• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
3v3 single
Style: Set
DQ: 7 days
Damage Cap: 33%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Attract, Destiny Bond, Perish Song. 1 direct healer per Pokemon.
Arena: Metal Room

A large, spacious room that can accommodate even the largest of Pokemon. The walls, floor, and ceiling are made entirely of polished, shiny, durable steel that is pretty much unbreakable. There is a small pile of twisted, broken pieces of metal in the corner, for attacks that may need them, and perhaps more besides... Other than that, there is nothing interesting about this room.

3v3 single
Damage Cap: 33%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Attract, Destiny Bond, Perish Song. 1 direct healer per Pokemon.
Arena: Metal Room

A large, spacious room that can accommodate even the largest of Pokemon. The walls, floor, and ceiling are made entirely of polished, shiny, durable steel that is pretty much unbreakable. There is a small pile of twisted, broken pieces of metal in the corner, for attacks that may need them, and perhaps more besides... Other than that, there is nothing interesting about this room.
Will take!

I have one battle in Progress and one Awating A Ref. So...

7 vs 7 single
DQ: 1 week
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Earth Moving (earthquake, fissure, dig, etc.), Moves that needs a water source, and Direct Healing, Chills= 2/Pokemon
Arena: A Mirror
Description: This mirror is not average; it is as large as a football field. Around the edges burns a blue-purple flame that a Pokemon gets a burn from, similar to a Will-O-Wisp, if they touch it. Any water type move that is used within 6 yards of the flame is halved in power. Any fire type move used within that same 6 yards is doubled in power.
Other: No Water or Earth bound Pokemon.
E.g. Wailmer, Diglett, etc.

I have one battle in Progress and one Awating A Ref. So...

7 vs 7 single
DQ: 1 week
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Earth Moving (earthquake, fissure, dig, etc.), Moves that needs a water source, and Direct Healing, Chills= 2/Pokemon
Arena: A Mirror
Description: This mirror is not average; it is as large as a football field. Around the edges burns a blue-purple flame that a Pokemon gets a burn from, similar to a Will-O-Wisp, if they touch it. Any water type move that is used within 6 yards of the flame is halved in power. Any fire type move used within that same 6 yards is doubled in power.
Other: No Water or Earth bound Pokemon.
E.g. Wailmer, Diglett, etc.
I'll accept.
Darn, another battle where I can't use Vince.

After dropping vs. Aethelstan, I have vs. Cubone (in progress) and vs. ILS (awaiting a ref) so I have a slot for this.

3vs3 single
Style: set
DQ: 5 days
Damage Cap: 5%
Banned moves: OHKOs, Flying-type moves, Ground-type moves
Arena: Distortion World
At the Spear Pillar of Mt. Coronet, a great portal floats around in the air. This leads to the Distortion World, a messed up alternate dimension where the platforms you can stand on are all over the place. Gravity goes...well, everywhere, so Flying-type moves cannot be used. Also, the platforms float about, banning Ground moves.
Other: Despite the Banned Moves, Bounce can be used.

After dropping vs. Aethelstan, I have vs. Cubone (in progress) and vs. ILS (awaiting a ref) so I have a slot for this.

3vs3 single
Style: set
Damage Cap: 5%
Banned moves: OHKOs, Flying-type moves, Ground-type moves
Arena: Distortion World
At the Spear Pillar of Mt. Coronet, a great portal floats around in the air. This leads to the Distortion World, a messed up alternate dimension where the platforms you can stand on are all over the place. Gravity goes...well, everywhere, so Flying-type moves cannot be used. Also, the platforms float about, banning Ground moves.
Other: Despite the Banned Moves, Bounce can be used.

Taking this and dropping this

2 v 2 Single
5 Days DQ
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: 1 hit KOs, Protect, Detect
Arena- Boring Field
Boring Field was not named for it's horribly mundane appearance, but for it's discoverer Frederick Boring. Nonetheless, it's still a very, very boring field. It's nearly perfectly flat, with a nicely trimmed layer of lush green grass. The dirt underneath is sturdy yet soft, with the occasional rock or boulder beneath the ground. The sun always shines above with a few fluffy clouds, making the field a nice temperate location. The battlefield is position near two small ponds, large enough to hold most aquatic Pokemon, albeit without much elbow room for some of the larger ones. The ponds are symmetrically positioned on either side of the battlefield, which is rectangular in shape. Yes there is literally nothing interesting about this field. Which is exactly why it's the perfect place for a battle.

Luxcario dropped this, so reposting as available.

2 v 2 Single
5 Days DQ
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: 1 hit KOs, Protect, Detect
Arena- Boring Field
Boring Field was not named for it's horribly mundane appearance, but for it's discoverer Frederick Boring. Nonetheless, it's still a very, very boring field. It's nearly perfectly flat, with a nicely trimmed layer of lush green grass. The dirt underneath is sturdy yet soft, with the occasional rock or boulder beneath the ground. The sun always shines above with a few fluffy clouds, making the field a nice temperate location. The battlefield is position near two small ponds, large enough to hold most aquatic Pokemon, albeit without much elbow room for some of the larger ones. The ponds are symmetrically positioned on either side of the battlefield, which is rectangular in shape. Yes there is literally nothing interesting about this field. Which is exactly why it's the perfect place for a battle.

Eh, sure, why not?

This is not theft. Also, taking Kusari vs Aethelstan.

2vs2 doubles
DQ: 7 Days
Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, direct recovery moves
Arena: Tree of Dreams

Many of the TCoD League's trainers are taking a protracted vacation to Unova, traveling around the region and dropping into different cities to watch or battle in the ongoing league championship. There's one group that's been taking a vacation of a different sort, though--a select few who elected to venture into Unova's Dream World rather than take the normal route around the Unova region, with the promise of a battle at the end of their excursion and a place in the league championship if they should emerge victorious.

There are many paths through the Dream World, but they all end at the same location: the Tree of Dreams, an incrediblly ancient plant whose boughs are draped with the dreams of pokémon from all around the world. It is thought that those who bring an offering to the tree's base may be able to change their dreams into reality, but there will be none of that today. No, today there will be only battling, the opportunity to change dreams of glory into reality for those who were unlucky enough to miss the earlier championship registration period.

The area around the base of the Tree of Dreams is a simple grassy field, offering nothing in particular to help or hinder any battler. However, since this is, after all, the Dream World, pokémon will have no trouble accomplishing astonishing feats like conjuring tidal waves from nowhere or dropping spectral rocks on their foe. There are no restrictions on the kinds of attacks that can be used here, save those imposed by the league.

Last edited:
This is not theft. Also, taking Kusari vs Aethelstan.

2vs2 doubles
DQ: 7 Days
Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: anything but metronome
Arena: Tree of Dreams

Many of the TCoD League's trainers are taking a protracted vacation to Unova, traveling around the region and dropping into different cities to watch or battle in the ongoing league championship. There's one group that's been taking a vacation of a different sort, though--a select few who elected to venture into Unova's Dream World rather than take the normal route around the Unova region, with the promise of a battle at the end of their excursion and a place in the league championship if they should emerge victorious.

There are many paths through the Dream World, but they all end at the same location: the Tree of Dreams, an incrediblly ancient plant whose boughs are draped with the dreams of pokémon from all around the world. It is thought that those who bring an offering to the tree's base may be able to change their dreams into reality, but there will be none of that today. No, today there will be only battling, the opportunity to change dreams of glory into reality for those who were unlucky enough to miss the earlier championship registration period.

The area around the base of the Tree of Dreams is a simple grassy field, offering nothing in particular to help or hinder any battler. However, since this is, after all, the Dream World, pokémon will have no trouble accomplishing astonishing feats like conjuring tidal waves from nowhere or dropping spectral rocks on their foe. There are no restrictions on the kinds of attacks that can be used here, save those imposed by the league.

Me! I'll be dropping my open challenge then.

Last edited:
Hope this one won't clog up my active battle total too long.

2vs2 Singles
Banned Moves: Direct recovery, Pain Split, any moves that instantly faint a battler (Explosion, OHKOs, Destiny Bond, Perish Song, etc.). Chills are restricted to 5 per Pokémon.
Arena: Mockery Marsh

This vile swamp is so deeply covered in toxic gas and venomous beings, it's impossible to visit it without wearing a protective suit. As such, any non-Poison type Pokémon will take 5% Poison-type damage each round. Poison-types will thrive in this virulent enviroment, however, and heal 2% health per round. However, the shifting creatures of the marsh will constantly make fun of the Poison-type, and thus, any Pokémon of that type is constantly Tormented, and any Pokémon that uses a move of that type becomes Tormented for a normal duration.

Other: All Gen V Pokémon may use Sleep Talk.

Hope this one won't clog up my active battle total too long.

2vs2 Singles
Banned Moves: Direct recovery, Pain Split, any moves that instantly faint a battler (Explosion, OHKOs, Destiny Bond, Perish Song, etc.). Chills are restricted to 5 per Pokémon.
Arena: Mockery Marsh

This vile swamp is so deeply covered in toxic gas and venomous beings, it's impossible to visit it without wearing a protective suit. As such, any non-Poison type Pokémon will take 5% Poison-type damage each round. Poison-types will thrive in this virulent enviroment, however, and heal 2% health per round. However, the shifting creatures of the marsh will constantly make fun of the Poison-type, and thus, any Pokémon of that type is constantly Tormented, and any Pokémon that uses a move of that type becomes Tormented for a normal duration.

Other: All Gen V Pokémon may use Sleep Talk.

I shall take you on, Metallica Fanboy.

5vs5 single
DQ: Standard week
Damage Cap: 45%
Banned Moves: OHKO's,
Arena: Haeforle Tower

Haeforle Tower stands proud against the night sky. Impossibly tall, from the plateau on the top it is impossible to see the bottom through the clouds. A half moon is all that illuminates the battle arena, and even then, the stormy weather occasionally blocks this out-every round, there is a 5% chance the moon will be shrouded and the accuracy of all Pokémon drops by -3 for the entirety of that round. The storm must have some mystical force behind it, as the rain continually batters down and cannot be replaced for any other weather. The lightning stands as a constant threat:any that move more than three meters away from the plateau in any direction will be struck, being dealt a 10% electric damage and fair paralysis. This also has a 5% chance of happening to Steel-type Pokémon or Pokémon with the ability Lightningrod every round. The tower plateau itself is circular, thirty meters in diameter, and made of hard stone, with a four-foot high wall running along the perimeter. There is no area for Pokémon dependent on Water.

So, this is where I can challenge anybody I want, I am guessing.

Then I challenge, umm, lets see. Pathos

Type of Battle: 2 versus Two Single Switch style
damage Cap: 45%
Bannaed Moves: One hit KOs
Arena: Descara Town Battle center

Descara Town is a creepy ghost town that is located far iunderneath Boulderon Mountain. There are surprisingly people here that wish to have their own private battles. That is why the Battle Center was made. Here, any trainer can make a chalenge to battle a trainer of their choice. However, the room is dimmly lit, so there will be a drop in all accuracy of any Pokemon taht cannot use Flash or Mind Reader or any other move that allows you to see in the dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom