• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Daily Pokemon Discussions

NEW DAY NEW DAY NEW DAY.
120.gif

I love Misty's Staryu. I've never used it in battle. Discuss.

I like the Pokemon, it's design is simple yet effective, and it's quite a capable Pokemon (though as most, I prefer to evolve it...).

I like Weezing's design, but I've never used one, and dislike Koffing.

Staryu is ok, and I only like Starmie marginally better.

I always thought the noise Staryu made in the anime was pretty cool.

They're kinda creepy at first in Pokemon Snap, but then they make way for the coolest entrance ever by another Pokemon and I like that about them too.

It looks like it's made of stone. I had to see it in the anime to find out that the brown parts are soft.

Are the starfish the only Pokémon that are genderless because of actually being hermaphrodites? Legendaries are just too mysterious, Shedinja is an empty shell whose soul lacks gender identity and the rest are machines/rocks/ancient artifacts. (I'm not sure about Ditto. Do amoebas count as hermaphrodites?)

I think it's a counterpart to Shellder. they're both pure Water, they both evolve by Water Stone and the evolved forms have two types. And they're also purple and spiky. Plus there's that connection between Misty and Lorelei, who use exactly the same three types.

Archeops is pretty cool, and I think I might like him better than Carracosta, but I always end up picking Tirtuga because I hate Archen.

Archeops is pretty cool, but Defeatist makes it worse. Because of that I choose Tirtouga.

Its ability is really underwhelming, but I still really like Archeops. It's probably my favorite fossil ever in design. I was really excited when they started making fossils that looked like dinosaurs in IV, because I'm a huge dinosaur buff, and Archeops is modeled after some of my favorites.

Hmmmm, maybe I should do todays.

I wanna choose.....
Wailmer

I like it. Especially when it evolves into the largest Pokemon ever.

Wailmer is blech. I don't like it at all, maybe because of the rival in Hoenn, but I don't know. I like Wailord fine though...even if its a little tall...

wailmer are inflammable.

they must be, in order for both the physics to work out and for wailmer not to implode.

it's not quite as dramatic an effect as with wailord, but.

I love wailmer. It's so bouncy and round! Also every time someone mentions it I think of using it as a beach ball.

I've always been confused between flammable and inflammable. Are they synonyms or antonyms?

Superbird;592656 I've always been confused between flammable and inflammable. Are they synonyms or antonyms?[/QUOTE said:
Synonyms, I think. On another note, I have no opinion on Wailmer. At all. Wailord has the whole 'really, REALLY freaking big' thing going for it. Wailmer's...meh. It's sorta cute and derpy, I guess. Also, I'm pretty sure it has, like, no Defenses, but tons of HP. Or is it the other way around? Eh.

I love wailmer. It's so bouncy and round! Also every time someone mentions it I think of using it as a beach ball.

I've always been confused between flammable and inflammable. Are they synonyms or antonyms?

As res put it, yes- they mean the exact same thing.

Archeops: Meh. Bad ability, and I prefer defensive fossils.
What's with the Water III egg group? It should be Bird/Monster.

Wailmer: Water counterpart of Numel, and the line is the non-legendary counterpart of Kyogre.
Low Special Defense is bad.
I remember using a Petilil to fight them. Pokémon like this make Leech Seed awesome.

Back
Top Bottom