• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The new Pet Peeves thread

Old pet peeve thread is old, so here's a new one.

Here are mine:

-Little kids that are all hyper in the morning.
-Shipping.
-1337speak.
-When people tiepz lyk dis
-Stereotyping.
-Smoking
-Underage drinking
-Most Disney Channel "real" shows like Hannah Montana, Zack and Cody etc.
-Screaming for no reason or when you're happy. OhGOD, it's so ANNOYING.
-Homophobes
-Unnecesary swearing. Using the f-word in every other sentence doesn't make you "cool".
-When guys wear pants that goes halfways down their butt and reveals their underwear(or when girls reveal their thongs -_-)
-Spam. I mean, "FREE PENIS ENLARGEMENTS!" "LOSE WEIGHT NOW!" "BUY SUPER CHEAP *insert thing* HERE!" -_- How stupid do they think we are?
-Chart pop
-Smartasses
-"Gay" as an insult
-Hating stuff for no reason at all, other than "it's lame"

My biggest pet peeve is people who can't go one sentence without using the word fuck or shit.
Seriously! They use it in every single context they can! It's stupid and wrong.

WHISPERING. My GOD. If everyone has a noise that they absolutely can't stand, this one's mine. I hate it when I'm trying to read for an assignment or something in a classroom that's supposed to be quiet, and I can't even concentrate because some bimbo can't go ten seconds without talking to her friends.

Chewing gum loudly in quiet rooms is pretty high up there too.

Having to wait in restaurants. I think there's some kind of direct correlation between how long you have to wait and how many people with screaming babies are in the waiting room. There's never enough room in the waiting rooms either, and I don't deal well with being packed into small rooms with lots of people.

And on the subject of screaming babies, people who don't fucking do something about their screaming babies. When I was a baby and I started screaming in a restaurant or a theater, you know what my parents would do? They'd take me outside or in the bathroom or something until I stopped. Don't just let the damn thing sit there and ruin everyone else's movie/dinner.

The stupid middle schoolers on my bus who sit there screaming like morons and then say something to the effect of 'lol sorry I'm hyper' or 'lol sorry I have ADHD' when you tell them to shut up.

I know I have more. :[

Gum chewing, Doritos, and chocolate. I CANNOT STAND those smells. I also get really annoyed when people can't use correct capitalization and/or punctuation in their sentences, or they cuss repeatedly. I can ignore it if they use a cuss word once or twice, but like WUE and Alxprit said, cussing repeatedly is annoying and pointless. I also hate it when people smoke and/or drink, apparently they either don't realize or don't care that they're killing themselves AND others around them. Either that or they were trying to be cool and they got addicted.

I hate when people can't shut up about others drinking or smoking in private. Not just complain a little but I mean those goddamn SxE guys who get stupid tats and harass people who like to smoke or drink from time to time. Ugh.

Neo-Cons.

But really, there are two things I can't stand in this world:
People who are intolerant of other people's cultures.
And the Dutch.

-Little 5 or 6 years walking around the shops in groups, texting their 'boyfriends' on their mobiles and dashing into the nearest clothes shop meant for teens. Stop growing up so fast ;_;
-When it's really quiet in a test/exam, except the horrible squeaky noise from someone's pencil
-Screaming babies. In fact, screaming in general.
-People who ask stupid questions when you've/the teacher has just explained something
-People who stand really clost to you in a long queue. Or people who smell of B.O. Or both

People who can't stand it when others are different to themselves. Like when people hate religious people, vegetarians, people of particular race/ethnicity, the disabled, elderly, whatever.

I really really can't stand vomiting.

I also hate it when people are bad drivers, know that they are and don't care.

I hate nettles & gnats, so England isn't a very good place to live for me...

I also can't stand people who ask dead-obvious questions and point out the obvious.

Here we go:

-Babies
-people who can't control their children
-kids who have to learn to pay attention in school
-people who don't realize that adults won't protect then forever
-slow drivers
-unfunny captain obvious
-mentaly retarded people,this is my opinion

This thread makes me wanna post in the grr thread now for realizing the negatives of life

-People who ask stupid questions when you've/the teacher has just explained something

Oh my god, YES, that is so annoying. I know a guy in my school who asks questions so much of the time, and also a girl who starts telling stories that have nothing to do with the subject at hand, too. And when I try to explain it, everybody else shuts me up. I can't imagine why.

More stuff:

-Videogames with no other plot than "here's a *insert weapon here*, now go kill everyone you see".
-People who think you're immature for liking Pokémon.
-People who think you're immature for liking cartoons.
-People who think you're immature for liking whatever.
-Anyone over 5 laughing when somebody farts.

I'll add more later.

Last edited:
ARGUMENTS.

(no offense Darksong :])

-People who hate stuff for no reason.
-People who think one of their teachers likes the other class and not them.
-People who tease others for having an Irish personality.

Oh oh big one:

PEOPLE WHO DON'T UNDERSTAND THAT A LAST NAME DOESN'T PARTICULARLY RELATE TO A PERSON'S INTERESTS/LIKES/WHATEVERTHEHECK OR A RANDOM CITY.

No. Just no.

@Cryptica: None taken.

As for me...

-When things are late
-When I expect something to happen but it repeatedly doesn't *coughNaruto*
-Bad luck

Xenophobia has got to be my biggest pet peeve. Honestly, I've met people with such horrid cases of it that they truly believe with every fiber of their being that it is morally wrong to be "weird," "a nerd," "different," etc. I've been told it's wrong to be a nerd (and when I asked them to define nerd, they said almost exactly, "you know, those people that play with rubik's cubes and play pokémon all the time. ugh.")

Also pretty much any other form of intolerance.

When people can't shut up for ten seconds. These two total douches don't get the grammatical concept of verb conjugation (present tense, mind you) simply because they won't stop talking. And then the fun gets spoiled because the whole class is punished (read: scraping gum off desks).

Babies. Especially screaming ones. Well, the babies themselves I don't mind so much, it's really them screaming bloody damn murder. Part of the blame goes to the parents too, who won't do anything. They've got to be deaf or stupid to not do a single thing. I mean, they can pat it and whisper to it to be quiet without even standing up or moving, but no, let's ruin everyone else's fun.

But really, there are two things I can't stand in this world:
People who are intolerant of other people's cultures.
And the Dutch.
yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

* people leaving doors open
* people moving my goddamn table
* teachers having favourites
* waiting for a long time
* gay as an insult
* people saying stuff like "god I'll never understand women" or "pfft men honestly"
* PEOPLE WHO SPELL "than" AS "then". OH MY GOD I WILL KILL YOU
* people who are more ageist than me lol
* the phrase "British accent"
* having to repeat something I've said
* coat hangers
* people who fart around with the settings on stuff when they clearly do not know what they're doing... it's painful to watch
* people who talk in the cinema. Two of my friends do this and I often wonder why I let them come with me
* people who stop right in the middle of corridors. Bloody year tens at school get out of my way you you ARGH
* in fact, people who walk mega slow in front of you. London I will kill you

probably a tonne more but yes.

Oh god, I can't stand neo-cons either. *shudders*

Also, I don't like people who are intolerant. Whether that be racist, homophobic, or intolerant of other people's religions (or lack thereof). The exception is being intolerant against neo-cons, like me. Then you're just awesome. ;) (But really though, even though conservative opinions make my blood boil I wouldn't actually consider harming anyone who holds those views. And considering where I live, I kind of HAVE to get along with them, which I do.)

They've got to be deaf or stupid to not do a single thing. I mean, they can pat it and whisper to it to be quiet without even standing up or moving, but no, let's ruin everyone else's fun.
To be fair, getting a crying baby to stop screaming probably isn't as easy as you might think. :3 You can try to comfort them, but it's not like they can really understand what you're saying... you can't negotiate, bargain with, or bribe babies into silence. And even though it may be disruptive to other people, you can't entirely avoid taking your little babies into public 24/7. Personally, I feel bad when I'm irked by a crying baby because my mom told me once that people used to get mad at her for not being able to make me stop crying, even though she had very little control over it.

Umm. Oh God, this is going to sound so anti-US but I really think it's a fantastic country, honest, but there are three things that irk me no end:

US spellings get on my nerves a lot, because if you're going to make some words phonetic, make all of them phonetic or just leave the bleeding language alone.

Recently it's been bugging me more and more that "America" means "the United States". Which, to me, is like calling Belgium Europe. It doesn't make a lot of sense, especially since "the US" and "the States" is just as quick to type/say and doesn't potentially include Argentina.

And US remakes of Asian horror films/UK TV programmes irritate me because they're rarely better, and they strip away all the cultural context of the original, which I find quite sad ):

A few things that tick me off for angry!feminist reasons: rape as a joke, rape framed as a compliment, sexism in advertising (sexism in most things, but, dear god, especially in advertising), the airbrushing and photoshopping of models on magazine covers, sexualised violence against women in the media, gender-related insults (like the ones Jolty mentioned) and, recently, the shocking number of films that fail to pass the Bechdel Test.

I also really don't like fast food; it's unhealthy, unethical (most of the time) and I've rambled enough about why I don't like massive chain corporations elsewhere.
I also hate how cheap junk food is compared to how shockingly dear anything healthy is.

There are a number of things I don't like about the British education system, particularly public schools (I just have issues), the way students are taught now to pass exams rather than how to learn, the irrelevance of so much that actually is taught and the blatant unfairness of some of the exams (like foundation maths - an exam it's not physically possible to pass).

And I really, really hate it when really great, innovative, different TV programmes are cancelled because the ratings aren't as good as something that's been done a million times before. I'll miss you, Pushing Daisies ):

...I should probably stop here. I don't like all the bad feelings I'm generating inside. Plus, this post is... rather long.

Danni said:
...and, recently, the shocking number of films that fail to pass the Bechdel Test.

What is this? I'm intrigued.

Jolty said:
* people leaving doors open
* people moving my goddamn table
* teachers having favourites
* waiting for a long time
* gay as an insult
* people saying stuff like "god I'll never understand women" or "pfft men honestly"
* PEOPLE WHO SPELL "than" AS "then". OH MY GOD I WILL KILL YOU
* people who are more ageist than me lol
* the phrase "British accent"
* having to repeat something I've said
* coat hangers
* people who fart around with the settings on stuff when they clearly do not know what they're doing... it's painful to watch
* people who talk in the cinema. Two of my friends do this and I often wonder why I let them come with me
* people who stop right in the middle of corridors. Bloody year tens at school get out of my way you you ARGH
* in fact, people who walk mega slow in front of you. London I will kill you
ALL OF THESE except maybe coathangers and 'British Accent' (why do you hate that?).

Also I really, really can not stand these three pre-pubescent kids who laugh and make jokes about sex when they probably don't even know what a penis is. Aarppsihsonshwjnx. >:|

Back
Top Bottom