• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

THINGS THAT SHOULD NOT BE

Thorne

It's feeding time
THERE ARE A LOT OF DUMB THINGS OUT THERE THAT HAVE NO REASON TO EXIST

But is there anything in particular that you can't figure out what justifies it's existence? Remember that bad and pointless are not the same thing.

Remember to be nice, because there could be people out there that like what you don't. So be nice.

Personally I don't think that the Bad Webcomics Wiki should exist. Who exactly decides whether a webcomic is bad or not? I mean they have an entry for Twokinds of all thing, and Twokinds isn't bad. It's a pointless and not particulary funny, which feels like the purpose it is failing spectacularly at.

So is there anything you find pointless? Just remember to be nice.

Twokinds is an awful webcomic that deserves all the criticism it gets. Although the bad webcomics wiki went downhill fast, I do like reading reviews in general. How are you going to improve without criticism?

If you don't like it then at least have the courtesy to tell me why.

You definitively have a point in that criticism allows improvement but most of the time I felt that the Bad Webcomics Wiki was just kinda stupid.
....did you actually read the bad webcomics review? (It's harsh, but I do think it's one of the better written reviews that highlights a lot of the comic's main issues) Also, the author's treatment of his transgender character is horrible.

How exactly is it stupid? I mean, I do like the concept of the site, I just wish it was better maintained. Most of the reviews have really gone downhill, and it's all petty arguments now. Oh well. There's still the webcomic overlook.

I read a bit, but it seemed more like the work of a troll than anything else so I couldn't bother reading the rest of it.

The problem I have with it is that the actual quality of something, in this case Twokinds, is such a debatable subject that you can't actually label it that way because there are at least as many people liking it as there hating it. I would understand if comics like these are on the wiki, but even then I feel there really isn't an actual need for a wiki about "bad" webcomics.

Maybe I am just overreacting, but I really think that a a website trying to permanently label subjective matters as bad is void of meaning.

I read a bit, but it seemed more like the work of a troll than anything else so I couldn't bother reading the rest of it.

The problem I have with it is that the actual quality of something, in this case Twokinds, is such a debatable subject that you can't actually label it that way because there are at least as many people liking it as there hating it. I would understand if comics like these are on the wiki, but even then I feel there really isn't an actual need for a wiki about "bad" webcomics.

Maybe I am just overreacting, but I really think that a a website trying to permanently label subjective matters as bad is void of meaning.
You should probably read it the whole way through before you dismiss it. Twokinds has a lot of major issues, and this review highlights them very well. I'm guessing it's the tone that's putting you off, so try and ignore it if you can? Also, would you have read it the whole way through if it was focusing on a comic you hated?

I don't understand this logic. You shouldn't critise something because some people like it? If a work has serious flaws, the amount of people that like it doesn't change that one bit. You're free to debate those flaws yes, but I don't think anything should be exempt from criticism.

A website that offers criticism and points out flaws in overrated works isn't void of meaning. Some of the reviews there are badly written and unhelpful, I'll give you that, but some really hit the nail on the head and offer the writer the tools to improve their work. If someone's work has unfortunate implications or offensive undertones in it, then they deserve to be called out on it. If you don't like the tone of the site though, maybe you should check out the webcomics overlook? It offers the same thing, but with less snark I suppose.

And I'd like to make it clear that I'm not intending to be hostile here, I'm honestly interested in this discussion. If my first post came off as harsh, I'll admit that's probably because Twokinds really rubs me up the wrong way for various reasons.

Goddammit, I've used the words "criticism" and "criticize" a least half a million times in this post.

Plenty of Homestuck ships should just cease to be. Many of these involve Equius.

Yeah, gotta agree with this.

Last edited:
MOSQUITOES. SO MUCH MOSQUITOES.

Let's see:
They suck human's/animal's blood.
They make us (and animals) itchy as hell.
They spread diseases.

Someone kindly explain what good things they do!

I saw this topic's title and, for rather deduceable reasons (hint/giveaway), was immediately attracted to it.

Well, anyway. Um.

I don't know, shipping wars? I mean, I kind of don't like shipping to start with, but I can deal with the fact that it exists. Shipping wars, on the other hand, have to be one of the internet's greatest exercises of pointless hostility, and that's saying a lot.

Also, would you have read it the whole way through if it was focusing on a comic you hated?
I actually wouldn't. I see no reason in reading something that does nothing but pan things, even if I don't like the thing in question. I mean, I am a League of Legends-sorta guy, so I don't like Heroes of Newerth a lot. But I wouldn't want to read something that bashes on Heroes of Newerth for completely nonsensical reasons.

I don't understand this logic. You shouldn't critise something because some people like it? If a work has serious flaws, the amount of people that like it doesn't change that one bit. You're free to debate those flaws yes, but I don't think anything should be exempt from criticism.
My problem is not the criticism. I think that criticism is a good, if sour, thing to have. My problem is that it tries to permanently label the subject in question as bad, and this bugs me to no end.

And I'd like to make it clear that I'm not intending to be hostile here, I'm honestly interested in this discussion. If my first post came off as harsh, I'll admit that's probably because Twokinds really rubs me up the wrong way for various reasons.
I feel that is something that actually needs to be adressed in most discussions. The person you discuss with is never your enemy, but it seems many times people fail to realize this. I have fallen prey to this myself.
Your first post did make me feel rather uncomfortable, needless to say. It feels bad when you try to state an example and someone actually agrees with the example when you're trying to state the opposite.
Of course it's actually not a problem since we are all entitled to our own opinion and Twokinds in particular, being what it is, is sure to stir up some twists.

I don't know, shipping wars? I mean, I kind of don't like shipping to start with, but I can deal with the fact that it exists. Shipping wars, on the other hand, have to be one of the internet's greatest exercises of pointless hostility, and that's saying a lot.
Oh, how I agree with this... shipping wars just seem pointless. Fighting over something that in most cases isn't even canon...

I feel that is something that actually needs to be adressed in most discussions. The person you discuss with is never your enemy, but it seems many times people fail to realize this. I have fallen prey to this myself.
Unless they actually are the enemy.
Post-1990 Metallica is THE THING THAT SHOULD NOT BE.

"Lulu" definitely should not be.
Case in point.

obs.: this was a joke, I am in no way seeking to start a debate over post-Black Album Metallica, that is a path of darkness that never ends well

Back
Top Bottom