• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Closed [DEAD] Illusions of the Past

S. E.

I'm a crow, don't'cha know?
Pronoun
she
Recently, technological advances have allowed scientists to create beings bearing likeness to all sorts of fictional characters. These are made using mostly simulation - however, the only part that is not is the brain, part organic and part AI. The AI's only true significance is for the false memories based off of their media, whereas the organic part contains real memories. These experiments were kept in labs for many years before they were leaked to the public.

When word first got out, the opinions were mixed. Some liked the idea of having, for instance, super-powered loyal pets to protect people, but others feared the consequences of having these dangerous characters. After all, what if they wouldn't integrate well into society? Not only that, but there were many difficult copyright issues involved. Eventually, the idea was scrapped, but the experiments were far too precious to destroy, even though people had been assured that they had been. But one day, decades later, after the one of many laboratories with these experiments in them was abandoned, disaster struck. A tornado swept up the city, leaving nothing but ruins after the people had been evacuated. The lab was destroyed as well, except for the experiments, which were still in suspended animation in the basement. Abruptly awakened, they began to explore the city, not knowing how they got here or what had happened. Gradually, everyone began to settle down and a community formed, going so far as to driving out the humans when they came back and even receiving characters from other labs who had escaped. Slowly but surely, the city had been restored, the ruins gone and the buildings rebuilt. The city, while it was no longer referred to by its actual name, was simply called "The City". It became infamous to humans and fictional characters alike.

The City has always been torn between its inhabitants, as in the worlds of fiction there are often clear divisions between who are considered "heroes" and "villains", and even those who are mostly neutral or chaotic neutral will often choose sides. Eventually it was split in half; the eastern half was run by the heroes and those who affiliated with them, and vice versa for the villains. Squabbles over territory would sometimes occur, but overall the two sides managed to remain cut off from each other. However, this soon proved to be no good - because of The City's lawlessness, the heroes always found it necessary to utterly punt the villains into next Tuesday to keep things orderly. That, and it gave them something to do. It was decided that there needed to be a pact, the only way to unite the two sides without fighting. But it will be difficult to get over past relations. Past relations that never truly existed... When they day comes, the truth will set them free.

Rules

1. Basic role-play rules apply.
2. Swearing is allowed, as long as it's in character.
3. This RP isn't too confined to its main plot - it can, and hopefully will, stray from time to time.
4. Being a mass-crossover, you can play any characters from any fiction. But of course, no non-fiction. In other words, no, you may not be Chuck Norris.
5. There are some characters who are in multiple types of media which differ greatly depending on which cannon they belong to. To be on the safe side, state in your form which cannon you'll be using, such as anime, for instance. So if any of you ask me what "Media type (choose one)" means, I will know you didn't read the rules.
6. Characters must act in character. While how they act out of context (thoughts, etc.) can sometimes be questionable, at least try to be accurate. Not all of it has to be cannon, though - some fannon, such as expanding their tastes, is fine. Just don't go overboard.
7. Original characters pertaining to a certain series are fine, just so long as they aren't purely original.
8. Reserved forms expire after a week.
9. As for whether a neutral character is hero or villain, just go with which side they are more likely to affiliate with. Sometimes chaotic neutral (AKA Might save your life, might steal your car) type characters can be more difficult to place, but they are still likely to go with one side so just choose.
10. Alright, so everyone knows that characters are sometimes killed off in their respective series. However, these characters can still be played, as technically they were never killed (if that didn't make sense then you didn't read the plot).
11. No more than two characters per person.
12. I know I keep saying this, but Male Gardevoir made me do it. I think he was going to eat my spleen. So if you cannot shake the urge to splatter someone with tomatoes, splatter him. But of course, if you have any complaints, take them to me.

Sign-Up Forms

Established Characters
Name:
Series:
Media type (choose one):
Hero or Villain:
Other:

Fan Characters
Name:
Series:
Species:
Personality:
Bio:
Hero or Villain:
Other:

should I make you give me their phone number while I'm at it

Members

Heroes
Ilyana (Animorph)
King of Sorrow (Male Gardevoir)
Vegeta (Black Yoshi 99)
Meta Knight (Shining Eevee)
Apollo Justice (Flareth)
L Lawliet (Bakun)
Storm (Dragon)
Purification (Mewtwo)
Shadowmoon (Mewtwo)
Link (Evoli)
Logoth (Nimler)
Sage (Evoli)
Edward Elric (FMC_x_ANS)
Black Jack (moon-panther)
Halan (moon-panther)

Villains
Karou (link008)
Envy (Full Metal Cookies)
Light Yagami (Bakun)
Bonecrusher (Exo-Raikou)
Len (FMC_x_ANS)
Zim (Flareth)
Mecha Sonic (Exo-Raikou)
Cell (Black Yoshi 99)
Pride (Full Metal Cookies)

Reserved
-

Last edited:
Re: Illusions of the Past

Established Characters
Name: Ilyana
Series: Fire Emblem
Media type : Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
Hero or Villain: Heroic, as long as there's a prospect of delicious food in the future
Other: Purple hair, purple eyes, sickly looking. Always hungry. And a bit shy.

Add me to the reservations.
Established Characters
Name: Ilyana
Series: Fire Emblem
Media type : Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
Hero or Villain: Heroic, as long as there's a prospect of delicious food in the future
Other: Purple hair, purple eyes, sickly looking. Always hungry. And a bit shy.
Reserved and accepted.

I TOLD YOU I WOULDN'T EAT YOUR SPLEEN, I WOULD HAVE MOLESTE-*shot and stabbed*

Anyway.

Name: King Of Sorrow, mostly referred to as only "King"
Series: Klonoa
Media type (choose one): Games
Hero or Villain: 'kay, while he's the main antagonist of Klonoa 2, the king doesn't have bad intentions, so he's more of an anti-hero then anything. And I'd like to be a hero, so I suppose I still could have him being one?
Other: Cheesecake

Name: Karou
Series: Digimon
Species: Poyomon > Tokomon > Tsukaimon > Devidramon > Gigadramon > Machinedramon
Personality: Karou is a loyal fellow and an effective organizer, but, being a Tsukaimon, is found working with or under what some would call the 'forces of evil'. He is mean-spirited, a bit of a bully, and mistrusting of the inhabitants of the hero side of town. Also, he tends to avoid actually fighting himself, but when push comes to shove he doesn't let up easily.
Bio: An attempt to create Patamon gone horribly wrong. His programmed memories are of freely serving far more powerful virus Digimon and such, nothing particularly special. In the City, he finds work as a messenger and occasional lower-level manager for some bigshot.
Hero or Villain: Villain
Other: Anyone looking for a henchman? =3

Established character
Name:Vegeta
Series:Dragon Ball Z
Media Type: Anime
Hero or Villan:Hero
Other:Yes, I'm going to be a bowl of vegetables. Because he is awesome. So awesome it's like he's Dutch.

I TOLD YOU I WOULDN'T EAT YOUR SPLEEN, I WOULD HAVE MOLESTE-*shot and stabbed*

Anyway.

Name: King Of Sorrow, mostly referred to as only "King"
Series: Klonoa
Hero or Villain: 'kay, while he's the main antagonist of Klonoa 2, the king doesn't have bad intentions, so he's more of an anti-hero then anything. And I'd like to be a hero, so I suppose I still could have him being one?
Other: Cheesecake
Name: Karou
Series: Digimon
Species: Poyomon > Tokomon > Tsukaimon > Devidramon > Gigadramon > Machinedramon
Personality: Karou is a loyal fellow and an effective organizer, but, being a Tsukaimon, is found working with or under what some would call the 'forces of evil'. He is mean-spirited, a bit of a bully, and mistrusting of the inhabitants of the hero side of town. Also, he tends to avoid actually fighting himself, but when push comes to shove he doesn't let up easily.
Bio: An attempt to create Patamon gone horribly wrong. His programmed memories are of freely serving far more powerful virus Digimon and such, nothing particularly special. In the City, he finds work as a messenger and occasional lower-level manager for some bigshot.
Other: Anyone looking for a henchman? =3
Established character
Name:Vegeta
Series:Dragon Ball Z
Media Type: Anime
Hero or Villan:Hero
Other:Yes, I'm going to be a bowl of vegetables. Because he is awesome. So awesome it's like he's Dutch.
Accepted.

POSTING MY FORM, MAKE WAY, CAPTAIN OBVIOUS COMING

Name: Meta Knight
Series: Kirby
Hero or Villain: Hero, technically anti-hero, but whatever. He's just a hero with an antagonistic flavor~
Other:

Name: Light Yagami (aka Kira)
Series: Death Note
Media type (choose one): Anime/Manga
Hero or Villain: Villain I guess, at least in most people's eyes. He is justice in his own eyes and some others, but just a murderer for most people. In other words, is a villain but considers himself a hero :3.
Other: I guess the Death Note can't be real? I mean, it's only himself that's got "resurrected" (In a way) and the Death Note is a supernatural thing that doesn't exist in the real world. And even if he could have it, he would be kind of a Gary Stu. Intelligent, hot, capable to kill by writing ones name et cetera et cetera :/.

Name: Light Yagami (aka Kira)
Series: Death Note
Media type (choose one): Anime/Manga
Hero or Villain: Villain I guess, at least in most people's eyes. He is justice in his own eyes and some others, but just a murderer for most people. In other words, is a villain but considers himself a hero :3.
Other: I guess the Death Note can't be real? I mean, it's only himself that's got "resurrected" (In a way) and the Death Note is a supernatural thing that doesn't exist in the real world. And even if he could have it, he would be kind of a Gary Stu. Intelligent, hot, capable to kill by writing ones name et cetera et cetera :/.
Uh, accepted, but I have no idea what you're talking about.

Um, well. A Seath Note is a notebook where you write the name of a person and the person dies. Light Yagami used it and called himself justice, he soon became known as Kira to society. And, well, the Death Note is a supernatural notebook that a Shinigami drops, aka a God of Death. And because Shinigamis don't exist in the real world, the Death Note won't either. So I'm asking you if he could own a Death Note like in the series?

I'm making a villain! And it isn't Mecha Sonic!

Name: Bonecrusher
Series: Transformers
Media type: I guess the Movie
Other: Much like his Rift in the Dimensions counterpart, Bonecrusher transforms into the Buffalo Minesweeper (see here) and has a symbiotic companion called Ravage (see picture here) Unlike his Rift counterpart, He's a lot more aggressive, and Ravage is little more than an extension of himself- the creature has little mind of its own. Obviously, this aggressive nature would draw him to the villains.

@Bakuphoon: Well, with that said, no, I don't think he could.

I'm making a villain! And it isn't Mecha Sonic!

Name: Bonecrusher
Series: Transformers
Media type: I guess the Movie
Other: Much like his Rift in the Dimensions counterpart, Bonecrusher transforms into the Buffalo Minesweeper (see here) and has a symbiotic companion called Ravage (see picture here) Unlike his Rift counterpart, He's a lot more aggressive, and Ravage is little more than an extension of himself- the creature has little mind of its own. Obviously, this aggressive nature would draw him to the villains.
Nuuuu what have you done with Mecha Sonic Accepted.

Established Characters
Name: Len
Series: Tsukihime/Melty Blood
Media type (choose one): Videogame
Hero or Villain: Villian?
Other: Neutral Good, as a Familiar she must have a contract with a master to replenish her 'mana' (No actual mana, but has a program to calculate it, and an automatic shutoff which kicks in if the algorithms made to simulate the mana equal zero). Has a Chaotic Neutral personality known as 'White Len'.

Len2.jpg

Last edited:

Um, well. A Seath Note is a notebook where you write the name of a person and the person dies. Light Yagami used it and called himself justice, he soon became known as Kira to society. And, well, the Death Note is a supernatural notebook that a Shinigami drops, aka a God of Death. And because Shinigamis don't exist in the real world, the Death Note won't either. So I'm asking you if he could own a Death Note like in the series?

I hardly doubt that, science can create power, but not indirect death.
In other words it's hard to create a book that can kill people by writing down their names in it.
On the other hand, Light is a hell of an intelligent fellow, that is enough to win a fight.

Established Characters
Name: Len
Series: Tsukihime/Melty Blood
Media type (choose one): Videogame
Hero or Villain: Villian?
Other: Neutral Good, as a Familiar she must have a contract with a master to replenish her 'mana' (No actual mana, but has a program to calculate it, and an automatic shutoff which kicks in if the algorithms made to simulate the mana equal zero). Has a Chaotic Neutral personality known as 'White Len'.

Len2.jpg
Accepted. Now all we need is one more hero.

I thought so. Now the question is: Am I intelligent enough to play Light...?

Also, can you have more than one chara?

Back
Top Bottom