• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokemon X/Y

Oh come on. I've been chain fishing non-stop and I haven't gotten a shiny. Except for the shiny Dragalge on the GTS which I had to trade my Xerneas 'Concord' to. speaking of which, anyone willing to give me a xerneas and/or yveltal?

Anyway, I finished the main game earlier today. The post game... man.
The Looker Bureau arc is... oh my god. Not only does Looker return, but you actually partner up with him to fight crime in Lumiose City (he pretends to be 'a hard boiled detective' and doesn't reveal his globabl investigator identity until the end), and he ends up taking an orphan named Emma (with her Espurr 'Mimi') under his wing. Then Emma starts to feel like she doesn't deserve all the nice charity Looker's giving her (he's giving her food and shelter on an already tight budget and he's teaching her how to read), so she looks for a part time job. Said job is testing out the Essentia suit created by Team Flare's Xerosic, and she unknowingly commits dastardly crimes, as she's in a comatose state while in the suit. After you and Looker save her, Looker, with his job being done, leaves. Before doing so, Emma begs him to stay, and, well, he doesn't. He can't; he's got that Global Investigator job of his. But then he makes Emma head of the Looker Bureau and Xerosic (now good but still going to jail) dons her the Essentia suit (remote control free) so that she can keep on protecting Lumiose City. Then there's a bunch of touchy feely goodness and oh god I couldn't stop crying.

So, uh... I think I'm going crazy with the outfits. As champion, I pretend that my character's so well known she has to adopt another persona that has orange bobbed hair and that special sundae dress and speaks in a foreign accent (think Fantina, although since Kalos is based on France...) just so she doesn't get any attention.

It's... surprisingly fun. I can just imagine my character going up to someone like Lumiose City's museum curator and saying, "IS WHERE I, HOW YOU SAY, BARTER GOODS? GOATS? GOOTS?"

I just found it incredibly stupid that this guy was allowed to see that girl after using her to commit all those crimes.
Also, I liked the plot...it was better that the main game one.

I am trying to ev train a team. Its going quite slow as I wanna get them to around lv 80 so I can actually win the random battles people keep requesting of me.

Late to the show, but I've just defeated the Champion. EXP Share is OP.

My team:

Name: Pyra
Species: Delphox
Level: 73
Moves: Flamethrower. Psychic, Shadow Ball, Will-O-Wisp

Name: Palmer
Species: Venasaur (~)
Level: 72
Moves: Sludge Bomb, Energy Ball, Toxic, Leech Seed

Name: Arianna
Species: Doublade
Level: 73
Moves: Iron Head, Shadow Claw, Sacred Sword, Aerial Ace

Name: Hylia
Species: Aurorus
Level: 70
Moves: Ice Beam, Ancient Power, Thunderbolt, Calm Mind

Name: Looloo
Species: Goodra
Level: 67
Moves: Dragon Pulse, Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, Muddy Water

Name: Mahogany
Species: Trevenant
Level: 68
Moves: Phantom Force, Horn Leech, Return, Leech Seed

That's right, Palmer gets all the bitches.

oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god

eee i finally chain fished a shiny!! he's a blue relicanth <333 now I need a nickname for him

Oh, has anyone gone to the Lumiose TMV Station and checked the back of the farther time table? There's a really eerie message on the back, and no one has any fucking clue on what it means. Maybe it's about the two abandoned Skiddo?

I don't use the EXP Share. I find it takes a lot of the point of the game away. My little brother (who's 8 years old, so it's kind of OK) used it. His Chesnaught kicks ass and all, Spiky Shield is a brilliant move that beat the last Gym for him (he was on the brink of losing because it was both his and the leader's last Pokemon and they were faster and much stronger in level I believe, but he used Spiky Shield, lo and behold he won it), but he barely used it is a Quilladin.

Meanwhile, I couldn't get enough of my Frogadier. I loved that thing so much I delayed itd evolution as I was afraid that the third evolution would kill it for me. I was wrong. Greninja is my favourite final evolution Water starter now. Then I found out it learnt its signature at 36, so I missed out on that.

The scarceness of post-game content is deeply concerning for me. For the past few days my X game has been collecting dust and I've been powering through the World Leaders Tournament on Black 2 with my invincible Magnezone. I hope the DLC rumours about X are true

Finished up the main plot yesterday, I think. Just beat Team Flare.
Sure, the plot wasn't awesome like Gen V's, but it wasn't terrible? At least it wasn't blatant, mustache-twirling evil. The guy actually wanted what was best, even if he went to ridiculous lengths to get there. Although his get-up at the end confused me considerably. ???
Also, what's with the giant guy??? I read the cutscene and everything, but there's not really any reason he should be enormous. I'm confused.

Finished up the main plot yesterday, I think. Just beat Team Flare.
Sure, the plot wasn't awesome like Gen V's, but it wasn't terrible? At least it wasn't blatant, mustache-twirling evil. The guy actually wanted what was best, even if he went to ridiculous lengths to get there. Although his get-up at the end confused me considerably. ???
Also, what's with the giant guy??? I read the cutscene and everything, but there's not really any reason he should be enormous. I'm confused.

The main plot's not over yet. All will be revealed by the time you're Champion.

If anyone's wondering how to get Heart Scales in a quick and easy manner, follow these steps.

1. Go to Cyllage City
2. Have an Old Rod
3. Have a Pokemon with Thief or Covet that can knockout level 15 Luvdisc in one hit (Level 30 is generally best)
4. Fish and Thief/Covet

Cyllage City has a 100% encounter rate for Luvdisc when using the Old Rod, and Luvdisc have a very high chance of having a Heart Scale. The last thing one needs to do is ensure they take the Heart Scale from the Thieving/Coveting Pokemon in question.

Helps to have a Pokemon with frisk, of course. I used the evolve of noibat. :3

Still ev training...I will have to make 2 teams at this rate.

Hiikaru gave me Pokérus, so I spread it onto a bunch of pokémon and am trying to give them to random people, but no one seems to want to trade with me.

On that note, if anyone wants pokérus, find me.

Hiikaru gave me Pokérus, so I spread it onto a bunch of pokémon and am trying to give them to random people, but no one seems to want to trade with me.

On that note, if anyone wants pokérus, find me.

I wouldn't mind Pokérus. My internet is shocking though :unsure:

Are there any specific Pokémon you're after? I don't have that many

Oh, has anyone gone to the Lumiose TMV Station and checked the back of the farther time table? There's a really eerie message on the back, and no one has any fucking clue on what it means. Maybe it's about the two abandoned Skiddo?

Quoting this because this is actually one of the few things not revealed by /vp/, and I'd like it if people could speculate on it.

Speaking of 4chan shenanigans, someone was able to hack the 3DS and revealed what the three event 'mons look like.

Helps to have a Pokemon with frisk, of course. I used the evolve of noibat. :3

Still ev training...I will have to make 2 teams at this rate.

There's a really easy way to ev train now-if you have a Pokemon with a multitarget move, and give it pokerus and the corresponding power item, and fight in a horde battle, you can gain 50 evs in a stat for the one battle, as long as all the Pokemon you defeat give the same evs.

Also I have pokerus (or will in a couple days), so I can help spread it too.

Okay then, has anyone else seen the weird creepy girl in Lumiose City yet, in the North Boulevard building with three storeys?

The one listening to the elevator? Isn't she a different person?

I love the event legendaries (as well as Eternal Floette and the two Vivillon patterns), but what the fuck did they do with the Latis? Jesus, they both look the same, except just indigo colored. They both look like Latios, if anything. Come on, the rest of the Hoenn starters deserve mega evos than them.

...are you sure the lati shots are real? There's no mega evolution icon next to their names, right above their status bars, whereas usually there's that little icon after something has mega evolved.

Also, why? Soul Dew is already a thing, and it's banned even in official tournaments and the battle subway. They really don't need anything else! Even moreso than Garchomp or Lucario or Gengar, because they already have exclusive items that make them extremely broken.

EDIT: Oh, right, if the encounter is hacked, they probably wouldn't have actually have mega evolved to have gotten into that form. Never mind, it could be totally legit. Still, though, why is that even necessary? What would a mega evolution accomplish that they really need? Except more speed?

Back
Top Bottom