi's move set
    I reff.
***Be sure to mention any and all points of confusion or disagreement! All are prone to error.***​

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom