• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

THINGS THAT SHOULD NOT BE

I actually wouldn't. I see no reason in reading something that does nothing but pan things, even if I don't like the thing in question. I mean, I am a League of Legends-sorta guy, so I don't like Heroes of Newerth a lot. But I wouldn't want to read something that bashes on Heroes of Newerth for completely nonsensical reasons.
But it's not bashing... it's offering ways for you to improve and pointing out why they think this way. Bashing is just saying "wow this sucks" and nothing else.

My problem is not the criticism. I think that criticism is a good, if sour, thing to have. My problem is that it tries to permanently label the subject in question as bad, and this bugs me to no end.
I think you're taking things too seriously. And too literally. The bad webcomics wiki does exaggerate for humour purposes, but I doubt they think most of the comics there are completely irredeemable. I repeat, if they are offering ways for you to improve, then obviously you can change the negative label they're giving you, so obviously it's not permanent. It's just up to the author if they want to change the label. They've posted topics in the past about the gradual improvement of the comics they've reviewed, so they're not dead set on "oh your comic is terrible and there is nothing you can do".

Of course it's actually not a problem since we are all entitled to our own opinion and Twokinds in particular, being what it is, is sure to stir up some twists.
Meh, maybe I'm just just too jaded about these things. I actually enjoy reading harsh reviews about books and games I like, just because I think it's interesting seeing the other side of things. I think it's boring when you limit yourself to an echo-chamber of people gushing endless praise all the time.

Wasps and moths. They serve no purpose to humans.

Apart from being pretty...

Last edited:
Name one thing that pants do that can't be accomplished with little pockets that you wear around your waist like a belt + air conditioning/heating.

Hide your legs if they're ugly enough that you're embarrassed about them!

Speaking of which, I wish leg hair and facial hair didn't exist. It make me look horrendous and it keeps growing back :c

Unless they actually are the enemy.
Case in point.

obs.: this was a joke, I am in no way seeking to start a debate over post-Black Album Metallica, that is a path of darkness that never ends well

I exaggerate, of course. Still, my opinion of Metallica would be so much higher if I could simply forget that St. Anger ever existed.

Mosquitoes. They spread disease and suck blood. They annoy humans without providing any particular benefit to the environment. Except for maybe bat food.

PEOPLE WITH BAD GRAMMAR

Yeah, I'm rather harsh. Aside from that, shipping wars as well as... something I forgot.

In what way is the wasp or the fucking midge-thing pretty?

Uh... Have you ever looked at wasps? They may be nasty assholes who just love to stick their stingers into you, but hot damn they look really cool. I'm also pretty sure that also wasps are kinda important to some plants (just like bees).
Moths are fuzzy and plain adorable and beautiful OuO

Things that should not be? It's actually really hard to think of anything that doesn't have a purpose. Besides, a lot of the posts in this thread seem to be more about THINGS I HATE FOR SOME REASON AND WOULD LIKE TO REMOVE FROM EXISTENCE instead of 'things that don't really serve any meaningful purpose) :U

a lot of the posts in this thread seem to be more about THINGS I HATE FOR SOME REASON AND WOULD LIKE TO REMOVE FROM EXISTENCE instead of 'things that don't really serve any meaningful purpose) :U

You mean, that's not the point of this thread? It is in the Insanity board, and the OP can't exactly dictate that the responses MAY ONLY BE OF TRULY POINTLESS THINGS.

I hate Ugg boots goddamn. They're just. so ugly.

Name one thing that pants do that can't be accomplished with little pockets that you wear around your waist like a belt + air conditioning/heating.
protect from windburn/sunburn? being able to go outdoors and not get hot/cold without having to carry a heater or air conditioner with you? covering legs/genitals? protective gear like motorbike clothes, firefighting uniform, etc?

I mean I think I get where you're coming from, but pants are kind of useful! o.o

Wasps and moths. They serve no purpose to humans.
er, so? They're not supposed to. Wasps & moths (and tons of other animals) are kind of indifferent to humanity as a whole, and I find it kind of odd (and horrible) that 'because they serve humanity no purpose' is a criterion for whether you'd want something to exist or not. o.o' I can understand not liking them because they bite/sting/are annoying, but because they're not 'useful' is a pretty horrible reason. :c

Not to mention that some species of wasps or moths undoubtedly form part of a food chain of some animal you probably like.

Tailsy Sparkle said:
I hate Ugg boots goddamn. They're just. so ugly.
Ugg boots are the worst. :/ I hate them because ugboots are like, an Australian fashion that nobody bothered copyrighting because they're a cultural thing, but now Ugg boots are a registered trademark of an American company.
also yeah they're kind of ugly but so comfortable hoo boy. Like crocs, but more socially acceptable.

the only thing I can think of off the top of my head is certain software that is supposed to make filling out one's tax return easier but in fact makes it much more difficult and time-consuming than filling out an actual paper tax return. >:|

Everytime I read Ugg boots, I think somebody's interjecting.

Thankfully, this only happens in this thread.

Back
Top Bottom